FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Seattle: Jet City Junket ~ You Tube Video Posted pg.8
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Seattle: Jet City Junket ~ You Tube Video Posted pg.8
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-22 2:16 pm   Permalink

This group needs to get together for TIKI POUT! one night:

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-22 4:07 pm   Permalink

Are cheap (2.99) full length red gloves from Target too "loud" for the Riviera Heist? They will prevent against leaving behind those dreaded incriminating fingerprints...

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-22 4:32 pm   Permalink

Ahhh sweet Voodoo Punch, so unsuspecting and accessible. One might even call you beautiful. How bad could you really be?

But what's this? The second you find some willing victims you cast an eerie red glow.

Seamus, Jauna and Tiki-Bot living dangerously:

Just a couple of teaser photos until I can get to more.

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-22 6:13 pm   Permalink

I'm proud to announce that my Fez made it home! yayyy! It took a little abuse (the plastic Tiki Lounge sign fell off at some point exposing a glue glob) so I decided to photograph it. My fez was a last minute project (had much grander visions for it) but now I know how they feel on Project Runway when the clock runs out. It's a good excuse for all those bags under my eyes on Saturday anyways. If there's another Junket next year one can only hope more fezzes surface instead of just sad broken promises of fezzes. Not that I'm naming any names.

On the left is Cindy, dynamic hostess extraordinaire from the Home Bar Tour. Photo taken in the lush backyard of Puamana and Selector Lopaka.

[ This Message was edited by: Exoticat 2006-09-22 19:35 ]

Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-22 8:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-21 14:05, woofmutt wrote:
So Jet City Mucky Mucks...We're all droppin' in on the Riviera's house 'round 1 AM Saturday mornin'. Just to, uhm, check up on the place. Dress in dark clothes, and BYOG (Bring yer own gloves).

Hey guys, I got a great deal on a U-Haul....oh...I mean, it's really nice to know we look out for our fellow TC'ers. I know the Riviera's home is safe with us. (..or should I say the contents)

I'm just glad the Riviera's baby has a new playmate at the next event. However, I'm not sure what kind of influence he'll be.

Great pics & videos Exoticat! You inspired me to get a Youtube account and reveal my videos to the world.
Here's a couple I shot at Roq La Rue and one of the stops on the Jetcity Junket. Sorry CNN, no video of the horrible bus crash.
Youtube'n with you.

[ This Message was edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2006-09-22 21:32 ]

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-23 01:30 am   Permalink

On 2006-09-22 20:47, Pepe le Tiki wrote:
Quote:

Great pics & videos Exoticat! You inspired me to get a Youtube account and reveal my videos to the world.
Here's a couple I shot at Roq La Rue and one of the stops on the Jetcity Junket. Sorry CNN, no video of the horrible bus crash. Youtube'n with you.

I found
this while looking at your videos, Pepe. It's kinda like a bus crash -- much as I wanted, I just couldn't look away.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miss Marlow

Posted: 2006-09-25 12:37 am   Permalink

Hi Everybody!

I recognize some of you all from the crazy art opening, afterparty and home bar tours! I love looking at all the pictures, as we couldn't get to all the events.

JoDavid and I made a few pages of the events we were able to go to. We loved being able to meet everyone and we hope we see you all again soon!

Click
HERE to view more photos of Tiki Art Now!

Cheers,

Marlow & JoDavid

[ This Message was edited by: Miss Marlow 2006-09-25 00:38 ]

View Profile of Miss Marlow Send a personal message to Miss Marlow  Email Miss Marlow Goto the website of Miss Marlow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-25 6:31 pm   Permalink

I returned from France to pack up our belongings and discovered
that our house had been broken into and all tiki related items have
been removed. At the scene of the crime I found a few clues: a used
comb covered in hair pomade, a broken ceramic monkey, two marlboro
cigarette butts with red lipstick, a leather whip, a half eaten moon pie,
a guitar pick and a red latex glove. Can anyone help me solve this dastardly crime?

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-25 10:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-25 18:31, tiki-riviera wrote:

I returned from France to pack up our belongings and discovered
that our house had been broken into and all tiki related items have
been removed. At the scene of the crime I found a few clues: a used
comb covered in hair pomade, a broken ceramic monkey, two marlboro
cigarette butts with red lipstick, a leather whip, a half eaten moon pie,
a guitar pick and a red latex glove. Can anyone help me solve this dastardly crime?

Obviously the cat.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-26 12:51 am   Permalink

It was NOT the cat.

I suspect it was either the monkey

Or the dog

Miss Marlow

Posted: 2006-09-26 02:09 am   Permalink

Exoticat --

is this the little Tiki sign you lost off your hat?

I found it in my bed! It must have fallen off somehow, but how it got there, I sure don't know.

How can I get it back to you?

View Profile of Miss Marlow Send a personal message to Miss Marlow  Email Miss Marlow Goto the website of Miss Marlow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eddy Brazil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-26 4:14 pm   Permalink

A few more pics - from the moment vault:

A krispie moment

A totem moment

A mantle moment

An archway moment

A tabletop moment

A tower-of-heads moment

A paint-by-number moment

[ This Message was edited by: Eddy Brazil 2006-11-10 12:01 ]

View Profile of Eddy Brazil Send a personal message to Eddy Brazil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-26 6:42 pm   Permalink

Hello, Miss Marlow!

First of all, welcome to Tiki Central! Thanks so much for the links to your pages...loved them and glad you took a minute to share that info.

Yes, that is my missing Tiki Lounge sign! I took the ferry on Saturday as a passenger on foot so that I didn't have to drive and as a result carried all my goodies (including the fez when not in use) in my backpack. At your party, my backpack was on your bed. Now how it fell off there is a mystery...was someone being naughty on your bed in my fez when I wasn't looking??? :::Looks around at Seattle people to see if there's any guilty faces::::: Sounds like yet another mystery to add to the Riviera Case.

I will PM you with my address. I have a replacement one, but it's apple green and doesn't show up as well so I really want the blue. I will send you a surprise in return for your act of kindness. Thanks!!!

Edited to add that I should probably be staring intently into the eyes of Canadians, the usual suspects, first.

[ This Message was edited by: Exoticat 2006-09-26 18:47 ]

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-26 7:17 pm   Permalink

I also lost a Tiki on Friday night and I'm sad about it.

Take pity on me and read my old post and the legend behind my now missing tiki:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=12526&forum=5&vpost=133068

I am offering a reward of up to 20 Cocktail Demons (as seen on my Fez) for the return of this tiki! Imagine what you could do with those!

Mahalo.

Reid-O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-26 9:07 pm   Permalink

More Pictures!

Bottoms Up!

Seattle's landmark drink!

Seamus...nice work!

More pics to come!

View Profile of Reid-O Send a personal message to Reid-O  Goto the website of Reid-O     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation