FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Seattle: Jet City Junket ~ You Tube Video Posted pg.8
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Seattle: Jet City Junket ~ You Tube Video Posted pg.8
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-05 12:05 pm   Permalink

Pasties abound! Leis can be creatively draped.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-05 1:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-05 09:24, tiki-riviera wrote:
The word on the street is the bus is "clothing optional",
although a fez is mandatory. Can't wait to see those pictures!

Okay, you got me with this ONCE at the Christmas midnight mass, Mr. Riviera, but I'm not going to fall for it again!

In the ringing words of our nation's great leader, "Fool me once, shame on -- shame on you. Fool me ...... you can't get fooled again!"

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-05 2:11 pm   Permalink

Mr. Monkeyskull,

I would not joke about something as serious as riding the shortbus sans
clothing. Just remember to bring an extra fez to cover the little tiki
when you walk down the aisle.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-05 4:49 pm   Permalink

fez for the lil tiki guy...
http://www.mcphee.com/items/10776.html
heh heh

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 01:08 am   Permalink

Nudity, prizes and a tour of some of Jet City's finest home Tiki bars, I say it's 15 bucks well spent (or should I say $16.66 Canadian at the current exchange rate).

Oh yes, FYI, where there are Canadians, a certain type of rum might be found.

Edited to update the current exchange rate.

[ This Message was edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2006-09-08 01:45 ]

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 1:39 pm   Permalink

Ha ha :::: snort::::

Ok, I have a baby shower that day but I'm trying to see if I can rework my schedule so as not to miss the Magic Bus ride and extravaganza! Sounds like we need tunes on the bus...will there be any? This is a make it or break it thing for me and hopefully someone will have some of The Who readily available because we'll need "Magic Bus" and "We Won't Get Fooled Again". I hope if Woofmutt is the driver he doesn't make us sit facing front, hands folded neatly on our laps while only allowing whispering to the person next to you.

Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus
I want it, I want it, I want it...(You can't have it!)
Think how much you'll save...(You can't have it!)
I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it ... (You can't have it!)

I only have a ukelele, but it ought to do:

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

Now that I'm at Archie McPhee's (cyberly), perhaps I should look at my Fez options...and I do already have a nice bottle of lavendar scented Baby Oil, but we'll see.

[ This Message was edited by: exoticat 2006-09-09 12:10 ]

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 5:56 pm   Permalink

Friendly Tip of the Day:

When riding a school bus nude, the backside has a tendency to stick

to the vinyl seats and cause unwanted chaffing. A nice soft terry cloth towel

placed on the seat should alleviate any ass sweat/chaffing problems. This tip

was graciously given to me by Puamana. Thanks!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 6:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-05 14:11, tiki-riviera wrote:
Mr. Monkeyskull,

I would not joke about something as serious as riding the shortbus sans
clothing. Just remember to bring an extra fez to cover the little tiki
when you walk down the aisle.

Well okay then. It just seemed that you might be joking for a bit there -- I just wanted to make CERTAIN it was a nudist (except for fezzes) bus so that I don't look foolish. I'm not sure what you mean by little tiki, but I'll bring an extra fez to carry the No-Doz pills I'll need to stay awake if you're actually playing music by The Who.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 7:01 pm   Permalink

I imagine it like this:

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-11 12:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-24 22:00, dogbytes wrote:
Payments need to be received by September 10th. On or before the 10th I will send out an e-mail with the critical information that you will need. This itinerary will give all of the times for pick up and more detailed info on the tour.

Emails have gone out to those who've paid! there's still room aboard Busotica ~ contact me if you're tardy but still want to come along!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-11 12:46 am   Permalink

Straight from the Deep Jungles of Vermont ... Mojo's Fantabulous Pendants

He sent 3 Tangs, 1 Skull, 5 Tiki Bobs, 3 Coconut Monkeys, 2 Lil' Brunos, 2 Brunos, 4 Moes & 5 Lil' Moes ~ (i cant tell the Brunos from the Moes)..

The Tiki Bobs go for $12, the rest are $8 ~ they come on a beaded twine necklace..and are quite lovely!

i'll be vending these necklaces from the inside of my raincoat.. see me for details!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-12 08:06 am   Permalink

For those vistin' Seattle interested in some cool shoppin' here's a coupla places to kinda easily check out on an action packed schedule...

When in Ballard it's
Archie McPhee's fer all yer pop culture nonsense. (Dogbytes claims they're cuttin' back on their Tiki type products, so shop now.) Worth the trip.

A short yet sometimes uneasy drive east is Hawaii General Storewhich has an exceptional collection of quality Hawaiian arts and crafts and shirts and snacks and some yard goods and music and a smatterin' of Tiki ( a few Tiki Farm mugs, etc). (Also: Don't mention yuh came fer the Tiki, they don't like that.) Worth the trip if yuh don't have a nice Hawaii shop in yer neck of the woods.

If yer goin' to the General store, right next door is the Electric Heavyland a music shop/collectible grown up modern art plastic toy sorta place. And next door to it is Comics Dungeon which has comics, of course, and some more of them plastic toys fer grown ups.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-12 2:43 pm   Permalink

And also...Cuz I don't think this got mentioned here or somethin' like that...At Lava Lounge The Mercury Four will be playin'. So if yuh like surf music but were plannin' on headin' home after all that lounge toned gallery schmoozin'...Change yer plans. Now.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-12 3:44 pm   Permalink

yes, definately stay for the Mercury Four!
I'm gonna try to sneak out of the wedding I'm goin to, somewhat
early, and try to make a stop at the Lava Lounge.
Hope to see some of ya!
PEa

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-12 9:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-11 00:46, dogbytes wrote:
i'll be vending these necklaces from the inside of my raincoat.. see me for details!

there are just 2 tiki bobs left. message me if you want me to reserve a particular type of pendant for you..

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation