FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » makutiki, 2nd log...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
makutiki, 2nd log...
tikidreams
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-17 12:55 pm   Permalink

Gillade sprickorna också!
Vart är det du jobbar, i veboa?

View Profile of tikidreams Send a personal message to tikidreams      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-17 3:16 pm   Permalink

ive just got to say that your work is amazing. im going to try for one of those kinda guys next.

great job

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
makutiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-18 04:42 am   Permalink

Hi.

Some progress on my 2.nd log.

Here is me yesterday, in the garage.
Keeping this one as simple as possible, to cut down on carving time.

T.D: carvar ute el inne, beror på väder o vind å storleken på tikin förståss
Tiki Duddy: Go Go Go !!!

View Profile of makutiki Send a personal message to makutiki  Goto the website of makutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 05:47 am   Permalink

nice start Makutiki...boy i really like big tikis! and all of your creations are
right on target...classic style. sugar coated comments "over and out."

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 12:13 pm   Permalink

lookin good there man. keep it commin along with pictures.
im looking forward to seeing it done. gonna be good for sure

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 7:58 pm   Permalink

hey man i was going to try to draw it out and carve one similar to your small guy but right from the beginning it took a wrong turn. i think it was the wood that i was using because it was just not working. that or its me and im not too sure how to fix that.

makutiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-06 06:55 am   Permalink

congatiki:Tanx! I like big tikis too! It´s the nice slow process I like the most. And that you get to use your whole body, almost like a gym-workout

TikiDuddy:Dont give up yet, try it with smaller tools and better wood! To make the small tiki, I only used "small" tools, so the picture lies a bit with them big tools in front.
Also be careful when drawing the outlines, its not easy to fix later. If that dosnt work, get som better tools, it worked for me.

Some progress on my 2nd.

View Profile of makutiki Send a personal message to makutiki  Goto the website of makutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 07:31 am   Permalink

Wow! (wipes drool from chin) this is your 2nd? You have carved pelicans or bears or something besides Tiki before this, yes? Awesome work.

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 07:55 am   Permalink

More Excellent Stuff!. How did you learn to carve tikis so Well and so Fast. These are Dynamite traditional pieces.
ExCeLLenT

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 03:32 am   Permalink

Wow! Another amazing artist Im going to have to watch! You have an incredible grasp of 3-D form, Im so jealous! Kia ora from New Zealand! Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 3:14 pm   Permalink

2nd carve huh. Really nice! What's his back look like?

thanks

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 3:18 pm   Permalink

lookin' really good! keep us updated on your progress.

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 8:45 pm   Permalink

SWEDEN!!!!! Schol! MAN, the Swedes have got it nailed in the tradition of old timey Americana as far as old Rock n Roll, art, hot rodding, and tiki... completely kicking some good old fashioned USA ass. LOOKIN' GOOD!

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 11:36 pm   Permalink

I don't know whether your tools are right or not ..all I can say is....Amazing work !!! love them tikis

...Castaway on the Isle of Life...

View Profile of IsleConch Send a personal message to IsleConch  Email IsleConch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
makutiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-09 11:56 am   Permalink

Tack så mycket! Tanks everyone for your comments, you people are the best!!

Mctiki: perhaps I was carving pelicans in an earlier life ore something, but not in this one, sofar....
Also tanx for your answer on the "tikifind thread" about my mask.
If anyone else have any clues on this mask, here is the thread:http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=1099&forum=5&start=2280&2294
Tanx!

Here are todays progress.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation