FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Our Tiki (er tropical) Garden < New Pics page 3>
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Our Tiki (er tropical) Garden < New Pics page 3>
drslingshot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-02 6:07 pm   Permalink

Hello everyone, we thought it was time we shared some pics of our Tiki Garden. We enjoy Tiki Central very very much. Spreading the Tiki love in far western Kentucky......enjoy! We have been at this for 3 years now and enjoy it.

From under the roof...

and other angles...

[ This Message was edited by: drslingshot 2006-08-09 03:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: drslingshot 2011-02-20 16:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: drslingshot 2011-02-21 13:19 ]

View Profile of drslingshot Send a personal message to drslingshot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drslingshot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-02 7:05 pm   Permalink

we appreciate all comments......so lets here from some of you

View Profile of drslingshot Send a personal message to drslingshot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 8:08 pm   Permalink

Looks like a great place for a party!!!!!
How do the neighbors like it?...Mine are still uncertain!

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 09:43 am   Permalink

Your plants are fantastic!!!
Can't git too many tropicals to grow that big here!
Looks nice and relaxing there!
Wish I could come over!
PEa

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drslingshot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-03 09:47 am   Permalink

yes moondog had a few good parties here this year. The neighbors think its supposed to be a jumgle theme..lol We are educating them about Tiki.....

drslingshot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-03 09:48 am   Permalink

we do good with the tropicals sweetpea. Have to dig them up every year but its well worth the work. Sweetpea the gate is always open so come on in and enjoy the relaxation!

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 1:04 pm   Permalink

The place looks awesome.
Your banana trees are better than mine.

Jerk.

Welcome to TC...mumble grumble...

Hey, you need to make up a tiki drink that uses moonshine.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-04 06:31 am   Permalink

I am guessing that palm tree is fake? YEah, the bananas are great and your Elephant Ears are huge! Are those Musa Basjoo? Do you bring those in in winter? I'm here in East TN and the first year for my garden. I look forward to everything filling in and getting tall like that.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drslingshot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-04 6:14 pm   Permalink

thanks Pablus, I will work on a monnshine cocktail.....lol

drslingshot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-04 6:17 pm   Permalink

swanky,

the palm is real too, it's in a pot. Yes we dig everything up in the winter. The elephant ears were that big last year too(3rd year with these plants) not sure about the variety you mentioned. The bananas and elephant ears were given too us. We started with 3 little banana trees and 4 elephant ears! Now we are gonna have to expand again this winter...

tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-04 10:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-02 18:07, drslingshot wrote:

Hey, is that Pele (from the Enchanted Tiki Room)?

BTW, how do you keep your palms and taro plants alive in Kentucky during the winter?

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drslingshot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-05 09:26 am   Permalink

tikipedia,

we dig up all the plants each year. Store the plants and bulbs in a basement. Yes that a pele knock off statue, one of the Big Lot statues. I know some people here think they are chessy but it works well for us....at 29.99 and a little paint it worked out well....

GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-05 10:55 am   Permalink

Very nice place you have there. Thanks for posting the pics! I'm amazed at how fast bananas can grow in a single season. About 4 months ago I planted a red banana in our screened in porch and it's now about 15 feet high and about to reach the top of the screen. Don't know what I'm going to do when it hits the top. I didn't think it would get that high so fast.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-05 11:53 pm   Permalink

Great place !!! And those elephant ears are so cool!!! Great job!!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drslingshot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-06 03:44 am   Permalink

thank you Queen we spend alot of timee out there. I am quickly learning what we need to get rid of and re think our setting style.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation