Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Cockspur's "Old Gold"
Cockspur's "Old Gold"
TraderJonah
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-05 9:17 pm   Permalink

This is currently $9.99 at BevMo. Thoughts? I'm assuming that this rum is along the lines of Mt. Gay, since both are from Barbados. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as always.

View Profile of TraderJonah Send a personal message to TraderJonah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-06 07:44 am   Permalink

I'm at work and don't have the books in front of me, but I'm pretty sure Beachbum Berry says to avoid Cockspur, in the opening sections about rum in "Grog Log" and "Intoxica."

Please correct if my recollection is wrong.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 09:36 am   Permalink

Cockspur is good and expensive; Mount Gay is good and cheep.
Jeff Berry

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-09-06 10:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-06 07:44, Rum Balls wrote:
I'm at work and don't have the books in front of me, but I'm pretty sure Beachbum Berry says to avoid Cockspur, in the opening sections about rum in "Grog Log" and "Intoxica."

Please correct if my recollection is wrong.

I think that he said to avoid Rhum Negrita because it was harsh and candy-like, but I don't have the book with me now because I'm at work.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 11:05 am   Permalink

You people who access TC at work are a disgrace. And you keep distracting me with your posts because I'm trying to work here. C'mon 5 o'clock...

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 1:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-06 10:59, thejab wrote:

I think that he said to avoid Rhum Negrita because it was harsh and candy-like, but I don't have the book with me now because I'm at work.

You should bring it with you wherever you go. It's like American Express.

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls

Posted: 2006-09-07 11:55 am   Permalink

Thanks for the correction on Cockspur and Rhum Negrita. I guess what I need to do is have copies of Grog Log and Intoxica here at work, too!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-21 10:37 pm   Permalink

Cockspur is on sale at Bev Mor for 6.99 right now, they claim 15.99 is the normal price,I'm not sure how long this sale goes on. I also found Taylor falernum there.

Life is a state of mind

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TraderJonah
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-07 10:38 pm   Permalink

The old gold is awesome. At $6.99 you really can't beat the price. This is just as good as Mt. Gay Eclipse at about the half the price. Get it while you can, because I'm sure it's going to be discontinued. On a related note BevMo is now selling Plymouth Gin at $10.99. That's 50% off~!

View Profile of TraderJonah Send a personal message to TraderJonah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation