FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Anyone know when these were made?
Anyone know when these were made?
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 10:17 pm   Permalink

Hello all,
I just got these at a yard sale and not sure when they were made, etc. Anyone know about either of them?

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 12:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-06 22:17, Ojaitimo wrote:

Hello all,
I just got these at a yard sale and not sure when they were made, etc. Anyone know about either of them?

Ojaitimo,
With all due respect.........What the hell is this?
This is a Tiki website.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 09:06 am   Permalink

Well the lamp seems Tiki to me, maybe I'm wrong but after WW2 they used lamps like that in polynesian decor. The other object is not Tiki I realize that and I'm sorry. I didn't have a seperate shot of the lamp.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 10:09 am   Permalink

...i would return them.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chub
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 11:12 am   Permalink

Is that picture showing the back of the lamp? Maybe it'd be better if you put a light bulb in it and took a picture of it turned around? But then again, maybe not...

View Profile of Chub Send a personal message to Chub  Goto the website of Chub     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 12:00 pm   Permalink

Looks like a chick on a sphinx.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 12:53 pm   Permalink

I've never seen either one.
The one piece looks like some weird Egypt exotica sculpture. I never found the Sphinx to be very sexy, with or without a nude girl laying on the back of one, but that's just me..........
and the other piece might be cool if it was surrounded by Tiki's, used in the right context.
Yeah, I would try to return them too.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikinomad 2006-08-07 12:55 ]

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 3:55 pm   Permalink

Good news, I traded the "Chick on a sphinx" for this real or not fish. Not sure.

Decided to keep the lamp in spite of all your good advice but hey, that's me.

Good hunting

Ojaitimo

Blue Thunder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 4:36 pm   Permalink

The lamp looks like a 50's TV Lamp ....lots of resources on the web. They were used on top a TV's to help eye strain. There are TONS of different types out there.

View Profile of Blue Thunder Send a personal message to Blue Thunder  Email Blue Thunder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation