FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau 2003
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Hukilau 2003
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-25 2:21 pm   Permalink

For those travelling from So-Cal, Jet Blue has flights from Long Beach to FT Lauderdale, FL and back at $99 each way
www.jetblue.com

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-07 10:40 am   Permalink

I talked to the Mai Kai just a moment ago and they informed me that we've hit over 1/2 capacity for the 5:30 show at the Mai Kai on the 28th. If you haven't already made your reservations Hurry!

The employees seemed very excited and were screaming "Hello Hukilau" in the background. We did send them some posters so I guess we've stirred up the buzz!

Plus, the normal 5:00pm Happy Hour will begin at 4:00pm for our group as we tour the Mai Kai!! That's a Happy Hour from 4 to 6!! Yikes!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ken_miller4
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-07 2:11 pm   Permalink

Did they say what the total capacity of the show is? In other words, how many more people can they fit into the 5:30 show?

View Profile of ken_miller4 Send a personal message to ken_miller4  Email ken_miller4 Goto the website of ken_miller4     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-07 4:43 pm   Permalink

300 people is the capacity for the dinner show.

Make your reservations fast!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ken_miller4
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-10 08:27 am   Permalink

Yikes! 300 is a lot of folks! I had no idea so many people were turning out for The Hukilau.

View Profile of ken_miller4 Send a personal message to ken_miller4  Email ken_miller4 Goto the website of ken_miller4     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 10:46 am   Permalink

With the local entertainment magazine promoting the event, we will fill the space. But we have not begun promoting the event locally, other than posters at the Mai Kai, because we want to make sure all the out of state, out of town guests get booked first. Once the local media get going in South Florida, the place will be packed.

So, make your reservations and secure your place!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 10:51 am   Permalink

These cities are represented so far, according to our reservation form. If your city isn't here (other than Fort Lauderdale), please fill out the form on the reservations page.

Sanford, FL
Apopka, FL
Miami, FL
Baltimore, MD
Orlando, FL
Southwest Ranches, FL
Columbus, OH
West Palm Beach, FL
Atlanta, GA
Boca Raton, FL
Silver Spring, MD
Avondale Estates, GA
Semi Valley, CA
Winter Park, FL
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
San Clemente, CA
Seattle, WA
Alexandria, VA
San Antonio, TX
Jacksonville, FL
Tampa, FL
Charlotte, NC
Eugene, OR
Burtonsville, MD
Racine, WI
Lakewood, OH
Saint Petersburg, FL
Saint Augustine, FL
Vallejo, CA
Oakland, CA
Gulfport, FL
Oceanside, CA
Brandon, FL

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 1:33 pm   Permalink

Any of the folks driving over from Tampa Bay wanna organize a caravan ...?

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-03-26 7:15 pm   Permalink

Swanky, etc---Are you going to post a list of restaurants, etc. I just came back from Florida and I can give some suggestions of fun, usually vintage places in the general area
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijaksin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-27 07:46 am   Permalink

swanky, I have made & put up Flyers at the tattoo shop I work at for the hukilau 3 ,and will do so at the neighboring shops this next week which might also get in a few more heads that would definately show up for a tikified Hukilau. I already have about 10 new kids(i didnt even know) who will show for the event who had no Idea about tiki central ,or the hukilau.I am also gonna get them in to the local Hilo hatties this week too. swanky can you please let me know which is the hotel that we are gonna be able to sell our art from? thanks Kreepy tiki Jaksin.

View Profile of tikijaksin Send a personal message to tikijaksin  Email tikijaksin Goto the website of tikijaksin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2003-03-27 9:01 pm   Permalink

New York City is in, too!

Manic Cat and I are there, thanks to our good friend Humuhumu's hospitality!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2003-04-02 7:16 pm   Permalink

Swanky, etc---Are you going to post a list of restaurants, etc. I
just came back from Florida and I can give some suggestions of fun,
usually vintage places in the general area---I am reposting this in case you never saw it the first time--bruce
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-04 10:52 am   Permalink

Sorry we haven't been responding!!

Swanky and I just got a new house and we've been moving in for the past month. We also took separate vacations so we're just feeling back to normal again.

We are coming up with a "What To Do" list while attendees are in Ft. Lauderdale and surrounding areas so definitely send your finds to
home@thehukilau.com !!

The Hukilau

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-04 11:00 am   Permalink

Shag just confirmed that he will attend Hukilau 2003!

The Mai Kai is extrememly close to capacity for the dinner show so make your reservations immediately. You can always cancel.

Also the hotel is nearing capacity.

You can always email Swanky and I at
home@thehukilau.com for any specific needs or questions regarding Hukilau 2003.

The Hukilau

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-16 9:32 pm   Permalink

I have posters at cool sites around Columbus, Ohio promoting "The Hukilau" so hopefully we will get a couple more tiki heads attending from Ohio. I figure those people that really miss the Kahiki the most will venture down to the Mai Kai. Also, "The Hukilau" CD which I will be distributing "free" is going to be awesome!! Trust me! The booklet will even include instructions on how to dance the hukilau correctly. "Oh, Were Goin... To the Hukilau, The Huki, Huki , Huki, Huki Hukilau"

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation