FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music E Inu 'Oe Ike Aha (I think I fixed it)
E Inu 'Oe Ike Aha (I think I fixed it)
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-30 7:24 pm   Permalink

It took me a while, but I finally finished my first ukulele song. It's titled "E Inu 'Oe Ike Aha" which translates to "What Would You Like To Drink?" or so I hope.

It's recorded on my computer, so don't get your hopes up about the quality or anything, the middle is kind of blank because it needs a solo that I haven't written yet, and I've never claimed to be a singer. But here it is.

I should mention that there are a couple of TC drinks mentioned in the song: Woofmutt's Pink Wink, Kick_the_Reverb's Reverb Crash, and my own creation The Pearl of Wisdom. The rest are ones I'm sure you all know.

Mahalo!

(let me know if the link doesn't work)

*Edited to delete old link*

[ This Message was edited by: finkdaddy 2006-08-30 19:28 ]

[ This Message was edited by: finkdaddy 2006-09-12 16:44 ]

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikibrand
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-31 12:09 pm   Permalink

not too shabby amigo. throw in a little bit o'drums and maybe a tamborine, and you got yerself a hit record!
(these are just the thoughts of someone who claims he knows good music, the uke' sounds great on its own too)

kudos once again

View Profile of Tikibrand Send a personal message to Tikibrand  Email Tikibrand     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-31 2:45 pm   Permalink

hey hey...

Like the song a lot.
Cool changes and a nifty demo and a good idea.
You're not too far.

I wasn't sure about the melody in the "Paradise..." section and right around there.
Sounded like I wanted to stay minor and you were going major.

The uke sounds right on. Good timing - sure tones.

Yeah, man.
Yeah.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-31 6:40 pm   Permalink

That is way Finkin' cool Daddy! I agree add a back beat to bug out to and your going gold.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-02 8:49 pm   Permalink

Hey Finkdaddy

Nice sound, wondering if your available for my kids Bar Mitzhav?

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 12:27 pm   Permalink

Hey Finkdaddy -- dude, that sounds great!

I agree with Pablus in that the melodic definition is a bit unclear with how it jives up with the melody in those spots, but I think I hear where you're going with it.

I like the tune, braddah. Now, let's get it onto vinyl with some steel and bass!

T

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 2:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone! I think I see what you mean about the melody. You're trying to say that the vocals and the uke don't quite jive in the "paradise" parts. I think you're right too. I'll tweek it a bit and post the results! I think that happened because I had the the words and melody written in my head months before I actually got the uke, so maybe I forced it a bit. And yes TikiLaLe, I do Bar Mitzvahs!

Much more to come. Mahalo!!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-07 6:54 pm   Permalink

I dig it - I have to agree about the Paradise bits.. I think that melody should be spun off into your next hit tho!

Great work! More more more!!

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-12 4:50 pm   Permalink

Ok everyone, I think I fixed the paradise part. I was trying to record this with my 4 kids in the room, so quality is less than sublime, but I'm not trying to cut an album or anything here. Let me know what you think.

E Inu 'Oe Ike Aha

Mahalo!!

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 04:58 am   Permalink

Thats pretty kool man

thats the first time Ive got a chance to listen to any of your stuff, not bad

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation