FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Forbidden Island: Sunday Super Sale Sept. 24th! DETAILS PG 3!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Forbidden Island: Sunday Super Sale Sept. 24th! DETAILS PG 3!
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-08-05 8:32 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

We’re proud to announce the first ever Forbidden Island Sunday Marketplace Extravaganza!

Um, maybe “Parking Lot Sale-A-Thon”!

Or “Forbidden Island Exotic Sunday Sale-a-bration!”

Or, hell, I don’t know.

But here’s what I do know: You don’t want to miss Forbidden Island on Sunday (Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!) September 24th from 3-7pm, as we close our parking lot off to bring you an exotic marketplace like no other!

We’ll feature vendors selling Tiki, Hawaiiana, Vintage Clothes, Vinyl, and much, much more. Featuring:

The Forbidden Island Lost Treasures Collection: Peer deep into the buried treasure of Forbidden Island, and take home something special for your hut! Including rare art and carvings from the islands and the TC Ohana: All the stuff we can’t use can be yours! Plus loads of bamboo to decorate your own little FI.

The Unloved Martiki Collection: Take home my crap! Please! Mugs, paper goods, lamps, carvings, and more! Hidden gems at low, low prices!

Drink Specials!

Surprises!

Rodeo Clowns!

Holy shit!

Just be there!

Forbidden Island
1304 Lincoln Ave (at Sherman)
Alameda, CA

Directions and more:
http://www.forbiddenislandalameda.com

Interested in vending? Send me a PM or an email to info@forbiddenislandalameda.com Send it ASAP! Space is limited.

[ This Message was edited by: martiki 2006-08-06 19:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: martiki 2006-09-18 18:13 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-05 8:33 pm   Permalink

you're not taking down your home bar are ya?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-08-05 8:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-05 20:33, Monkeyman wrote:
you're not taking down your home bar are ya?

hell no!

It's now "The Lab".

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 12:41 am   Permalink

Oooh! I can't miss this! I'll most definitely make the 5-minute drive to FI for the sale. . . and the drink specials!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 12:51 am   Permalink

Wow sounds great Martin. If the vibe is anything close to Sunday at Forbidden Island on Day Four of the Tiki Crawl then this is going to be a don't-miss event. I can't wait!

PS: Martin, whatever you do, DO NOT let Mr. Smiley "help set up" stuff the day before.

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore 2006-08-06 01:07 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 11:09 am   Permalink

i don't have anything to vend, but i'll be there with a wad of cash!

[ This Message was edited by: kingstiedye 2006-08-06 12:08 ]

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 12:25 pm   Permalink

Well I am hoping to get to a Wednesday get-together at Forbidden Island sometime soon, but a Sunday will be a little easier for me....Besides I could use some more ''stuff''
It will be nice to meet some of ''regulars'' also.

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-08-06 3:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-06 11:09, kingstiedye wrote:
i don't have anything to vend, but i'll be there with a wad of cash!

That's the spirit!

aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 09:43 am   Permalink

Are you gonna bring out the big love and let us buy your Munktiki Fugu bowls??.......( They come in a wide variety of pretty colors damnit!)

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 09:55 am   Permalink

argh, why didnt this happen during the crawl!!!
DRAT!
Have fun everyone!

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 11:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-07 09:43, aquaorama wrote:
Are you gonna bring out the big love and let us buy your Munktiki Fugu bowls??.......( They come in a wide variety of pretty colors damnit!)

yeah, aquaorama was telling me about these. i hope i can pick one up.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 9:27 pm   Permalink

Sounds fantabulous!!!!! I'll be there, with a booth for The Diva Pinup Exquisite Hair Flower Accessories!

I'm sure there is no chance you are selling the fugu mugs, Martiki, but if you happen to be (Birthday Girls can dream!!) I'd buy one in a quick second!

Suzanne

[ This Message was edited by: suzanne 2006-08-08 11:18 ]

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 9:54 pm   Permalink

Rodeo clowns?!?

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 11:33 pm   Permalink

Speaking of birthday girls and fugu mugs ... it's not too late to sacrifice the purple one to last week's birthday girl!

Come on Martiki, give it up!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-08 08:21 am   Permalink

Have you thought about a "Outpost Trader Booth"? Attendants can bring in their mugs / masks / tikis they might want to trade with others.

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation