FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Seattle: Jet City Junket ~ You Tube Video Posted pg.8
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Seattle: Jet City Junket ~ You Tube Video Posted pg.8
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-13 8:47 pm   Permalink

...and there was one

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 09:18 am   Permalink

Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
it's this weekend!!!!
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
PEa

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 11:04 am   Permalink

I figgered I'd try Miss Pea's post in the Woofmutter 3000-X Universal Translator...

Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It is Thursday Mornin' and I wish it were Friday evenin'...

it's this weekend!!!!

TANIII is just around the bend. Thank gawd as I am about to lose my perty lil mind in this here cubicle.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I hope to rock to the Mercury Four. The Jet City Junket will be neat. Even if I am there late.

PEa

Yer's with sugar and cinnamon sprinkled all over it, Miss Sweetpea.

(Woofmutt World Wide disclaimer: All translations approximate and should not be taken as the actual words or intent of the party or parties translated.)

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-15 08:01 am   Permalink

Postin' this here as it's more of interest to folks in or comin' to the area...

Today's (9/15/06) Seattle Post-Intelligencer has an article A Toast To Tiki. A link
here.

At 2:00PM (Pacific) KUOW 94.9 FM is coverin' the Tiki topic as well on their show The Beat. Info here.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-16 02:10 am   Permalink

The opening gallery night was super fun...i took a lot of photos, but now must get some shut-eye before the big Home Bar Tour in a few short hours. But first, back by popular demand, the underground extremely limited, ultra rare Jet City Junket Poster:

Only those who go will know how this day plays out!!

Here's one photo. I was actually trying to get a shot of Reido (very nice Canadian!) and he was feeling camera shy (I'll get him yet!) so he took one of me in front of the Shag paintings for all you Shag fans. I have lots more fun photos though...especially of Dogbytes. I'd better go recharge my camera battery...

[ This Message was edited by: Exoticat 2006-09-16 02:25 ]

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-16 07:41 am   Permalink

Ok OK OK!

I give in to Exoticat's hints and suggestions...

The JET CITY JUNKET is gona be like a a total FREAK OUT man! Yer mind is gonna like..EXPAND BEYOND THE STARS, man! Yuh won't friggin' believe it, man! We're gonna like TRIP TO THE EDGE OF THE UNIVERSE and like GIVE GOD A MAI TA!!!

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-17 12:48 pm   Permalink

It was supposed to be beautiful!!! It wasn't supposed to end like THIS...

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-17 1:29 pm   Permalink

Good thing we survived that, Woofmutt, because now we'll always have that really special taxi cab ride home to cherish. I'm still wondering what our driver said to the other taxi driver right in front of us in a foreign tongue.

i think i'd better go check my photos now and see how I did with preserving everything. Everyone else who crawled out of the fire is apparently still going to party on today... tiki people have nothing but spirit and energy!

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-17 1:43 pm   Permalink

Here's a quick teaser photo taken at The Islander on Saturday. What are they looking at?

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-17 1:55 pm   Permalink

Huge thanks to Dogbytes for throwing this weekend together for all of us!! I think a grand time was had by all. Here's what we call the money shot in the biz:

Tiki-Bot has a newer, phatter version of my camera and we were admiring it along with Dogbytes and Tikiwahine.

More photos LATER...if there's an official photo thread I'll put them there.

Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-17 3:16 pm   Permalink

Looks boring.

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Reid-O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-17 4:06 pm   Permalink

Aloha! well I finally joined! I had to so I could thank everyone for such an awesome weekend! I had a great time. Thanks again Elicia for putting on such a great event and thanks to Mimi & Rob for getting my drunk ass back to the hotel in one piece! I'm still in awe of the home bars and would also like to thank the hosts! Cant wait to see you guys again!

View Profile of Reid-O Send a personal message to Reid-O  Goto the website of Reid-O     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2006-09-18 3:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-17 12:48, woofmutt wrote:
It was supposed to be beautiful!!! It wasn't supposed to end like THIS...

before i even attempt to explain Tiki Inferno and prior to photoshopping the incriminating incidents.. i want to thank all the folks who made the Jet City Junket possible..and so much freaking FUN. 72+ hours of Ohana-maximus!

Woofmutt ~ even though i was not in charge, thanks for letting me bounce ideas off ya for hours on end, in yahoo messanger.. and for the FREE and FABULOUS pop culture trinketries on-the-bus raffle!!!

Seamus ~ for the many many raffle prizes and setting up the vending area

Sandra the busdriver for safely getting us up n down the Hills of Seattle.and keeping count of your passengers. bonus points for squeeking the big yellow bus around traffic circles and nutzo drivers!

Bad Mojo ~ for prizes and the honor of selling your excellent necklaces

Home Bar Hosts ~ Mr. Bytes, Selector Lopaka & Puamana, Monkeyskull, Cindy & John ~ for graciously opening your doors to 30+ people traipsing thru your abodes

The Islander Restaurant on Union St. (and my apologies to the Mercer Island tavern..) THREE CHEERS for the ONE bartender-waiter and hostess for feeding and providing drinks to nearly 40 people, with NO reservations..in 90 minutes ~ and to Selector Lopaka for helping me wait tables!

TikiWahine guest bartender extraordinaire!

After Party Hosts ~ Marlow and Jo-David, Dawn and Lisa - all i can say is "Holy S*it" and i cant even officially say that here! the collections in these homes defy description (so we'll post pix later)

Otto ~ thanks for moving the event to Seattle! The Roq and its staff ROCK.. i've never seen a more packed art venue.. ever! Lushy always fantastic.

All of the people aboard the bus ~ friends, old and new ~ thank you for wanting and supporting a Tiki Event. we broke even on the bus and we didnt misplace any riders (that i know of)!

words can't describe how happy i am to see how this Tiki Weekend turned out..everyone just went with the flow..and we packed in SO MUCH into such a short time!

elicia

if you dont see your name listed in my Thank Yous.. its only because i'm still floating on air.. my memory will return in a bit.. hopefully.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 5:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-17 15:16, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:
Looks boring.

You know I wasn't serious, don't you? It's the sour grapes talking. I'm still bugged that circumstances conspired to keep me from going, but what can you do? Looks like an amazing time was had by all. For sure I'm gonna make it out to the raincoast next summer. Is Tiki Art Now 4 gonna be in Seattle?

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2006-09-18 7:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-18 17:46, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote: For sure I'm gonna make it out to the raincoast next summer. Is Tiki Art Now 4 gonna be in Seattle?

absolutley.. Otto says Seattle is the place for Tiki Art Now 4... its never too early to plan!

we did miss you.. Lisa Petrucci's house was a Baby Boomer's Delight.. nearly every toy, game and doll from the 50's-70's..and film reels..halloween masks.. scarey clown paint by numbers mixed in with awesome original art.

i am really having a hard time finding the words to describe the weekend. surreal. jam-packed tiki, thriftstore, kitsch, hi and lowbrow, collector's paradise.

yeah i know.. pictures pictures.. gotta down/up load them tonight.. still recovering from all the fun..

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation