Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Seven Tiki Rum from Fiji via Australia
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Seven Tiki Rum from Fiji via Australia
rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 05:11 am   Permalink

Hi there -
From a recent Havana Club posting I discovered the
www.drinktrader.com website. Another article on there mentioned a new silver rum from Fiji called SEVEN TIKI RUM. The company producing it seems based in Australia, and naturally I figured folks here might be interested in this product:
http://www.seventiki.com/

Does anyone know if this is available in the US, or has anyone tried it? Would very much like to learn more about it. From the bottle art on the website it looks as though 6 of the tikis are hiding on the back - there appears to be only one tiki on the front!

Cheers,
Rupe

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-29 04:18 am   Permalink

I looked into sending some Aussie rum over to the states and ran into issues with sending alcohol at the US end. Look into the UPS guidelines is my suggestion if you cant find any suppliers over there

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-29 07:21 am   Permalink

Those are cool ideas - I live in Maryland but work in Virginia... and the bitter irony is that neither state will let you ship booze in! BOO!

In any case, I'd be interested in hearing any reviews of SEVEN TIKI RUM - am very curious about it - what it tastes like, if there's another brand one would compare it to, etc.

Mahalo!
~Rupe

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jaynie

Posted: 2006-09-29 10:09 pm   Permalink

Hi guys, Seven Tiki is a New Zealand white rum made by 42 Below, who make vodka and also South gin. Its absolutely delicious and really really smooth. You should be able to get it soon as they have just been bought by Bacardi (as a long time Bacardi fan I can honestly say that Seven Tiki is better). Wait until you try it...

View Profile of jaynie Send a personal message to jaynie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 10:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-29 22:09, jaynie wrote:
Hi guys, Seven Tiki is a New Zealand white rum made by 42 Below, who make vodka and also South gin. Its absolutely delicious and really really smooth. You should be able to get it soon as they have just been bought by Bacardi (as a long time Bacardi fan I can honestly say that Seven Tiki is better). Wait until you try it...

Hi Jaynie

Welcome to Tiki Central!

Are you in New Zealand? I'd be curious to know what kind of rum makes its way over there.

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Numb Davey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-02 09:23 am   Permalink

Just an update... There are no plans to bring Seven Tiki Rum to the States.

View Profile of Rum Numb Davey Send a personal message to Rum Numb Davey  Email Rum Numb Davey Goto the website of Rum Numb Davey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
milligna
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-05 8:56 pm   Permalink

Hi all (long time reader, first time poster).

I'm Chief Bartender at a quaint Argentinian tango school cum Tiki Lounge in Melbourne, Australia. I've had the pleasure of trying Seven Tiki Rum on a couple of occasions (in fact I had a shot on Monday at a meeting of the Melbourne Rum Club). It's not a bad spirit, but it lacks a lot of the qualities that set White Rum apart. The flavour profile is quite different to a lot of rums I've tasted - it gives a lot of Cinnamon, and it should be nice to mix with... quite different. It is made in Fiji by the NZ company 42 Below (as noted above) and "Seven Tiki" is supposed to refer to an historical/mythological story of the spread of population in in the south Pacific. I'm not 100%, but I think it refers to the 7 Tiki statues that were on the 7 Canoes used to populate New Zealand? (probably wrong about that, but it's along those lines).

The Packaging is absolutely beautiful. It's got a lot of maori style design printed onto a clear bottle that has a shape reminiscent of Hendrick's gin, with a black stylised tiki on the front. The printing is red and black (and clear/white), some of the traditional colours used in Maori artwork. On the bottle is a map of the 7 islands that are significant to the name of the rum (fiji, NZ, and others... samoa I think).

The Seven Tiki stand at the Sydney Barshow was very cool - they'd done it up like a tiki bar. It really drew the eye. Tiki has started to gain momentum in Australia, and I'm very proud to be working in the best Tiki Bar in Melbourne! (237 Swan Street, Richmond).

I've ordered a case of 6 for my bar, we might find something nice to mix them with, but at the very least they'll look gorgeous on the bar.

The same company is also releasing/has released a rum called "Tahiti Dark" which is a dark style rum that is going to be introduced to tackle the dark rum drinking population of Australia (In the northern states there is a huge culture of Bundaberg Rum drinking - "Bundy and Coke"). The Tahiti Dark rum again has properties that I don't usually associate with Rum, but it was nice. It basically tastes like a christmas cake. One of the other guys at the rum club is anxious to make a winter drink with this rum - a hot espresso martini with a custard float - Sounds absoulutly wicked.

All in all, rum and Tiki in Australia is starting to look up!

View Profile of milligna Send a personal message to milligna  Email milligna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hajduk
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-08 02:25 am   Permalink

I just got a seven Tiki from duty free, so its cocktail trial time. I had a sample of it a few months ago while working (im a bartender).

Another bartender i know had some Tahiti Dark. its good, kinda like barcardi Black.

Yeh, 42 below was sold the other week to bacardi, i still think it will be made here. I guess it will have to be so it keeps its 100% NZ pure image/marketing.

View Profile of Hajduk Send a personal message to Hajduk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-08 02:31 am   Permalink

Where've you been hiding Hajduk? Good to see another kiwi on the boards. I almost grabbed a bottle of that 7 Tiki a couple months back on my return form Rarotonga, I wish I had now.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hajduk
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-08 8:45 pm   Permalink

I went on a holiday, around new zealand, i went to a few places ill load the photos later on.

seven tiki

http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sa500207ia7.jpg

[ This Message was edited by: Hajduk 2006-10-08 20:56 ]

View Profile of Hajduk Send a personal message to Hajduk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greenrooster

Posted: 2006-10-12 04:04 am   Permalink

As you can see from my message count I'm new to Tiki Central but I thought I'd let you know that I emailed the Seven Tiki people and they said that while it is not available in Australia yet, they plan to get it distributed in the next few weeks. Can't wait!

View Profile of greenrooster Send a personal message to greenrooster  Email greenrooster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-12 6:40 pm   Permalink

Hey Green Rooster.. I lived in Adelaide for 14 years before I moved to NZ. I was just there again this past summer visiting family and will probably be over agin at the ned of next year...I can't imagine there's much of a tiki scene happening there?

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greenrooster

Posted: 2006-10-15 7:42 pm   Permalink

No Paipo not much of a scene here at all. Although I've heard the old Producers Hotel has undergone a refit which has included designing a number of themed bars one of which is described as Hawaiian. Not sure what they mean but plan to check on the place soon.

View Profile of greenrooster Send a personal message to greenrooster  Email greenrooster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-10-22 5:01 pm   Permalink

Seven Tikis Rum will be availale this month within the UK.

Initially to be sold in a number of Tiki and rum bars throughout the UK from this month, the company said that it will hold a tasting at Rumfest in London on 25 and 26 October.

The brand will run a test launch in a number of outlets with point-of-sale and cocktail menu placement to support activity.

All you Brits and Europeans, keep your eyes open!

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-10-22 5:36 pm   Permalink

Found a few European commercials/film clips for Seven Tiki Rum ...

cool clips used here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jREgUoIGMH0

tiki at the Coliseum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkbN5TZeOM4

Barcelona nightclub, and a flaming citrus ritual -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoZvPD3H0_M

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation