FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Norwegian Woody
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Norwegian Woody
makutiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-15 09:12 am   Permalink

Hej!

Nice drawings and that is one big boy your carving! Cool to see more Nordic people in here too! I have been working alot in Norway, but only seen lots and lots of trolls, no tikis....exept from those at the Heyerdal Museum ofcourse
But I see things are gonna change!

View Profile of makutiki Send a personal message to makutiki  Goto the website of makutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-15 12:36 pm   Permalink

Looks like you Scandinavian guys are starting your own tiki revolution up there. Really nice sketches, I love the charcoal one (if that's what it is) too. Those are some scary tikis!
PS like Tamapoutini I've also lived in Christchurch before, for about 15 years but I left about 7 years ago. Nice to know you've got a kiwi connection!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-15 10:32 pm   Permalink

Nice sketches man! love to see some more, a nice style to em.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
el Stingray
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-20 2:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-14 21:54, tikidreams wrote:
Hej granne! ackuratt.

Its excellent to get to read el "Sweet Brotha"s language like that!

Det duger!

View Profile of el Stingray Send a personal message to el Stingray  Goto the website of el Stingray     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
el Stingray
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-20 2:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-15 12:36, Paipo wrote:
like Tamapoutini I've also lived in Christchurch before, for about 15 years but I left about 7 years ago. Nice to know you've got a kiwi connection!

Thanks very much for the support! Yeah, I enjoyed the stay in NZ, it was worth my life, kinda, cause now I can pass into the other world a smiling man:) I love the maori ways. Just as I recognized a haka through the radio the other day, it put me right back into the what we call up North an "Adder" bush, like the special jungle trees you have that is a big inspiration for the maori wood carving and tattoos.

View Profile of el Stingray Send a personal message to el Stingray  Goto the website of el Stingray     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
el Stingray
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-07 04:25 am   Permalink

Hi dear carvers.
Its been a while since Ive been on Tiki Central, but its because Ive been busy busting my arse around carving, researching etc. It takes time to make yar own for the first time. At least when you know nuttinbout techs and tools.
Im posting the latest pics of Kong Tiki so you can see which stage Im at. The tiki is not typical traditional, but thats on purpose, cause of the importance of history in your own piece. Its like to be an ancestor right? Cool. So check it out!
Im using a Black & Decker angle grinder and just bought a small cordless Dremel multi tool that Im gonna try out next time Im home in Fredrikstad and my parents garage. (They must be a little agitated cause of all that sawdust on the car by now, shit.) What I would like to now about, and get, is a small one hand chainsaw. If thats something thats awailable on the market. Anybody knows? Excellent!

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-08 01:18 am   Permalink

Wow! That is a scary Kong-tiki. He looks like a wolfman-tiki to me. Nice work El Stingray!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-08 02:04 am   Permalink

Cool Tiki, Stihl do a pruning chainsaw MS 200 T that you can use one handed

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-08 04:17 am   Permalink

WELCOME to TC MakuTiki, Glad to have you here!
Looks like you have a Lot of Bottled up tiki art waiting to Explode there. You are getting some Excellent detail too, can you post pictures of all the tools you are using?
Nice tiki.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
el Stingray
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-08 05:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-08 01:18, Sneakytiki wrote:
Wow! That is a scary Kong-tiki. He looks like a wolfman-tiki to me. Nice work El Stingray!

Hehe. Well, every Tiki has its personality. Inspired by the dark Norwegian woods and the creatures of the night, this is the look of it.
Thanks!

el Stingray
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-08 05:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-08 02:04, cheekytiki wrote:
Cool Tiki, Stihl do a pruning chainsaw MS 200 T that you can use one handed

Thanks for the tip mate. Found this one:
http://woodsmanequipment.com/product.php?productid=MS%20200T
Seems like a good one actually.

Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-10 11:29 am   Permalink

Hey El Sting,

I was in Oceanic Arts in Los Angeles this week and Bob, one of the owners, said that some Norwegians were just there buying tikis for their new tiki bar/restaurant in Oslo.
I forget what it will be called.

Maybe if you get Kong Tiki done you can store it at the new resaurant.

Skal,
Erik

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-10 11:57 am   Permalink

Isn't it good, Knowing she would.

Great thread Stinger!
Congrats on your new kid.

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga 2007-05-10 22:25 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
el Stingray
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-21 04:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-10 11:29, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Hey El Sting,

I was in Oceanic Arts in Los Angeles this week and Bob, one of the owners, said that some Norwegians were just there buying tikis for their new tiki bar/restaurant in Oslo.
I forget what it will be called.

Maybe if you get Kong Tiki done you can store it at the new resaurant.

Skal,
Erik

Hi Mr. NoNaMe
Cool that you heard about it. The Tikibar I think you refer to is called Aku Aku, and is located at Grnerlkka in capital city of Oslo, if youre in the neighborhood, you might wanna pop in for a mug. Its very popular, always has a long line outside and is pretty expensive place to drink (the mucho cluroso y cachondo wahines hanging around might even that one out.). The owner, Jan Varden, is also having another bar called Bar Boca beside Aku Aku and is known through all of Norway serving the best tropical drinks. Ive been to Aku Aku a couple of times, being a little disappointed that I havent seen a life sized Tiki in there yet. I might have a word with him. Skl mate!

el Stingray
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-21 07:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-08 04:17, Benzart wrote:
WELCOME to TC MakuTiki, Glad to have you here!
Looks like you have a Lot of Bottled up tiki art waiting to Explode there. You are getting some Excellent detail too, can you post pictures of all the tools you are using?
Nice tiki.

Hi Benzart.
I will post pics of the tools I use as soon as possible. For me it takes a while to finish the Tiki, since I live in Oslo and the Tiki is placed an hour drive away at my parents place, I dont get to carve as much as Id like to. Im thinking of getting a stable, very small Chainsaw, making it easier to carve faster and deeper into the wood. Now Ive used a bent big old saw, only for cutting down trees with, a Black&Decker angle grinder, first using an Exalibur blade that was way too nasty and out of control, and then Ive changed the disk to a course sandpaper, much safer. At the moment Im using a small chordless Dremel tool, making the ornaments on the tiki. I will post shots of it probably when I next go for a carving visit.

My Tattoo!!!

[ This Message was edited by: el Stingray 2008-08-09 12:02 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation