FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Bacardi Is to Bring Havana Club Rum Back to the U.S.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Bacardi Is to Bring Havana Club Rum Back to the U.S.
AceExplorer
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2017-01-05 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-01-05 08:35, tikiskip wrote:
I kinda got a feeling the Santiago de Cuba rum may be most popular because it was cheap.
That would also make it the well rum maybe.

To be very clear, the Santiago rum garnered the highest praise from the head bartender at Polinesio and two other locals who were spirits-knowledgeable. I agree, Santiago rum could be what the locals have a palate for, and Havana Club is definitely premium-priced in their home market. But since I had already been collecting Havana Club over the years, and am quite adequately stocked, I found it prudent to bring back mostly the lesser-known Santiago rum on this trip. The silver Santiago is very nice in my daiquiris, but I haven't completed more formal taste comparisons yet.

I'm going to be on Grand Bahamas Island this weekend. I'll be looking for rum and local falernum insights, so I'll see what information I come back with. This time I'm bringing a bigger suitcase, lol...

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-05 2:33 pm   Permalink

My recommendations:

Wish we had brought back more of both of them!!

The Ron Cubay is 10 year & very nice. This would be a regular stock item in our bar if we could get more of it.
Ron Caney is no longer made from what I understand. We found it in a small gift shop in the basement of one of the old hotels that I expect not a lot of people run across, so they still had old stock.

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation