FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Basement Kahuna...Separate Jewelry Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Basement Kahuna...Separate Jewelry Thread
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-30 07:11 am   Permalink

YES, if you have More carvings Not shown, you MUST Update it and Keep us up to date. How else can we see how much better you are carving???

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-22 08:08 am   Permalink

Aloha...I'll be taking orders again soon for jewelry (for completion after Hukilau). Just a line to let everyone know!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-17 11:02 am   Permalink

Aloha Dave! This was a great idea, reposting and consolidating all your wonderful pieces.... As you already know, I love your style. I was looking over the poles, while visiting my yard yesterday

Thanks for doing this.

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-17 11:28 am   Permalink

amazing craftsmanship bk! that manaia just blows my mind. i hope my hei tiki is coming up in the queue soon.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-17 1:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks, guys...Bullet-got you covered!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-03 08:01 am   Permalink

That's a great body of work you've got, BK. Ever thought of putting out a book?

Nice, nice, niiiiiiiice!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 3:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Dav, but Lord, no! I think I'd have to have a few more accomplishments before I ever thought about a book..I think Sam Maloof had a right to write a book about himself, but not me! Leroy Schmaltz, Barney West, Milan Guanko, Benzart, Ed Crissman....now that would make a good book! Eli Hedley-that book's been done, and that's a great book

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 12:30 am   Permalink

Updated!

Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-18 9:15 pm   Permalink

Fantastic work, Basement K! These two in particular stand out for me.

Very unusual. What's their story?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 9:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Dav...The top piece is a type of Maori gaurdian spirit called a Marakihau. The second piece is the Solomon Islands god of the ocean, Ngorieru. The way the original petroglyphs of that piece are drawn I had to interpret the flow of it a great deal. That piece is being cast as a pendant for South Sea Arts. Aloha! BK

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-19 04:57 am   Permalink

The second is being cast, I think that first one should too.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 3:21 pm   Permalink

wow.

what can I say? Absolutely amazing BK. Jeez, its really nice to see what youve been up to!

Just pono! Hey! And I still would love the fid brah! Ill shoot you over my new address soon!

Aloha bruddah!

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 8:37 pm   Permalink

Fid is yours, Vincent! I saw it yesterday and told my girlfriend "I've gotta get that thing to Cab, man". Just shoot me your new addy and I PROMISE it will be in the mail to you. Aloha.

Robin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 10:05 am   Permalink

I'm blown away by this work. Truly amazing!

View Profile of Robin Send a personal message to Robin  Email Robin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 4:47 pm   Permalink

Mahalo, Robin. I have really enjoyed the bone carving.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation