FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau 2003
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Hukilau 2003
powerofthetiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-23 07:28 am   Permalink

Does anyone have any info on Hukilau 2003 hotels, motels ect. I have my airline tickets. Now I'm trying to find out what hotel to make my resrevation at. Just looking around on the net a lot of places are booked up for the weekend.

[ This Message was edited by: powerofthetiki on 2002-12-23 07:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: powerofthetiki on 2002-12-23 10:35 ]

View Profile of powerofthetiki Send a personal message to powerofthetiki  Email powerofthetiki Goto the website of powerofthetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Talkie-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-23 6:17 pm   Permalink

aI think the T.V @ dallas is closed but it can be rented out

View Profile of Talkie-Tiki Send a personal message to Talkie-Tiki  Email Talkie-Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-26 1:38 pm   Permalink

As of today, rooms at the "Official" Hukilau hotel in Ft. Lauderdale are still available on June 27 & 28. A block of rooms were reserved for our group at the Oceanfront Holiday Inn--Ft Lauderdale Beach (954 563 5961 or 1 800 HOLIDAY). Just tell them you are with the Hukilau group and they'll give you a special rate of $79 per night. When I checked the week before Christams about a dozen rooms had already been booked by TC members. It might be a good idea to call now, if you have been putting it off.

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2002-12-26 13:39 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-12-26 3:16 pm   Permalink

Are their any incentives to staying at the Holiday Inn, besides the rate and location? Are there going to be any activities there?

The reason I ask is if I am able to go I might stay at one of the 50s motels close to the beach. They can be had for as low as $350 per week for a efficiency room (with kitchen). Or I might stay in the keys for a few days before or after the Hukilau. It's going to be so hot in June I probably will want to hang out at the beach or pool all day! I want to explore all options before I book it.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 07:05 am   Permalink

Yes. On Friday night we are having a gathering in the 12th floor banquet room. It will feature, King Kukulele, Uber Easy, The Delusionaires (from FL) and "I Belli Di Waikiki" from Italy. Mai Tiki will be helping with the decor and there will be even more tiki around. There will be vendors, music, drinks, and all you have to do is stumble to your room. We also plan a shared taxi to and from the Mai Kai on Saturday. And of course, many people will be there early and stay late. So there will be many gatherings.

Also, if you are reserving a room, please call the Mai Kai and reserve your dinner show ticket for Saturday June 28th. Tell them you are with the Hukilau.

Mai Kai phone 954-563-3272 ext. 1
Hotel phone 954-563-5961 or 1-800-HOLIDAY

The $79 rate at the hotel is good for days before and after the event too. We have a limit at the hotel of less than 240 rooms. We are competing with a couple of reunions, so who ever gets the rooms booked first wins. We also have a limit of 280 in seating for the dinner show, but there will be plenty to see and do if you don't get in. And there are 2 shows.

I promise the web site will be up in January. We are supposed to get the artwork this weekish and then have the final wording from our sponsors and be ready.

But go ahead and make your plans and reservations. I will change the current Hukialu main page to give the info I have just put here.

Thanks for planning with us. It's going to be mai tai!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
powerofthetiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 08:18 am   Permalink

Thanks Kailuageoff and Swanky I will make my calls latter on today

Carroll

View Profile of powerofthetiki Send a personal message to powerofthetiki  Email powerofthetiki Goto the website of powerofthetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 08:27 am   Permalink

Jab,
Are you still coming to Florida on President's Day weekend? We'll be down in Ft. Lauderdale that weekend, if you want to connect. Perhaps some other Florida tiki folks can be persuaded to join us too.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-12-27 12:26 pm   Permalink

Not sure yet if I will be in Florida for Presidents Day weekend. I have a free Southwest ticket that needs to be used but I may save it for my annual trip to Las Vegas for Viva Las Vegas. I'll definately give you warning if I plan to invade.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 1:32 pm   Permalink

I have reservations! The woman who answered the phone at the Mai Kai insisted that they did not take reservations that far in advance. I again told her it was for The Hukilau and she just thought I was crazy.

I insisted that she check with someone else, and reluctantly she put me on hold, after a looooong wait she took me off hold and was very apologetic. She had not been informed about The Hukilau. But once she found out she hooked me up.

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 2:14 pm   Permalink

We have had a few glitches like this, but they are getting ironed out. We're 6 months out, so it's to be expected. But they do know we're coming and they are excited. They are opening the Mai Kai an hour early for us so we can look around without any regular customers there. And letting us take over their stage and bar for our performers like King K to do their stuff.

If anyone runs across any other problems like these, please email us at
home@thehukilau.com

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 9:10 pm   Permalink

Whoo hooo! I just booked my official Hukilau room at the hotel, and I'll call tomorrow to book the Mai Kai (the lady answerring the phone tonight didn't know anything about the Hukilau but said to call back tomorrow when the reservation office is open).

I am particularly excited that Orlando's Delusionaires are playing, as these guys are amazing. Check out their website:

http://www.delusionaires.com/

The flyerama collection is pretty great, and there are some very low quality mp3s.

If it's half as good as the Atlanta Hukilau it will be well worth the trip.

-Mike

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 9:47 pm   Permalink

rain et wahine are booked and IN, most probably plus two non tiki-centralites. i'm willing to bet aaron from the delusionaires and his lovely lady will be more than willing to hang out for the whole weekend as well.
malama pono!

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 9:50 pm   Permalink

PS - i was told there were no more hukilau block rooms available when i called, and my rate was bumped to $85.99 - so i'd get on this if you guys are lagging...

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-28 4:22 pm   Permalink

Hmmm Rain. That's not supposed to be. I'll look into it. You should be able to get every room in the joint at that $79 rate.

TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-28 5:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-12-28 16:22, Swanky wrote:
Hmmm Rain. That's not supposed to be. I'll look into it. You should be able to get every room in the joint at that $79 rate.

FYI, Swanky:

They originally quoted me $109 for two adults in a room with 1 king size bed and when I asked for the Hukilau group rate they told me the only rooms available at that rate had two double beds.

-Mike

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation