FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Forbidden Island: Sunday Super Sale Sept. 24th! DETAILS PG 3!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Forbidden Island: Sunday Super Sale Sept. 24th! DETAILS PG 3!
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-08-08 11:30 am   Permalink

Myke- I prefer to keep vending and trading seperate, to be fair to the vendors. Maybe we can have a future trading event- that would be cool.

And the deposit on our Fugus just went up to $100, you lunatics.

You know,
www.munktiki.com would love to sell you a fugu. They have purple, too.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-08 1:52 pm   Permalink

You're selling the Fugu bowls? Cool, I would like the "surf" green one. Put it on my tab.

El midnite

ps I am guessing it would be poor form to, at the Super Sale, sell my "collection" of Forbidden Island menus, napkins, swizzles, hurricane glasses, 2 barstools, and the secret Forbidden Island cocktail recipe? Just checking.

pps just keeding, I'm keeping one of the barstools.

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-08 2:39 pm   Permalink

This sounds like fun and a great way to get rid of all the art, carvings, mugs, furniture and other stuff I have. I will be there and will be hard culling my collection of stuff too cut some of my clutter, help pay off some bills, lighten my load and basically get rid of some things that have little meaning to me.

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

edited for possiblly misconstrued sarcasm.

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio 2006-08-08 15:25 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-08 4:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-08 11:30, martiki wrote:
...the deposit on our Fugus just went up to $100, you lunatics.

You know, http://www.munktiki.com would love to sell you a fugu. They have purple, too.

hahahahahahaha. Watch out! Don't get too sauced and forget to get your credit card back or you might be buying a $100 purple fugu!

Glad to know they are still available on Munktiki's website. I was under the impression they weren't for some reason. I'll have to get one soon!

Suzanne

[ This Message was edited by: suzanne 2006-08-08 16:59 ]

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-09 10:23 pm   Permalink

Ruh-roh. Unloved Martiki AND Chongolio?!? I might be in trouble.

I finally broke into the Storage Unit Of Doom and emerged relatively unscathed with a nice little assortment of alohawear. So I'll be dragging it down there for the day. Probably no hyper-expensive sarongs but lots of nifty shirts and dresses 50's-70's, with a couple of nice modern items in the mix too most likely--some guy's stuff too o' course. Prices MORE than reasonable!

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-09 10:36 pm   Permalink

some guy's stuff too o' course

Swell! Now, I am bit "hippy", so put anything thusly oriented aside for me to peruse. No, not Haight and "I need a miracle" hippy, hippie hippy. Child-bearing like. Makes it tough to find flattering slacks, but I have excellent balance.

Also, I appreciate the reasonable prices as I will only have so much disposable cash to burn, i.e. fugu bowl price went up. Still, no price is too steep for my Surf Green Fugu. Mine mine mine, I'm rich I'm rich! I'm independently well off.

Woo hoo!
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 10:16 am   Permalink

Sorry, Midnite. I tried to hit Martiki up for the purple Fugu last night, and he's not even entertaining offers. You would think that the host of the event, would be willing to put 'em up in the spirit of the market, but nooooo. I was pretty much told to head out to Munktiki and get my own damn Fugu.

[ This Message was edited by: JenTiki 2006-08-10 10:17 ]

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 10:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-08 13:52, midnite_tiki wrote:

ps I am guessing it would be poor form to, at the Super Sale, sell my "collection" of Forbidden Island menus, napkins, swizzles, hurricane glasses, 2 barstools, and the secret Forbidden Island cocktail recipe? Just checking.

No wonder I end up restocking my garnish station three times more often when you're in. I've got my eye on you now.....

p.s. are you also going to keep the custom embroidered Bartender Shirts, too?

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
unklefun
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-10 3:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks Martiki, what a great idea. You should do this every Sunday. How about this weekend?

View Profile of unklefun Send a personal message to unklefun  Goto the website of unklefun     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 8:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-09 22:23, tikivixen wrote:

Ruh-roh. Unloved Martiki AND Chongolio?!? I might be in trouble.

I finally broke into the Storage Unit Of Doom and emerged relatively unscathed with a nice little assortment of alohawear. So I'll be dragging it down there for the day. Probably no hyper-expensive sarongs but lots of nifty shirts and dresses 50's-70's, with a couple of nice modern items in the mix too most likely--some guy's stuff too o' course. Prices MORE than reasonable!

TV, I'm looking for early 60's halter dresses. It would be swell to find them in your menage. Whoo hoo!

Coco

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 8:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-08 11:30, martiki wrote:
Myke- I prefer to keep vending and trading seperate, to be fair to the vendors. Maybe we can have a future trading event- that would be cool.

And the deposit on our Fugus just went up to $100, you lunatics.

You know, http://www.munktiki.com would love to sell you a fugu. They have purple, too.

I think we all know who has been the most persistant...from day one in his quest for the elusive FI Fugu mug...starting with stopping by to check on the progress of the bar pre-opening...offering assistance in construction pre-opening, working the bar opening weekend and manning the door whenever requested...back rubs from the wahine...helping our loving friend Martiki in his time of need...yes, the mighty MAI TAI.

P.S. Same applies to HL and Humu. Yes, MAI TAI, Hanford, and Humu have first dibs. Oh and Tofu Joe too...oh and hell, Jab too I suppose...

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Loco 2006-08-11 07:39 ]

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 10:20 pm   Permalink

No wonder I end up restocking my garnish station three times more often when you're in. I've got my eye on you now.....

p.s. are you also going to keep the custom embroidered Bartender Shirts, too?

Well, it is far to Alameda. Considering the distance involved I like to stock up on some provisions for the return trek. You'd be surprised what a nice salad I can whip together from the assorted mint leaves, orange slices, etc... Makes for a refreshing treat on BART, or the "O"!

The embroidered Bartender shirts went to some deep pockets in Japan. However, I do have some nice Tropical Barkcloth twist dresses that I think would probably fit you. Yeah, almost certainly.

five fingers midnite

ps I am working on obtaining an authentic "Forbidden Island" wooden sign, slight damage.

TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-24 11:49 am   Permalink

Crap, we'll be at a friend's wedding and won't be able to make it

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-26 11:43 am   Permalink

Shoot I thought it was this weekend and showed up a month early! Although, any Sunday at FI is not a wasted trip...

i will be out of town unfortunately for the actual event.

[ This Message was edited by: dangergirl299 2006-08-28 14:17 ]

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-26 6:06 pm   Permalink

Tiki Magazine will be making a rare NorCal vending appearance. I'm going to San Jose with my wife and two children to visit her sister and her friends (my wife is a Santa Clara alum). The trade off is I get to mix in a little Tiki. All good marriages are about give and take aren't they? We'll be selling Tiki Magazines, T-shirts, and the recently sold out Tiki Magazine mugs. Looking forward to seeing everyone at FI.

Nicktiki

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation