FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki NEW FEATURE: Tiki Central now has image uploading!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
NEW FEATURE: Tiki Central now has image uploading!
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 1:36 pm   Permalink

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 2:23 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-08-02 14:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-08-02 14:30 ]

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 2:44 pm   Permalink

This looks Great!. Thanks Hanford

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amiotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 3:00 pm   Permalink

Now THAT'S a SCORPION!!!

My favorite flowers

Hanford baybee - you rock!

View Profile of amiotiki Send a personal message to amiotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 3:22 pm   Permalink

From one programmer to another, isn't it great when you code something up that everyone's been wanting for a long time and now everyone calls you a genius?! Good work Hanford, works great.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 5:14 pm   Permalink

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 5:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-02 09:34, Unga Bunga wrote:

I don't know why, but this photo and every re-invention of it kills me everytime!

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-02 5:32 pm   Permalink

Testing

View Profile of Tiki Lee Send a personal message to Tiki Lee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 6:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2006-08-02 15:22, GatorRob wrote:
From one programmer to another, isn't it great when you code something up that everyone's been wanting for a long time and now everyone calls you a genius?! Good work Hanford, works great.

Yes! Quite. It took me longer to get to than I ever thought it would, but it required me learning the ins-and-outs of tacking onto the existing Tiki Central memberlist. We used to have a 3rd-party Gallery, and not only did it not tie into Tiki Central very well, we got HACKED because of it!

Overall I'm happy with how this is turning out and I hope that someday it will lead to bigger and better image-related features.

~Hanford

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore 2006-08-02 18:46 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 6:58 pm   Permalink

Thank you. I'm on dial up and the pictures loaded a lot faster than it typically takes to put them on Shutterfly. Great addition to TC.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Karbora
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-02 7:04 pm   Permalink

SWEET! Hanford this is ultra cool. I feel I will now be able to contribute much more content to TC as posting visuals has now become a no-brainer. Thanks for your efforts in making this happen.

Karbora

View Profile of Karbora Send a personal message to Karbora      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 9:15 pm   Permalink

Thank the tiki gods! And you too Hanford. I'll buy you a mai tai tomorrow night. I guess I'll have to drink it though. Can't let it get warm ya know.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 9:38 pm   Permalink

Gossamer

Tiki

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 10:06 pm   Permalink

I used the new feature for the first time and had no problems. Thanks for finding a way to keep those pesky red x's from appearing just because shutterfly changed something. Now I have to go back and get my old photos replaced with TC hosted ones so my carving thread will make sense to any new viewers. BTW, here is my newest creation: 18" walnut replica of ol' 8FT himself.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 08:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-02 18:34, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-08-02 15:22, GatorRob wrote:

Yes! Quite. It took me longer to get to than I ever thought it would, but it required me learning the ins-and-outs of tacking onto the existing Tiki Central memberlist. We used to have a 3rd-party Gallery, and not only did it not tie into Tiki Central very well, we got HACKED because of it!

Overall I'm happy with how this is turning out and I hope that someday it will lead to bigger and better image-related features.

~Hanford

One suggestion... display the bbcode in a text box with a "copy to clipboard" button next to it. Then on the message editor page, you can add a "paste from clipboard" button that will paste the bbcode to the current cursor location. There is a way to do this that works quite well, but it only works in IE (but there may be a workaround). Here are a couple of links if you're interested:

Tutorial 1
Tutorial 2

Or, alternatively you could also just insert the bbcode directly into the editor at the current cursor location from the image upload page. No copying or pasting required. These are just some thoughts I had that I thought I'd share. As it is, it works great and is a BIG time-saver over using 3rd party image hosting sites. Rock on!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation