FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Are these REALLY from Steve Cranes "The Luau"?
Are these REALLY from Steve Cranes "The Luau"?
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 7:34 pm   Permalink

Aloha Everyone!

I picked these up today 'cuz I thought they'd be really cool on my porch holding up a couple of ferns or something.

They looked mighty familiar, but I couldn't quite place 'em. After I got home, I poked thru the Menu collection here at T.C. and found out why they looked so familiar: the figures are the same chcaracters that were used at Steve Cranes "The Luau"!

Take a closer look and compare...

Now, these guy DO happen to ALSO look like the Mai Kai Kids:

...so I need your expert opinions. Do you think these came from The Luau, or do you think they are from somewhere else?

Mahaloz Plenny!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lee's 2006-08-28 19:40 ]

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 7:47 pm   Permalink

where the hell did you find these and why didn't you call me? are those your logs? why do you hate me?

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 7:53 pm   Permalink

I can't say if they're from the Luau, but those posts look very similar to these tiki poles I got from Oceanic Arts last year.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-29 12:40 am   Permalink

More info on this style of Tahitian Cannibal carving:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=209&forum=5

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=6356&forum=1

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-29 10:31 am   Permalink

Wow, so I at least have something done By O.A. Cool! Thanks Mr.BH!

Sabu, you are a walking computer database of old threads; how on earth did you get such a great memory? Thank the Gods that we gotcha on our side here at TC!

Perry Dude, I don't hate ya! Sometimes stuff happens so quickly that I just forget to check in with ya... and yeah, that's my log stash. Slowly drying and waiting for the chopping to begin!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation