FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana You would have loved him....
You would have loved him....
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 4:24 pm   Permalink

......if you had ever met him. This is my Father who passed away unexpectedly on July 13. We had just celebrated his 77th birthday as well as my folks 49th wedding anniversary only days before his death. We had spent a lot of time together recently landscaping his yard and I will always be grateful for that. But sadly I must complete the project by myself now. I miss him SOOOO much. This photo was taken a few years ago when he took Mom to Hawaii. He had first been there as a young Navy sailor 50 years before. Thanks for letting me share his memory.

I LOVE YOU DAD

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 4:27 pm   Permalink

I'm so sorry, 8ft. He looks like a happy guy. That's great that you all got to gather to celebrate with him before he passed, and the little bit you wrote paints the picture of a guy who had a great, full life. Thank you for sharing him with us, and my sincerest condolences for your loss.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 4:38 pm   Permalink

He looks like a great dad!!!
Sorry to hear about your loss.
He's at that tiki bar in the
sky having the best mai tai ever made!!!
PEa

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 09:36 am   Permalink

8ft Tiki,

I'm so sorry for your loss. He seems like great guy. He looks so happy in the picture. It's wonderful that he got to bring your mom to Hawaii and celebrate 49 years with her. My sincere condolences.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 11:08 am   Permalink

i'm so sorry to read of your loss. i'm glad you got to spend alot of time with him recently. when my mom passed last year, i spent her last 6 weeks in san diego with her and we talked more in that time than we had in the last 30 years combined. it meant so much to me. bullet

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 1:12 pm   Permalink

Awesome smile.
And he looks about 8 ft. tall.

Glad you've got a lot of memories where he can stay with you for life.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 1:41 pm   Permalink

DAD's Rule !!!!

Celebrate his life as best as you can.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 10:29 pm   Permalink

Dads are full of wisdom. Always remeber the best. Not the worst!

Sorry for your loss.

Dad's Rock!!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-04 07:23 am   Permalink

A toast to 8ft DadTiki's Memory!

Our Love and Sympathy to 8ft MomTiki!

Our Love and Sympathies to you.

Cherish the memories as much as you loved the man.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-05 06:15 am   Permalink

Sorry to hear about your loss man. You obviously have a great deal of respect and love for your father.

Remember the good times and celebrate his life.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-05 9:03 pm   Permalink

Man, 8 Ft.,

That was beautiful. Sad, of course, but the love and the pain you feel from the loss were very apparent in your post. It's kind of obvious that, though you've suddenly lost a great deal, you gained so much from him while he was here that, once the sad fades, the happy will still be as strong as ever. And that was one Happy pic!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Take care, friend.

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation