FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving There is a tiki party going on in my backyard
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
There is a tiki party going on in my backyard
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-26 8:55 pm   Permalink

bump. Where ya at Will ?

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SCTikiShack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 11:15 am   Permalink

Rodeo,

I have been super busy.
Recently, I just finished putting on a slate roof on my house. However, this doesn't mean that I haven't been carving. I am doing some carving and/ or sanding every day. One of these days when I get a moment I'll post some pics.
Thank you for thinking of me,
Will

View Profile of SCTikiShack Send a personal message to SCTikiShack  Email SCTikiShack Goto the website of SCTikiShack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 3:59 pm   Permalink

Damn neighbors. It's good to see the new stuff.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-28 4:13 pm   Permalink

slate roof? that's NOT tiki! Where's that damn "un-tiki" thread...

the south swells are coming!!!!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SCTikiShack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-29 4:25 pm   Permalink

Raffertiki and Polynesiac,

What's up guys? I hope life is treating you well. Sorry to be kind of a bonehead by being absent from this forum lately. I have kind of developed a love/hate relationship with it. I blame this on being a Gemini thus bipolar.

Raffer, I haven't seen any images of tikis on your post lately. What up? Whenever I see your post, it makes me stoked, then when I go check it out and no pics, makes we want to cry. No worries though, I always get to see your headhunter tiki with is one of my all time favorites.

Polynesiac,
Are you going to be home during Christmas?
I'll be down there and it would be cool to meet up with you and check out your work.
Also, is it cool if I tag along at Royal Palms, paddle around and drop in on everyone and then say I'm a buddy of yours?
Just kidding, I have better manners then most of the people out there these days.
I'll send you a PM.

Here are some freshies

View Profile of SCTikiShack Send a personal message to SCTikiShack  Email SCTikiShack Goto the website of SCTikiShack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-29 4:30 pm   Permalink

Super sick carves sir! Thanks for posting them. All of your work just screams to me! The dark poles are trick!

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 01:23 am   Permalink

Will,

Those poles are the coolest. Beautiful work. At first I just saw the one in the foreground then my eye traveled back to see the others. Just one is amazing. The whole bunch leaves me speechless. They fit the space so perfect. Pretty hefty logs themselves too. I like seeing the huge tikis you make.

Love the other new additions too... nice and clean!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SCTikiShack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 10:54 am   Permalink

Gman & Lake,

Thanks for your plugs.

The big fatty tikis were a chore to work with, they were around 1/2 a ton each and I had to use a backhoe and lots of leverage to move them. I don't know about you guys, but I have become kind of a bear from moving lots of logs. When it was time to deliver them, I somehow got them into a loaded down U-haul. The 12 hour, all night drive, to Phoenix was pretty interesting, but miraculously we made it.

Normally, I like to carve my large tikis deeper, but these had to be split in half and wrapped around a support pole.

These are the finished product of the ones I had in a separate post last year. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it.

Gman, where are the pictures of your project using the burl I sent you? I'm sure that it looks killer. you can post it under "other crafts".

Will

Reid-O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-30 12:23 pm   Permalink

Nice work!

View Profile of Reid-O Send a personal message to Reid-O  Goto the website of Reid-O     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 2:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-29 16:25, SCTikiShack wrote:

Thanks for posting these pictures of the tikis in theri final home. I was wondering where these were placed. Your deep cut line style is mind boogleing how perfect those cuts are.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SCTikiShack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-05 10:19 am   Permalink

JP & Reid-O,

Thank you guys. I just love making huge tikis. Redwood seems to prefer deep large cuts as to small detailed carving. Perfect for chainsaw work. These tikis are currently living in a restaurant attached to the ValleyHo Hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona. If you are ever there, you should check this hotel out. It is 5 star hotel completely remodeled 60's style. Supposedly, it is one of the top ten sexiest hotels in America.

Will

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-05 4:26 pm   Permalink

BIG FAT SEXY tikis! Only the best from Will! If I ever get to Arizona, I'm going looking for that hotel - just so I can get my picture taken with those guys.

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation