Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Minoi Minoi
Minoi Minoi
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 6:06 pm   Permalink

We've posted two old recordings of Ernie Menehune on our website. Enjoy.
http://www.velvetglass.com/tikipages/erniemenehunerecords.html

cheeky half

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lemonsqueezer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-29 6:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting, that's a nice version! (& good to know that it's the same recording than the version on his back to aloha land LP)
Btw. There is an alternative recording on 45 with an orchestra (strings, organ, and a rockin' guitar solo, sounds like a 60s recording) the flip side is 'back to aloha land' in the same alternative style. It seems that you have a personal contact to Ernie Menehune. I really would like to know if he recorded more in the style of this 45. Can you ask him?

[ This Message was edited by: lemonsqueezer 2006-08-29 18:39 ]

View Profile of lemonsqueezer Send a personal message to lemonsqueezer  Email lemonsqueezer Goto the website of lemonsqueezer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-30 05:51 am   Permalink

lemonsqueezer, I'll ask next time I speak with him. If there are any other songs you are interested in hearing, let me know and I'll try to post them.

cheeky half

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-30 06:25 am   Permalink

Sweet!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lemonsqueezer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-06 12:36 pm   Permalink

Many thanks Cheeky Half! If you are interested to hear these 45 versions and Ernie Menehune does allow it I will share the tunes with yousendit.com

About more Ernie Menehune tunes? For me the tune 'back to aloha land' was a true find as it is a nice catchy mid tempo tune that was an unknown composition to me. (Collecting Hawaii means that you soon have countless of versions of sweet leilani, cockeyed major etc. so tunes like that are very much welcome)
Can you locate some more rarely played catchy mid or up tempo tunes on the records that you could find yet? (and if he does Aquarius/Let the Sun shine in WITH steel guitar than I would love to hear that!)

Mahalo!

View Profile of lemonsqueezer Send a personal message to lemonsqueezer  Email lemonsqueezer Goto the website of lemonsqueezer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation