FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Atlanta Trader Vic's and "Big Johnny" Teitelbaum
Atlanta Trader Vic's and "Big Johnny" Teitelbaum
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-08-27 11:13 am   Permalink

I searched and could not find this mentioned-

http://www.tripsmarter.com/atlanta/videosframes/asf/atl_tradervics_high320.htm

Nice work, John!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-27 12:12 pm   Permalink

Cool!!!!!!! Thanks for posting. Never seen this before!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-27 12:21 pm   Permalink

Yeah thanks Martiki that was cool Those big ovens are impressive. That clip it made me very hungry and thirsty.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-27 3:28 pm   Permalink

That was fun, hopefully this isn't as close as I ever get to visiting one of these places.

[ This Message was edited by: Paipo 2006-08-27 15:34 ]

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
limptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 08:59 am   Permalink

Now I now where to go next time i'm looking for excape. Do they also serve expresso?

View Profile of limptiki Send a personal message to limptiki  Email limptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 10:58 am   Permalink

hahaaahhaa!!..."john teitlbaum"!! ...those dopes could fuck up a 2 car funeral in a parking lot!!! -sorry JT....guess you can't use this clip for your resume...

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 5:11 pm   Permalink

I didn't even know this video existed - until John Chenault hipped me to it this morning. Thanks John, errr... I mean, Jeff.

But...

I have no memory whatseover of giving that interview!

And...

Some of you noted that the fella talking was identified as "John" Teitelbaum. Yeah, I caught that little detail too.

My only conclusion is that it wasn't me in that video... it was my insane clone, "John".

This is the last time I let random people with video cameras videotape me, and/or my clones, especially after too many mai tais.

Yeah, blame it on the booze.

It's always worked for me, so far.

As an aside, the guy hosting the thing gets the date and location of the first Trader Vic's wrong - it opened in Oakland, not San Francisco, in 1934 not 1944. The Mai Tai was invinted in 1944 tho. But I guess I don't have to tell youse guyses that.

But my favorite bit of coolness is that the girl I ranted on and on about in my review of Trader Vic's Atlanta on the old Tiki Bar Review Pages (still archived at
http://www.tydirium.net, go ahead, I will wait) is one of the babes in the video.

She still hasn't given me the time of day, but damn, no one crunches a crab rangoon like she does, and now that we're in the same video, it practically makes us engaged.

Send gifts.

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars 2006-08-28 17:20 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-29 09:52 am   Permalink

I saw this a couple of years ago. I thought it was posted here, but I can't find it either. I think I first saw it around the time of the first Tiki Torch Nights in Atlanta. I think the JT part was likely shot back then at the first one you came down for. That must have been the second TTN or so.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-29 2:08 pm   Permalink

yeah, that was posted about a year ago.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-15 8:52 pm   Permalink

Here's some more Tikivision featuring yours truly.

http://www.wciu.com/

Well, they didn't make me seem TOO much like a weirdo..!

It is on the front page right now, but I imagine that you'll have to click the 'video room' link on the left side if you're reading this post more than a week or so after the fact.

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars 2007-10-15 20:56 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 7:01 pm   Permalink

Good Job JT.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-16 7:57 pm   Permalink

Wonder what the pizza guy says when he leaves my place (I only have 1/1000th of what you have)...LOL. Nice interview.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation