FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tik Crawl: 3/8/2003
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tik Crawl: 3/8/2003
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2002-12-21 5:13 pm   Permalink

Okay, Mig and I have been discussing it, but I figured I'd just announce it here. (Mig correct me if I'm wrong).

The 3rd Annual Tiki Central San Francisco Tiki Crawl is the weekend of the 8th!

Whoooohoooo!

While the details are not yet it place, it is bound to feature visits at:

The Tonga Room
The Bamboo Hut
Trad'r Sam's

OUT OF TOWNERS:
For the past crawls, on the days leading up to the 8th we've had events at local venues like the ones listed below. We've can't promise any of these events this year but I just want to give people a head's up:

Tiki Crawls 1 and 2 also included:
Live Exotica Music
A dinner at Trader Vic's
A get-together at the world's largest smiley face collection and tiki bar (owned by a Tiki Central member whose name I will not mention)

So plan accordingly! More info due here soon!

Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-21 5:49 pm   Permalink

I'm there!

I haven't been to the previous 2 San Fran tiki crawls so I'm not going to miss this one.

I smell road trip....anyone wanna join me?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LapuRocker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-12-24 11:48 am   Permalink

March 8th, I was looking for something to do on my Birthday........Road Trip sounds Oh so Sweet.

View Profile of LapuRocker Send a personal message to LapuRocker  Email LapuRocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-12-31 12:38 am   Permalink

Outstanding Hanford. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Let's just say that my own Foggy Grotto will be proudly offered as one of the "weekend support venues". Plus it's real close to Trad'r Sams.

This time: To those interested- we should definitely pursue a limo bus. Bar crawls are the perfect event for these things. Imagine having your own chariot decorated tiki style, with a blender and fridge on board, a stereo playing Denny, and a big screen TV showing "The Air Conditioned Eden"

Sounds good, doesn't it?

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-02 2:50 pm   Permalink

I'm a hopeless slacker when it comes to keeping up with TC, but I plan to make the Crawl! I'm happy to offer crash space to out of town guests as well. We're a trek from SF, but we have trasport, and Martiki can assure you we're not serial killers. Most likely.

Heather

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-02 3:31 pm   Permalink

Kiliki and I were talking yesterday about coming out to the left coast for this. We think we can get cheap enough air fare, if we can get a free place to sleep/pass out. We hope we can make it and meet you all and see the sites.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-02 3:46 pm   Permalink

Speaking of sleeping quarters, is there anyplace that out-of-town TC'ers are gathering? So far I'm road-tripping it with Hula Hula.

Poly-Pop *

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-02 5:27 pm   Permalink

How about Hawaii West? Just kidding. On our trip to San Francisco in late December we
got to visit several places suggested by you bay area TCers. (I was kind of partial to The Owl Tree.) Hawaii West, which was not recommended, but was listed in the Tiki Bar Review Pages, was interesting. Had a slight vomit odor going. Really a small dive with a nice tiki or two and friendly enough help.
I liked the back lit blue sky thing on the ceiling near the bar.
Love that Tonga Room. Have a great crawl.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-12 12:48 pm   Permalink

Oh man, my plane leaves for Alaska on March 6th! I will be back one year later though!! I will be counting the days....

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-13 09:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-12-21 17:13, hanford_lemoore wrote:

OUT OF TOWNERS:
For the past crawls, on the days leading up to the 8th we've had events at local venues like the ones listed below. We've can't promise any of these events this year but I just want to give people a head's up:

Tiki Crawls 1 and 2 also included:
Live Exotica Music
A dinner at Trader Vic's
A get-together at the world's largest smiley face collection and tiki bar (owned by a Tiki Central member whose name I will not mention)

Has anything been put together yet in terms of pre-crawl events? I'm putting the details of my trip to SF together and want to start looking at dates for an itinerary. Any chance the smiley face collection and tiki bar will be open on the Friday before?

Poly-Pop *

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-01-13 4:32 pm   Permalink

PP-

I was plannig on hosting a pre-crawl event at my place, The Foggy Grotto. I'd like to do Friday Night, but don't want to conflict if Smiley is opening his place. Plus- when are we going to squeeze in Vic's?

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-01-13 5:32 pm   Permalink

Has anything been put together yet in terms of pre-crawl events? I'm putting the details of my trip to SF together and want to start looking at dates for an itinerary. Any chance the smiley face collection and tiki bar will be open on the Friday before?

The Infamous UGH House is available Friday night or?? I think the Foggy Grotto should be done too, so Martin and I will have to do some talking. One possibility is like last year- Friday night Trader Vic dinner(or just cocktails)and then to the Ugh House tiki bar and Smiley Extravaganza. Maybe Thursday night (or Saturday afternoon 5pm?) Foggy Grotto?? Any suggestions, folks. Hangover Sunday at the Foggy Grotto? <mrsmileyus@yahoo.com>
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-01-13 6:12 pm   Permalink

OK, this is almost "beyond tiki", or at least "beyond crawl", but maybe worth mentioning. The Game Developer Con will be in San Jose the same week as the crawl, and my company is having a booth 3/6 - 3/8.

In our idle conversations about the booth, the idea of a tiki booth surprisingly gained some favor. It has nothing to do with the tool we're there to show, but at least (as some of you know) I could contribute some props for that theme. Not the Lanai guy of course - too big and too historical. Anyway, just another possible, very minor tiki attraction in the bay area that same weekend.

Also, further OT, I might post this again elsewhere later, but I think I'll be in Orlando 3/10 - 3/12, and it might be fun to meet up with some Floridians at DW or something!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-01-13 6:19 pm   Permalink

Oops, I forgot to mention - since it has come up once or twice, any interested visitors will be welcome to stop by my house if that should fit in that weekend any times other than the main events. It'll be a little too hectic for serious hosting, but if anyone will be in town and wants to see the Lanai guy and other stuff, feel free to contact me. I'm about 20-30 min south of SF.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-13 7:21 pm   Permalink

Let me know once its all lined up. I'm driving up with Hula Hula and we want to hit as much as we can in our short stay in SF. Ideally, I'd like to see Martin's Foggy Grotto, the Smiley Museum & Tiki Bar and of course a visit to the Lanai Guy. I'd need to know the details sooner than later so I can request the vacation time at work.

How's this for a loose pre-crawl schedule?

Friday 3/7 - Martin's Foggy Grotto
Saturday 3/8 - Tiki Central Crawl
Sunday 3/9 - Hangover at Smiley Museum

Randy, maybe I can fit in a visit to Mr Lanai on Friday or Saturday afternoon? I wanna take pics with the big-guy while the sun is out!

We're unfortunately, going to be leaving on Sunday (because of this stupid thing called work) so hopefully we can squeeze it all in somehow. Sorry if this sounds imposing - I've heard so much about all your tikified homes and I feel like this is the only opportunity to get to check them all out!

* * * The Polynesian Popster * * *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-01-13 19:22 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation