FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New tiki finished---->>>#12 carved and burnt....{Advice on stone carving?} pg.3
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New tiki finished---->>>#12 carved and burnt....{Advice on stone carving?} pg.3
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 12:23 pm   Permalink

good day, yesterday i spent a little bit of time into making these two little tikis. hope you like them

that one i drilled a hole through the head to make a necklace. im giving it to somebody today for their birth day.

that one i like best out of the little ones.

and here is me and my tikis

such a happy family.

thanks for looking comments are always appreciated.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Duddy 2006-09-26 14:33 ]

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 4:39 pm   Permalink

Duddy, you're making progress, not bad at All for only 7 and 8. The more you do the better you will get.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 7:22 pm   Permalink

hey thanks ben. i feel like i have gotten better sinse tiki number one. now i know what to do at least a little bit.
thanks for the kind words

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-11 11:15 am   Permalink

hey this is tiki number nine that i made the other day. i used the wood burner again like i do on my other small ones. brings them out great.
here it is hope you like him.

and thats it. more to come yet just still working on them.

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-22 02:07 am   Permalink

Good job TD! Woodburning adds a lot to your work. They look better with more contrast like that. I have a question: What made you, at such a young age, decide to carve tikis?
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-22 04:28 am   Permalink

Yes it Does. I'm glad to see more pyro projects going on. Duddy, that last one really looks great and is your best so far.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-23 06:49 am   Permalink

hey thanks alot it really means something to have great carvers like yourselves comment on my stuff here.
buzzy- i really love your work and like how you take us on an adventure through the story as you go from beginning to where you are now. and about your question....i had some chisles around one day and ive always liked carvings and art but all i could do was drawing well so one day i just picked up a random piece of wood and started carving. a few days after i found this site and it just got me right into it. then i made my decision that i want to do this from now on.
benzart- thanks alot i also admire you so much. i still think you are some kind of tiki god in desgise. yes the woodburner helps alot with the look of the tikis.

thanks you guys i got another tiki but i just got to take a picture of it today. it will be on here in a little bit.

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-23 09:25 am   Permalink

ok here is another one i finished up about a week ago. tryed to do something a little more....real i guess i could say but this is what i got. im pretty happy with it and hope you enjoy....

and thats it for now. i got another one but i gave it to my sister before i could get a picture and now she wont give it back for a day so i can go take a picture so....ill get one eventually.

Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-23 10:23 am   Permalink

Sweet stuff, TD. I wish I would've started when I was in HS--you can only get better with age/experience. I'd be an ancient master by now!!! Like you will be by the time you're my age (somewhere between 25 and 50)

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-23 11:31 am   Permalink

haha thanks there. well thats the plan is to get better with time. i think ive improved sinse tiki #1 and i hope i get alot better though the years.

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-23 11:44 am   Permalink

Duddy!
Less than a dozen under your belt and you're on your way to a lifetime of carving tikis-each one sicker than the next! Keep up the great work and sharing these killer creations with us all! We truly envy you with all that energy and youth!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-23 12:22 pm   Permalink

I love the character of this one with the bent nose and Twisted,Smirky smile. Cool one TD

Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-23 1:46 pm   Permalink

These are great Tiki Duddy! I think you were definitely meant to do this. Sometimes don't you wonder what you did before discovering carving? You can really see the progress in your work. I like how much the burning really brought out the features of that little guy. Looking forward to seeing your next project!

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-23 4:49 pm   Permalink

hey thanks all. means alot
little lost tiki- hey thanks. yes im supprised how many i have got done so far. and im not too sure about the envy part haha because i see AMAZING work here on TC.
ben- yes i like this guy's face too. i wasnt sure what to do with his mouth but it just came together at the end better than i thought it was going to. the reason his nose is like that is because there was a more elevated strip running down the wood and i thought "hmmm, that would make for a unique piece in the face" so i made it his nose and im quite happy i did.
zaya- hey i actually think that i was meant to carve haha. well i do it alot better than i thought i could ever. i know i would not be as happy now if i had not ever picked up that first piece of wood and started to carve. i would be wasting my time on something useless or on nothing at all. so therefore i think i made a good decision here. and ive kept with it and still feel strongly about carving so im pretty sure im gonna be doing this for a long time and that its not just a "phase"

well thank you for looking and thank you for the compliments i really appreciate all of you.
i also have another tiki done but i cant get a picture of it at the moment.

Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-23 5:06 pm   Permalink

Nice work Duddy - make sure you get pics of your tikis before you give them away! How old are you anyway (if you don't mind me asking)? I didn't start carving until my mid-20s, and then only made a piece or two a year. I only got into it seriously when I turned 30 (I had sort of a mid-life crisis 20 years early) and it took almost another 5 years after that to go full-time.
I guess what I'm saying is that if you're as young as you look you've got a great head start on a lot of people, and have a long and promising future of carving ahead of you.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation