Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Creating Tiki ╗ ╗ Other Crafts ╗ ╗ Tiki Microcosms
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Tiki Microcosms
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-02 05:04 am   Permalink

sorry double post.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2009-10-02 05:14 ]

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-08 08:33 am   Permalink

Bigbrotiki- I like the little scenes, I do stuff like that myself when I'm at home. My desk was mash up of Hawaiian and Blues Brothers stuff.

Hai Kai- Love the scenes, they look great! Wish I could do something like that.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-09 4:59 pm   Permalink

Dang Kai,

just now seeing "Forbidden Paradise".

that is breath-taking, my friend!!!!!!!!!!

Malalos for posting!!!

toes

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-10 05:04 am   Permalink

I guess these would fit into this category as well. I may try a diorama at some point.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=33960&forum=18&21

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-15 08:39 am   Permalink

The scene was created by new member andyboy.

andyboy posted the picture and others in his thread
Tiki Themed Diorama

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-15 09:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-09 14:18, Zeta wrote:

Mini Tiki Zen Garden
(intervention)

I got a Mini Zen Garden thing as a gift. I am not that much into the Mini Zen Garden thing...
I got a Desktop Mini Moai set of 4 as a gift.

I put them together and KA-BOOM! Tikified! Now it got "soul" or "Aku" to be more precise!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-16 02:34 am   Permalink

Some time back Sweetpea tossed this oddball bamboo thingamajig (kinda looked like a birdhouse) my way to see if I could make it into something "useful." I turned the base into a lamp of some sorts for her (can't recall what it looks like) and had the roof of the kicking around for a while. Then my landlady tossed out a decorative birdhouse and I hatched a plan.

I took the roof off the birdhouse, added some tropical beachcomber elements like a "driftwood" fence, carved palm frond tikis (grown in Washington the State palms), a thatch porch roof, a bird getting tipsy on the porch roof, and someone having a drink inside. I put the bamboo roof on with a little light in it so it glows and you can see the interior if you peek through the door hole.

This was one of those projects I thought I'd knock out in a couple hours. I'm still laughing at that thought.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-16 10:37 am   Permalink

Cool!

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-16 11:25 am   Permalink

I posted this in my pile of pupu a while back, does it count as a microcosm? Mermaid, sea turtle, & Moai mad of polymer clay, poured acrylic water, brandy bottle and a solar powered light.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-16 11:34 am   Permalink

Dan loves doing these. He has eight. Here are some examples. Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-09-16 11:51 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-16 11:46 am   Permalink

One of my favorite threads! Mahalo nui loa for sharing!

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-27 4:16 pm   Permalink

The dioramas rock.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation