FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music What does Roller Derby and Tiki have to do with eachother?
What does Roller Derby and Tiki have to do with eachother?
KamiKoonga

Posted: 2006-08-03 1:37 pm   Permalink

Hey Guys and Gals,

My roller derby league is doing a Tiki themed BOUT Aug. 19, 2006. I am looking for two things music wise. A band that fits tiki...surf, lounge, exotica, etc ...or even a punk or garage band (but they must dress up as witch doctors or something voodoo like)...Also, a DJ that spins exotica and all things tiki or tiki like...

Can anyone help us out. We are Angel City Derby Girls (ACDG) and our League needs some awesome volunteers who will work for drinks...we are trying to build the league up so we are able to tour, get a permanent practice space, and skate our asses off whenever we are not sipping a Voodoo Juice at a tiki bar!

The after party will be at the Tonga Hut. The Bout and party is Aug. 19th, 7pm.

Please contact me at
horra.fye@angelcityderbygirls.com .

Thanks,
Kamala

http://www.angelcityderby.com/

[ This Message was edited by: KamiKoonga 2006-08-03 13:38 ]

View Profile of KamiKoonga Send a personal message to KamiKoonga  Goto the website of KamiKoonga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-03 1:54 pm   Permalink

I love Roller Derby! Especially the girl teams! I used to always watch the L.A. Thunderbirds on TV back in the 70s. It's great seeing it happening again. I wish I could help but I live in Northern CA. Bay Area Derby Girls rule!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAMAKOONGA
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-11 11:35 am   Permalink

The BAD girls totally rule! Thanks. I used to live in SF...how is the Tiki Scene up there?

View Profile of KAMAKOONGA Send a personal message to KAMAKOONGA  Goto the website of KAMAKOONGA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-10 07:09 am   Permalink

I, too, fondly remember the LA T-Birds.

I hail the long-awaited return of women's rollerderby to Los Angeles.
I will see you on Sunday, Sept. 17th, plus the after party at the Tonga Hut!

http://www.angelcityderby.com/news.htm
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=71034336

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-13 10:50 am   Permalink

I plan to be there with a friend and hopefully his cousin Tunny who was a LA T Bird herself in the seventies. He has invited her to join us for the match and hopefully the Tonga party. I'm looking forward to seeing the LA Angels play and hearing some great stories. Should be a blast, see you all there.

OjaiTimo

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation