Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki New York burlesque festival
New York burlesque festival
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-31 2:46 pm   Permalink

I was wondering if anyone is attending any of the NYC burlesque festival which is this weekend (Sept. 2,3,4)? I am thinking of going on the Sunday boatride event, anyone else going to any of the shows? Fisherman is supposed to play at some point.

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-31 3:48 pm   Permalink

I will be attending the entire weekend (actual dates are Sept 1, 2,and 3rd). If you had to choose one event, I would select the Saturday evening gala at the Supper Club, as that is the main night for the weekend. From the photos I have seen, the Supper Club setting would be great for a big Burlesque show. The tickets may be pricier that evening, but it will be well worth it.

The Fisherman is playing on Saturday, as a member of the National Burlesque Orchestra, which will also include members of the New York City Blue Devils - I have heard them, and they are great.

http://www.thenewyorkburlesquefestival.com/

If anyone else is attending, and wishes to meet at Otto's Shrunken Head (or other location) for drinks, let me know.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-01 12:12 pm   Permalink

My friend "Gypsy Charms" is going, she runs the The Academy of Striptease & Burlesque Scotlandso if anyone meets her you can freak her out calling her by her real name of "sara".

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation