FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Affordable, Intimate Wedding in Hawaii Suggestions
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Affordable, Intimate Wedding in Hawaii Suggestions
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-21 9:52 pm   Permalink

Congrats! I can't speak for the wedding part, but the best Luau is on Maui. The Old Lahaina Luau, it's wonderful, authentic and food and drinks are great. You even get a really beautiful real flower lei and they have traditional seating if you wish. Look them up online. You do need to book ahead. It's been a few years for us but I'm sure they are still there.

I've never stayed in the Yurts in Hawaii but Yurts are really fun, kind of large round tents with lodge style amenities, most have kitchens and bathrooms in them and they are quite affordable. I'm sure you can do a search on those as well.

Hope you post pictures and let us know how it all went

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dtconline

Posted: 2009-12-23 04:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-17 22:43, christiki295 wrote:
Oahu may be the most cost-effective to fly into and to stay, but it is also VERY developed.
You will be staying in a skyscraper hotel, particularly now that the Hawaiian Hotel is gone.
You may be reminded of Las Vegas. However, you will not have to pay for a rentacar, like you would on Maui or Kauai or the Big Island.

I recommend marrying at Sunset (although in Waikiki the sun does not set over the ocean.)
Immediately thereafter, head over to Tiki's Bar & Grill for a nice dinner overlooking the Pacific framed by Tiki torches!

AAvacations or Pleasantholidays I've found to be the best travel sites and have booked through both.

I am very much agreed with you, Maui and hawaii are two of the best location of USA. thanks a lot for creating this thread.

View Profile of dtconline Send a personal message to dtconline      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 6:11 pm   Permalink

On Kauai, weddings begin at $325 at the Fern Grotto, a traditional wedding place.
The $375 includes a minister and leis, and a river cruise.
http://www.smithskauai.com/weddings.html

$95 for a ministe to marry you on the beach on Oahu by Diamond Head:
http://www.lovehawaii.com

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-23 09:15 am   Permalink

On Maui:

http://www.themauimarryingman.com/?gclid=CPf_sLrpoZ8CFQcQagod4W_lhQ

or

www.mauihawaiiwedding.net

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation