FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Mc Donalds Hawaii?
Mc Donalds Hawaii?
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 02:07 am   Permalink

Much as McDonalds isn't my thing, it is an Aloha shirt and it does seem to sport the McDonalds arched 'M' although not in Gold, does anyone have any info for me?

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 02:15 am   Permalink

If I'm not mistaken, this was one of the patterns used for the McDonalds work shirts in Hawaii...Aloha HOKU

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 02:44 am   Permalink

that's a great shirt cheeky... looks cool

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 05:10 am   Permalink

Maybe at this McDonald's?

(sorry that last one is blurry - the only shot I got of the inside!)

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 10:46 am   Permalink

Beautiful shirt! McDonalds or not, that's a keeper.
An if you don't want it, I'll give it a good home!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 11:20 am   Permalink

Thanks for the info anybody know its age.
Tikiwahine just to let you know it was bought in Canada for me by a freind in Toronto who deals in vintage clothing.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 11:28 am   Permalink

Oh really! How cool! That type of bright tapa design is one of my favorites, so cheerful! And it's hard to find good vintage orange shirts. He/she must have a fantastic collection!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 11:32 am   Permalink

cheeky, doing a quick search I came across this one:

notice the 'Hawaii 71' under the logo
http://www.thehanashirtco.com/?p=view_product&product_id=243

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine 2006-08-30 11:48 ]

VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-18 11:57 am   Permalink

Aloha all -

I actually remember employees at McDonald's wearing aloha style shirts way back when I was a keiki. Great shots of the Laie McDonald's - I was gonna post some shots of it but you beat me to it!

VanTiki

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 1:29 pm   Permalink

Has anyone ever eaten at the McDonalds in Hawaii? They're totally excellent. Mmmmm, McTeri. When my wife and I were there last, we had just gotten into Honolulu airport, we were starved for lunch and on our way to Waikiki, we drove by a McDonalds. And they had teriyaki chicken sandwiches and all sorts of great stuff. That had to be the best teriyaki chicken sandwich ever.
Seeing the shirt just totally reminded me of that experience. Awesome shirt by the way! What a find!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 9:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

TikiJosh wrote:
Has anyone ever eaten at the McDonalds in Hawaii? They're totally excellent....

The Hawaiian Island McD's also is the only place you can get Hot Taro Pies (alternative to the "Hot Apple Pies" they sell). They are awesome...and addicting!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-30 11:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-26 21:55, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
The Hawaiian Island McD's also is the only place you can get Hot Taro Pies (alternative to the "Hot Apple Pies" they sell). They are awesome...and addicting!

I'm going to have to try one of those when the Missus and I go in October! Thanks for the info!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-31 01:40 am   Permalink

We also loved the "Traditional Hawaiian" style breakfast they serve...SPAM, rice, eggs and pineapple!!

I sure wish I could get a meal like that on the mainland McDonald's!

SPAM, SPAM, SPAM and SPAM!!! That's the way the Doctor orders it!

Dem's good eats! Long Pork!

"Dining with cannibals is always finger licking good!"
Dr.TikiMojo

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation