FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Archeology Tahitian Terrace Disneyland- Image Heavy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tiki Archeology Tahitian Terrace Disneyland- Image Heavy
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-29 07:55 am   Permalink

Wow, GREAT video.
Nice archeology too.

Big Tiki Dude...hang your head in shame for living that close and never seeing that.

From the menu, I'll have the La'Ko Lau and the hula dancer in the RED grass skirt in the video please, .

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2007-09-29 08:17 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-29 08:26 am   Permalink

Found this stuff on Google

http://www.yesterland.com/tahitianterrace.html

http://www.yesterland.com/tahitianmenu.html

http://matterhorn1959.blogspot.com/2006/01/tahitian-terrace-restaurant-before.html - This is from or own Matterhorn, I believe

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-29 08:28 am   Permalink

Yes, the DVD is fantastic. I love all the info regarding vintage DL. It is a must have DVD for the Vintage Disneyland enthusiast! No longer produced,but you can probably find a copy or three on ebay. It came under the tin box collection called Walt Disney's Treasures -"Disneyland U.S.A.". Also coming December 7th will be a new release to this series...Walt Disney Treasures - "Disneyland Secrets, Stories & Magic" available through amazon on pre order! Get it while you can!

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-29 08:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-29 08:28, Tom Slick wrote:
Yes, the DVD is fantastic. I love all the info regarding vintage DL. It is a must have DVD for the Vintage Disneyland enthusiast! No longer produced,but you can probably find a copy or three on ebay. It came under the tin box collection called Walt Disney's Treasures -"Disneyland U.S.A.". Also coming December 7th will be a new release to this series...Walt Disney Treasures - "Disneyland Secrets, Stories & Magic" available through amazon on pre order! Get it while you can!

RIGHT... the DVD...I WORKED ON THAT. I was working as an assistant video editor at the company that produced those Tin Box DVD's. I'll have to look at them again.

I have a credit on there and everything...Jim Bacchi - I may be credited as "vault librarian" or "Assistant Editor" . I think I MAY even have edited a segment on one of them.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2007-09-29 08:41 ]

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-27 3:47 pm   Permalink

Noticed these old photos from the Tahitian Terrace on ebay not to long ago and grabbed the images. Looks like a classic 1960's family experience and dad with his skinny black tie!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-27 4:01 pm   Permalink

I saw those auctions as well. It's a shame that someone in that family hasn't retained their photos. (BTW - I love how the kid in the blue shirt is wearing his wrist-watch halfway up his forearm.)

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-01 08:40 am   Permalink

Ha! That kid looks bored as hell! I'm betting it's that "I'm too old for this kid's stuff" thing we go through right about at that age (at least I did when I went to D-land).
Though obviously not old enough to get a little closer to the wahine in that second pic...

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 3:51 pm   Permalink

Here are a few more images from the Tahitian Terrace.

A black and white photo.

I just got this postcard showing the building and the outdoor dining area.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ALTIKI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-28 11:12 pm   Permalink

Great Post!!! I'm living in Shanghai, China right now an was told they have one in Kong Kong Disney? I don't know if it's true, I'll look into it....
Mahalo, Tiki Al

View Profile of ALTIKI Send a personal message to ALTIKI  Email ALTIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 4:17 pm   Permalink

I am thrilled beyond belief at this thread. That's all I have to say right now. Just know that I am.

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 4:33 pm   Permalink

They need to re-open this attraction/restaraunt. All the stuff is still there apparently.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-08 4:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-01 08:40, twitch wrote:
Ha! That kid looks bored as hell! I'm betting it's that "I'm too old for this kid's stuff" thing we go through right about at that age (at least I did when I went to D-land).
Though obviously not old enough to get a little closer to the wahine in that second pic...

He looks right at home holding that drink glass.....Put a Mai Tain in there, add 30 years to that photo and it could be someone here on TC !

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-07 5:17 pm   Permalink

Saw another old photo from the Tahitian Terrace on ebay featuring the greeter Lei Girl at the entrance.

This photo is from the Disneyland souvenir program that PTD gave me on the last mug swap. Look at all of those menus on the table! A gold mine I tell ya.

DC

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-21 09:10 am   Permalink

Old photo of the band at the Tahitian Terrace from ebay.

DC

Tiki Al
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-06-01 01:44 am   Permalink

Well My Tiki Brothers & Sisters.... Finally made it down to
Hong Kong Disneyland and found it...!!!!!

I could not Believe I was there...!!!!! Yet a little sad that I was there alone... Still very Cooool....

Their food is Chinese not Hawaiian but then isn't that what most Tiki place had...???

I think this could work in California were the Aladdin Theater is now... You don't need a Tiki Show, just some good food and nice ambiance.... Like the Blue Bayou.... Heck you can't even get in there without a hour or two wait....

Once I'd finish eating I started looking around for the Tiki Room... Guess what.... They don't have one...!!!!

They have a Gift Shop with some of the Decor.

But the only things for sale are the same they have on Main St....Nothing Tiki.....Not even a T-shirt or a Mug....Zero.... Very Sad....The good thing was I did't spend any money on Cooool Stuff, they didn't have any... Oh well... Still glad I got to see it.... For now it's the Only One....!!!

All in all we are Sooooo lucky to have Disneyland....!!!!Can't wait to get Home so I can go there...
Mahalo...Tiki Al
P.S. The park is Soooo Tiny......

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Al 2011-06-01 02:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Al 2011-06-01 02:08 ]

View Profile of Tiki Al Send a personal message to Tiki Al      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation