FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Trying to figure out the name of a song about Buffy from 'Family Affair'
Trying to figure out the name of a song about Buffy from 'Family Affair'
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-25 7:56 pm   Permalink

Maybe one of you west coast TCers know the name of this song. I have an old tape of a 'Rodney on the ROQ' show from I think 1982. One of the songs he plays is about Buffy (Anissa Jones) from the 'Family Affair' TV show OD'ing.

The lyrics are 'Buffy, Buffy come back to me/why'd ya hafta go and OD?/what about Uncle Bill, Jodi, and Sissy?'

Totally sounds like an L.A. band. Maybe a girl group, at least the vocals are by a girl.

Anybody? Anybody??

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-25 8:01 pm   Permalink

I think it was Child Star by The Diodes

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-25 9:52 pm   Permalink

I remember the song too, not much help on the who did it...

In the meantime, you can always ask Rodney
http://www.rodney-b.com/contact.htm

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-25 10:11 pm   Permalink

That's "Buffy Buffy Come Back To Me" by Angel & The Reruns. I believe I still have it on one of my old Rodney on the Roq compilation lps from the early 80s.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 08:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-25 22:11, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
That's "Buffy Buffy Come Back To Me" by Angel & The Reruns. I believe I still have it on one of my old Rodney on the Roq compilation lps from the early 80s.

Sabu

But can you still sing it?

"Buffy, Buffy come back to me/Why'd you have to go and OD/Who's gonna take care of Mrs. Beasley?"

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 08:08 am   Permalink

Thanks Sabu, that sounds about right.

Now does anybody know the name of some English band that did a song called 'Yesterday'?....

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 08:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-26 08:08, donhonyc wrote:
Thanks Sabu, that sounds about right.

Now does anybody know the name of some English band that did a song called 'Yesterday'?....

Wasn't that Chad & Jeremy?

http://www.chadandjeremy.net/cj/distants.ram

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 11:54 am   Permalink

To return the favor, can anyone remember the old Max's Kansas City band that had a song that went "Ma! I'm leaving soon/to be the first Rock Star on the Moon"? I've got the song stuck in my head & can't pull it out, and I can't find mt copy of Max's Kansas City '76 to check.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 1:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-26 11:54, freddiefreelance wrote:
To return the favor, can anyone remember the old Max's Kansas City band that had a song that went "Ma! I'm leaving soon/to be the first Rock Star on the Moon"? I've got the song stuck in my head & can't pull it out, and I can't find mt copy of Max's Kansas City '76 to check.

Is that Suicide 'Rocket, USA' you're talking about?

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 8:32 pm   Permalink

Nope. I think it was the Brats' (the original NYC the Brats, not the LA '80s Glam band) "First Rock Star on the Moon," but I won't know 'til I can find the CD.

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 11:31 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-27 12:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-25 22:11, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:

Sabu

That is a nice bit of knowledge, Sabu.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation