FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tama - NZ Pounamu/greenstone - Last post for '08! - pg99
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 Next Page )
Tama - NZ Pounamu/greenstone - Last post for '08! - pg99
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 02:49 am   Permalink

Tama bad, Tama very very bad..

Hey guys, its the usual greeting and apology from me. As you know, my waka hit the doldrums a while back and its been a long slow journey finding the puff to get going again. Partially due to economic blues and partially just Tiki-burnout (be careful; it can happen!). Taking a break at the moment, spent a nice 10 days in the sun at the top of the Sth Island & had a great Christmas with my family up there. My latest project at home is a kick-ass vegetable garden, freshly planted with over 15 different crops. ok 16
Not in any immediate hurry to resume work but feel confident that 2009 will bring fresh perspectives and enthusiasm.
Thanks to all of you who look and comment on my work; it really is appreciated. My time really is stretched with my growing family and household projects on top of carvng & my biggest regret is not being able to give enough time here - I apologize if my posts are few and far between.

enuff. on with the show:

-

A little Warrior with 'tude - I hear the owner of this has been wearing it to church functions in order to provoke comment..

-

Dark parauri stone, the raw material from a prominent NZ family collection:

-

A very local stone; accidentally stumbled apon in a friends garden:

-
Side-hanger:

-
Another local, from the nearby Marsden district:

-

My most recent fave; a Tahitian/Marquesan double Tiki:

Inspiring a new one:

-

A large dark Tiki in local serpentine:

-

In prog:

-

I swear this one was alive..

-

Taiaha-head pendant:

-

In-prog Tangaroa:

-

and another little in-prog Warrior:

-

Stopped by to see an old friend on my Xmas travels (Jester House Cafe, Motueka Hwy - fantastic organic bacon+eggs+hashbrowns+mushrooms+coffee - perfect hangover cure!)

-

Lets hope this pushes it over 100 pages so I can start afresh in 2009..

Hope you All had a great Christmas & wishing you a Happy New Year!!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 03:29 am   Permalink

Amazing stuff again, I can't really decide what my favorite or most desired piece would be.
And as long as you spoil us with so much good stuff in one single post, I don't mind there's a little waiting before a next post appears. And remember it's about having fun at what you do, not about burning out from doing to much. Have a great new year and be nice to the veggies, they will show you their appreciation in the end.
Thanks for showing all the cool stuff.

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 03:37 am   Permalink

Allright, that post makes up for your long absense. There is so much to choose from, but I like the Taiaha-head pendant and the one which was alive.

Nice to see you posting, you are are the Jade man around here.

Enjoying your summer?

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-28 04:12 am   Permalink

Ok I agree with you here,
Quote:

They are all beautifully done (or in proc) but this double Tiki is my favorite! Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 04:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-28 02:49, Tamapoutini wrote:
Tama bad, Tama very very bad..
Yes you were but Sine you ARE TAMA, we will just Overlook that part!

Hey guys, its the usual greeting and apology from me. As you know, my waka hit the doldrums a while back and its been a long slow journey finding the puff to get going again. Partially due to economic blues and partially just Tiki-burnout (be careful; it can happen!). Taking a break at the moment, spent a nice 10 days in the sun at the top of the Sth Island & had a great Christmas with my family up there. My latest project at home is a kick-ass vegetable garden, freshly planted with over 15 different crops. ok 16
Anything you would like to tell us about this 16th and will you be bringing any to the local market??

Not in any immediate hurry to resume work but feel confident that 2009 will bring fresh perspectives and enthusiasm.
Thanks to all of you who look and comment on my work; it really is appreciated. My time really is stretched with my growing family and household projects on top of carvng & my biggest regret is not being able to give enough time here - I apologize if my posts are few and far between.

enuff. on with the show:

-

A little Warrior with 'tude - I hear the owner of this has been wearing it to church functions in order to provoke comment..

''''
MY kind'o Guy, not just the warrior but the CURCH GOER who would DO This.
"""""""

Dark parauri stone, the raw material from a prominent NZ family collection:

''''''
I Love ALL these guys

BEautiful especially for a stumbled stone.
A very local stone; accidentally stumbled apon in a friends garden:

-Side hangars are ALWAYS my Favorites and will be the next one I get from you!
Side-hanger:

-
Another local, from the nearby Marsden district:

This one has to be another FAVORITE, but aren't they ALL???
Truly a Beautiful stone that you have made MORE Beautiful

-

Inspiring a new one:

Oh YES, How I Love these double guys you create, double the fun for the money but precisely perfect as only you can do Tama.

-

A large dark Tiki in local serpentine:

This one I think is More excellent than peeps wil know, Watch this guy
''''''''''''

In prog:''''''''''''''''''''
THIS one I think IS my Favorite out of the bunch, his form and shape is , well Perfect.!

This little Alive fella you should watch too he will walk off on'ya, I think the Ancients were at your shoulder when you did him
I swear this one was alive..

-

Taiaha-head pendant:

This Taiaha head guy has to be my Other favorite, you going to leave his tongue bare or gite him the works?,,
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

In-prog Tangaroa:

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
...AH the Tang, I'm such a Sucker for, this one will be among the best
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
-
and another little in-prog Warrior:

AND the BEST for Last I see, THIS guy WIL have to be my favorite I'm afraid after all is said and done, he is the one who might feel best next to my heart!

-

Stopped by to see an old friend on my Xmas travels (Jester House Cafe, Motueka Hwy - fantastic organic bacon+eggs+hashbrowns+mushrooms+coffee - perfect hangover cure!)

-

Lets hope this pushes it over 100 pages so I can start afresh in 2009..

Hope you All had a great Christmas & wishing you a Happy New Year!!

Well Tama, I'm sure this will get you into the Hundred page numbers and if not I'm sure it will be soon. 'I have a ways to go to get mine there but YOU are there.
Thanks for taking the time to post all these pic's and just take your time and come back when you feel it's right. As long as you return once in awhile, we;ll keep the candles lit for you so you won't get lost. Have a Happy New Year
Benzart

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 04:53 am   Permalink

Well I guess we ned a few more to get to that 100 mark and I
m sure they will come.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 06:49 am   Permalink

Love the new stuff - especially the ones that have a bit of your own little twists. I hear ya about the burnout, anything in excess can create burnout. Take it easy with the garden. I'd hate to hear you OD'd on tomatos!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 06:54 am   Permalink

YAY! They look so good I wanna eat 'em.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 11:28 am   Permalink

Helloha Tama! I'm glad you've got the herb garden all squared away. Hopefully now you will be able to play a little with us. We miss you man. As always, your most recent wurks are slobberific. I need a little daily wearer like the Docs (she won't let me near hers) so let's talk. I know you are bizzy, but one day soon we will talk. Thanks for posting all those pics for us to gawk at - we've needed them around here lately. Keep bailing your Waka and you'll be fine. I've been taking on a lot of water myself - keep bailing and I'll see you at the shoreline.

-G$

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 12:59 pm   Permalink

i've missed you tama.

i love the new stuff. the stones are fantastic.

maybe i'll post my latest piece.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 2:17 pm   Permalink

Good to see you back Tama. The little guys are looking great! Here's to a productive and prosperous 2009! Cheers!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 2:58 pm   Permalink

maybe I'll be the pagebreaker? Good to see you posting again T - catch up soon!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-28 3:24 pm   Permalink

Oooooooh really loving that double tiki, and the new one you have lined up as well!! Great stuff as usual Tama

View Profile of Liana Send a personal message to Liana  Goto the website of Liana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 4:32 pm   Permalink

I think I'll get the big 'Ole 100 from here....

colon Haha colon

-G$

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 4:33 pm   Permalink

Darn.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation