FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Sam's Seafood open!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Sam's Seafood open!
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-18 7:50 pm   Permalink

Amen Bruddah,
I was there from 6 to 8:15 last night.
and your cd was playing again, as well as IZ.
and he had mentioned that you had just been in there.

One of the 12 of us in the group was talking to him, and he had mentioned that you were wanting to play there.
I think that would be a perfect call.

then around 8 ish, a horribly loud classic rock/blues band came on,
and I ran outta there as fast as cockroaches run, when you flick on the kitchen light.
they gotta get Tikiyaki, Menahunes, Martini kings and some slack key players in there on a regular basis,

what do you think about surf bands done quietly there?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-18 11:16 pm   Permalink

OK...Soccer Tiki called me from there and reported the CD being played too...Looks like The TC crowd is making a presence there.

That's good....I think KONA has good potential.

It's time for a TC night there.

Surf bands ? I think it would work.

I'm gonna be working on this situation big time....I really wanna play there.

You were there at 6 ? I must have missed you by minutes.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2008-05-18 23:17 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-20 8:41 pm   Permalink

I am glad that Sam's spirit seems to be still alive in the new Kona. I think that I might be able to go check it out on Saturday. I will be in OC and could stop in for an early dinner. How is on the menu? When is the sunset menu offered and what is on that?

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-20 10:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-20 20:41, sparklegem wrote:
I am glad that Sam's spirit seems to be still alive in the new Kona. I think that I might be able to go check it out on Saturday. I will be in OC and could stop in for an early dinner. How is on the menu? When is the sunset menu offered and what is on that?

Sunset menu is 4-6. Grilled Mahi Tacos, Tikiyaki..errrrr...Teriyaki Chicken, and a few others....Good stuff.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-21 6:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-20 22:12, tikiyaki wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-05-20 20:41, sparklegem wrote:

Sunset menu is 4-6. Grilled Mahi Tacos, Tikiyaki..errrrr...Teriyaki Chicken, and a few others....Good stuff.

Here's the website that gives you all the facts......
http://www.samshb.com/

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-21 10:20 pm   Permalink

is that current , with the name change and all?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-21 11:11 pm   Permalink

That's RAD! I'm glad to hear that it's working out. Surf bands would be great! Definitely better than classic rock....yeah, I know what I said earlier....and I'm stoked that some of our bands are getting played there.

Now, what about the drinks?? Do they get that right too? Maybe we can get them to get a Grog Log...

Sucks that the sign is changing, but that compromise is change that I can live with...

Awesome.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-21 11:16 pm   Permalink

I don't know about them changing the drink Recipes as they say that they found them in th e basement, But did they have coconut rum back in the day???
I think not.
but what ever drink you get. ask for a bunch of lime wedges to squeeze into it and it makes them alot better, and less sweet.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 11:37 am   Permalink

Thank you for the link! Sounds terrific. We will try to make it on Saturday.

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TraderJohn
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-27 5:04 pm   Permalink

Sam's Update http://la.eater.com/archives/2008/05/27/tikiwire_farewell_sams_aloha_kona.php

View Profile of TraderJohn Send a personal message to TraderJohn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 12:11 pm   Permalink

thanks for posting that sir,
seems Sam's Kona is really trying to make a great comeback.
if you get a drink, get some lime wedges to squeeze into them,
it helps trust me.

My parents went there on Sun. and said that the new owner is open to having partys and bands in the back room again.

yeeees.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 1:44 pm   Permalink

Keep your eyes open for June 15th...!!

And remember, unless the place gets filled with Tikiphiles on a regular basis, you KNOW what is going to happen! Yeah, you guessed it! Beyonce over the PA system, hooter's style waitresses and a just another sport's bar experience!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 1:46 pm   Permalink

I just noticed an odd coincedence!

Both Tikiyaki and myself have 634 posts under our belts, and we both joined TC in may of '04!!

Fate??

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-05-28 2:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-28 13:46, lucas vigor wrote:
I just noticed an odd coincedence!

Both Tikiyaki and myself have 634 posts under our belts, and we both joined TC in may of '04!!

Fate??

Yes, maybe you two should get married at Sam's or Oops I mean Kona but be sure to give Big Tiki Dude plenty of advance notice so he can make it.

Where are you registered?

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 2:11 pm   Permalink

Bed, Bath and Beyond......in Palm Springs!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation