FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New tiki finished---->>>#12 carved and burnt....{Advice on stone carving?} pg.3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New tiki finished---->>>#12 carved and burnt....{Advice on stone carving?} pg.3
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-23 5:13 pm   Permalink

hey paipo thanks alot.
yes i know i need to get pics before i give them away. its just my sister has been rather.......demanding? yes i think thats the word. and she wanted it a certain way and all so i was pretty excited when i could finally give it to her. and now....well she wont let me take it for a day to get a pic of it. but she will take one herself so it will be on here soon.

oh i dont mind you asking my age. im fifteen years old and in grade 10. yes im glad i started this early so that i know when im older ill be atleast a little bit better.

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-23 5:17 pm   Permalink

Hey duddy,

I love what you are doing here, and yes, starting young is a great way to improve. Just keep looking at your older work and learn/try something new with each piece. You are already putting a great amount of character into each of your pieces (that last one looks like Benz!). I would bet that in a few months you will be light-years ahead of where you are now. Keep going, thinking, and concentrating on slow steady progressions. I love it! I've been carving for over 25 years, and I learn something new every day

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-23 5:18 pm   Permalink

Wow, you're exactly the same age I was when I taught myself to draw by copying from comic books, but as I mentioned I didn't even try to carve anything for almost 10 years after that. You know you're already doing good work when someone won't even let you have a piece back long enough to take a pic!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-23 6:09 pm   Permalink

hey gman thank you alot. im hoping that ill be better than i am now in a few months. well i think sinse my first one ive gotten better....with great help from the skilled carvers here on TC. you all have helped me alot.
paipo thats awsome that you started drawing at my age. i also like drawing. on of these days ill post some if they come in clearly. but thank you aswell.

all comments appreciated always

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-23 6:20 pm   Permalink

Nice work Duddy. It will be fun when you get to a point where people will just say, "Hey, great tiki Duddy!" instead of , "You're how old?"

Keep carving away and try not to stop for too long. I do that sometimes and I definately loose something when I come back. I've been doing this for two years now, and I'm only on #15.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-24 09:51 am   Permalink

hey fink thanks. means alot.
well that would be pretty cool if people started recognizing me someday as "hey he carves those tiki things" and yes i never plan on taking a break for too long. well your on #15 but im sure all of them were big amazing tikis. im still just working on getting them a little bit bigger.

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-25 5:48 pm   Permalink

hey i finished this tiki last night. its about 3 or 4 feet high. its a little deformed because of the stump growing out of the side of his head but i like it because it looks a little bit more natural.
hope you like...

and there is my cat beside it being well.......a cat.

also decided to show a picture of my tools right aways.

and that is my carving area. yep my front step haha.

well there he is. later tonight i should have the one i gave to my sister on here.

Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 10:14 am   Permalink

I really like how your work is progressing! Keep it up!

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 11:19 am   Permalink

Looks great. Don't be afraid to go deep with your cuts. As you progress, you'll find that the depth and form of your cuts will define the tiki. Your carving area is the same as alot of people on this board. Keep those chips flying.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 7:33 pm   Permalink

Go deeper my son. Pull the Tiki from the wood (or whatever media you posess ie; plaster, concrete, foam, clay)

That's a fine first biggun sir! Keep at it.

Oh and your carving area... is a Cadillac compared to mine. I got a Yugo carving space.

Mahalo

Mc

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-29 8:47 pm   Permalink

hey thanks again.
yes i was thinking i should go a little bit deeper but i really had no idea what to do with the big tikis. i wasnt sure if i should use the chainsaw to outline the facial parts or what. so i pretty much did it all with chisle. and from the pictures i took it shows that i went less deep than i really did. but i still need to go deeper.

thank you

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-30 07:36 am   Permalink

TD, It looks like your "Big" tiki is coming along nicely. We Really need to get you a new camera, that phone camera just does not do it. A Bigger camera will make your tikis look SO Much better because I think we are missing ALL the detail??
Still though, he's looking good.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-01 08:54 am   Permalink

hey ben thanks man. yes the camera phone just dosent do it at all. but its all i got at the moment and im thankful for that.

thanks again for all the kind words.

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-04 09:24 am   Permalink

ok here is number 12 all i need to do is stain him and varnish him. i gave it to my mom and she collects blue china and stuff so she wants me to stain him blue. so ill post some more when i get around to that.

here he is....

and thats it for now. hope the pictures turn out ok on here.
enjoy

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-04 10:14 am   Permalink

Looks like the Best one yet. Tel Mom to hang on to this one as it may be worth big bucks some day when you are Famous!
Nice one

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation