FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events A little somethin' after Hukilau
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
A little somethin' after Hukilau
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 5:28 pm   Permalink

NM, question answered! nothing to see here....

[ This Message was edited by: Paipo 2006-10-06 18:02 ]

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijaksin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-10 05:24 am   Permalink

man i wish i could go to this but later than sooner i know i will

View Profile of tikijaksin Send a personal message to tikijaksin  Email tikijaksin Goto the website of tikijaksin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-12 9:19 pm   Permalink

[/quote]
I might hold ya to that Holden....I'm kinda lookin for work right now!
Let's see...job skills for workin at Tiki Farm?
I've invested enough into Tiki Farm mugs to pay for your car,
TF Mugs are one of the few mugs I can both collect and use for drinks,
I've never broken a TF Mug,
I'm HIGHLY SKILLED AT HOLDING A DRINK IN BOTH HANDS!
I'll bring da sign!
[/quote]

But can you WOOOOOHOOOOOO?

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-15 9:22 pm   Permalink

A great big mahalo to Holden for throwing such a fabulous shindig. (The Mai Tai water cooler was truly brilliant.)

Krustiki and ookoo lady huddling for warmth in the parking lot.

Sabu and PolyPop in front of the most astounding collection of new and classic Tiki Farm mugs.

Wes and Karen hanging out in the booth.

Crazy Al and his camera shy friend. (Sorry I didn't catch his name.)

Behind the bar.

Above the bar.

Across from the bar.

Next to the bar.

The front of the bar.

I heard that they will be posting some great pictures of the bar on the Tiki Farm website soon. I hope these will tide you all over in the meantime.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-10-16 12:28 am   Permalink

Nice pictures Tiki-Kate, and nice meeting you at Mugoomba. Thanks for throwing such an awesome shindig Holden. The tiki room looks great.I can't believe the magic that bamboo Ben performs. Good stuff.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-16 08:15 am   Permalink

The bar looks great. I had a wonderful time. What a great group of people. Thanks for hosting us.

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-16 08:40 am   Permalink

WOW!
What a weekend! I thought I'd peaked at Al's show ,then this bash comes around and creates an Ultra-Fun Weekend! Mahalos Holden for having the drive,vision, and resources to host such an incredible event! Mahalos Ben for
creating a State Landmark!Pictures do not do this structure justice! Beautifully over-the top! Magic happens once your feet hit that shag carpet! Tiki Road Trip needs to be updated, as this is a sight to Beholden!It was soooo great to meet new friends from all over the world as well as reconnecting with old ones! Too many great figures of the Tiki World to mention! It was like a Hall of Fame! At one moment it felt like adrenalin overload just from the excitement and friendliness of meeting so many of you!The dancers and Lil' Rev rocked the house and filled the parking lot with love and Ohana! And the food and drinks wereyum-yum! I'll post some pix tonight! This was a night I will never forget! A Million Thanks Holden!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-16 10:12 am   Permalink

Cheers to one of the greatest hosts of all times, HOLDEN. Many thanks for letting me have the chance to invade the space you call work for a day! If that is your workplace, I must be in the wrong field! haha, Anyhow, me and my girlfriend had a wonderful time. Mugoomba is aliving art space! I couldn't believe the amount of items in the amount of space used. That bar is absolutley breathtaking. I congratulate Ben for an awesome display of workmanship! The Mai Tais & the food were excellent! Your choice for the entertainment couldn't have been better for this event. From the King drumming away(I thought that was really good) to the many dances the girls put on. To the amazing little girl who had all attention captured with her dance numbers to the 11 year old uke player. All this leading up to the tin pan uke player, it was a spectacular day! You are truly a master among men, Holden! It was great seeing you again, and I'll talk to you soon!
-Tom

I need to use spellcheck sometimes!
[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2006-10-16 10:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2006-10-16 10:25 ]

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-16 3:55 pm   Permalink

Wow, Holden great party and congratulations on Mugoomba...it is amazing! I especially love the tanks in the bar, something I had hoped to do someday here at home. And now I know I can plop a couple of my Tiki Farm glazed mugs in my tank, right? And thanks for including us at the bar in the 360 shots for the website.

Bamboo Ben- Mugoomba is beyond my expectations, a real jaw dropper man!

Tiki-Kate- nice pics. I didn't take any so I am glad you posted those. One of these times I'll get meet my TC neighbors, you and also PolyPop.

Unfortunately we had to cut out early, before the entertainment started, since we still had a few stops to makes on the long drive home...

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
biffachu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-16 7:46 pm   Permalink

Hays off to Holden on a great bar opening, very nice job on the decor.
The Mai Tai's in the water bottle was over the top. I am glad my water guy doesnt deliver those.
I'd be in real trouble...

Here's some VR's of the bar
You will need quicktime to view. Download here if you dont have:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/mac.html
They might take a lil bit to download so be patient

http://www.biffinc.com/MugoombaVR/Bar50.mov
http://www.biffinc.com/MugoombaVR/Cheers50.mov
http://www.biffinc.com/MugoombaVR/Booth50.mov

You can right click to download these and see bigger.
Shift/Alt or Shift/Control will enable you to zoom in/out

I hope to bring you more VR's from more events!

View Profile of biffachu Send a personal message to biffachu  Email biffachu Goto the website of biffachu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Man from Munkle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-17 08:22 am   Permalink

Biff that's cool !
Great job ( as usual ) Ben. But now how are you going to get any work done around there Holden ?
Cheers
Paul

View Profile of Man from Munkle Send a personal message to Man from Munkle  Email Man from Munkle Goto the website of Man from Munkle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-17 12:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-16 00:28, GROG wrote:
Nice pictures Tiki-Kate, and nice meeting you at Mugoomba. Thanks for throwing such an awesome shindig Holden. The tiki room looks great.I can't believe the magic that bamboo Ben performs. Good stuff.

Hold it! I could've met GROG by being a little more forward? But, but... No one there was mesomorphic enough, let alone horripilatious enough, to be GROG.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-17 1:19 pm   Permalink

Fantastic !!!!!

And seamless too.

Dig the Toast shot..... Hold still everybody.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-17 1:28 pm   Permalink

MAHALO PLENTY HOLDEN!!!

For the awesome party, for letting me set up a table to vend at your wonderful event!

It was the capper to an incredible Tiki filled weekend for me after logging in 1050 miles driven in 4 days!

Special thanks to ALL my Tiki Ohana who either made a purchase from me this weekend and helped soften the expensive trip down to SoCal or anyone who just said HELLO so that I can put a face with the TC names!

Can't wait to see what you come up with next Holden!

Dr.TikiMojo
TIKI HUNTER

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-17 8:27 pm   Permalink

Mahaloz to Holden! It was worth the trip from Flourdough to see that vintage bar back to life as it should be, it still performs like a champ...I'd say there'll be no more gathering of dust or cobwebs for that baby! It is in the perfect place with the perfect owner! Who else but THE Rev.BambooBen to give it a right proper home to reside in?...Mahaloz to you both!
So glad to see so many friends, and to get the chance to meet a few new ones.
Karen.

[ This Message was edited by: kikekeki 2006-10-17 20:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: kikekeki 2006-10-17 21:27 ]

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation