FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki 1959 Lithograph McVicker Polynesian fire dance
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
1959 Lithograph McVicker Polynesian fire dance
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 11:06 pm   Permalink

I'll leave it to thegreenman to respond further if he wants to. But I still think bringing up a 2 year old post to show everyone how to bootleg something someone has just said they own and want to reproduce for sale is not too cool. I don't care who's brother got the print done. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-TONGA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 11:53 pm   Permalink

Actually I think it's pretty cool of me to help expose the bootlegger to thegreenman. He's got nowhere to hide now. That dreadful pixel thief!

View Profile of TIKI-TONGA Send a personal message to TIKI-TONGA  Email TIKI-TONGA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-30 12:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-29 18:00, TIKI-TONGA wrote:
Information must flow freely both in the real world and here on TC.

Yes TIKI-TONGA, I agree information should be exchanged freely, but someones personally owned images should not. And by digging up and bringing back that old thread makes it seem that you condone or encourage making your own bootleg. Especially when you posted the wallpaper image first, and then after, the link to the copied print from tikiracers collection... It's pretty obvious that the only person who had the access to supply the jpg image of the artwork was TC'er thegreenman, in the first place. The original owner of the art.

When I read your two posts with the links, i seen it like this: "Fugg it, take the .jpg scan and doit yourself, tikiracer did..."

Whether or not you meant it like that, only you would know. But that's how it looks in my eyes, and I'm pretty sure that is how the owner took it too, based on his very last reply under that link you reposted:
Quote:

thegreenman wrote:
"Okay that saves me a lot of trouble. Nothing wrong with that picture at all. Looks great. I'll just take a few nice digital pictures of it, post them and you all can do what you want with them."

Quote:

On 2009-03-29 18:00, TIKI-TONGA wrote:
My link to tikicar's post very much pertained to the discussion on this thread, and I have no regrets about posting it.

TIKI-TONGA, I don't want, or expect you to regret what you have posted. I would only ask that you think clearly about what you are about to post in the future, because just as in life, there are repercussions to your actions. In this case, a few interested people including yourself, loses the possibility of owning a professionally done reprint of this art piece.

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2009-03-30 00:21 ]

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thegreenman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-30 04:55 am   Permalink

Guys it's not a big deal....If I was worried about the image being copied I would have watermarked it. It's pretty low quality, and you get out what you put in.

Like Sven said, it's not the frigin Mona Lisa.

Relax, have a Navy Grog, and Listen to some Denny....Life's too short to spend it worrying about this stuff.

View Profile of thegreenman Send a personal message to thegreenman  Email thegreenman Goto the website of thegreenman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-TONGA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-30 08:41 am   Permalink

Amen thegreenman! No need to get your pantys in a twist people.

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI-TONGA 2009-03-30 08:41 ]

View Profile of TIKI-TONGA Send a personal message to TIKI-TONGA  Email TIKI-TONGA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-TONGA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-30 08:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-27 18:06, thegreenman wrote:

I'll just take a few nice digital hires pictures of it, post them and you all can do what you want with them.

Thank you thegreenman, I think some people missed this offer in your post. Now those of us who are interested can make our own professionally done reprint of this art piece.

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI-TONGA 2009-03-30 09:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI-TONGA 2009-03-30 09:04 ]

Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-16 2:42 pm   Permalink

Back when thegreenman originally posted this he had a link to the full size image that he had originally taken. I did grab a copy and made a desktop image from it, which has been my background for the last couple years. I LOVE this image and would certainly like to purchase a nice print of it if they are ever made available. I certainly wouldn't have even thought to try and make my own print from the image available - it just isn't high enough quality. I would have pulled my offer if thegreenman ever asked me to do so - not that it makes much difference, as no one has ever asked me for a copy of it.

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation