FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Dark Tiki's Spooky Luau Closing Party Oct 27th 2006
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Dark Tiki's Spooky Luau Closing Party Oct 27th 2006
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 3:49 pm   Permalink

Holy Flat-top, that thing looks awe-mazing. Did you make 1 or 200?

Who the heck is Ernie Keen???

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 5:32 pm   Permalink

If you watch the show " I love the 70's " , Ernie was a famous robot dancer on the Gong Show !

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 6:37 pm   Permalink

Wasn't that Gene Gene, the dancing Machine?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-10-05 6:59 pm   Permalink

Glad you like it Cammo. It looks even better in person.

Ernie was one of the kids from MY THREE SONS.

Ernie Keen is the hack artist who does the Bamboo Ben comic
for Tiki Magazine.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-05 8:49 pm   Permalink

WOOOOHOOO! SoccerTiki and I are looking forward to seeing some of the things we missed and the Tiki & Terror Show.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 08:43 am   Permalink

GROG lie!
Gene Gene-the Dancing Machine do Bamboo Ben comic!
GROG should only make 1,000 FrankenMoais.Good Round Number!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 2:34 pm   Permalink

One copy of each Heather Watts'"Offerings" and "Insert Coin" prints will be for sale at the show on Saturday. These paintings are in the Tiki Art Now 3 show, both have sold.

See you there!

Exhibition and Reception
Saturday, October 7th, 2006
at Enchanted Deva's Last Wish Revenge N' Treasures</b>
(LA’s only dedicated Pirate store!)
5050 Vineland Avenue
North Hollywood, CA 91601
http://www.myspace.com/EnchantedDevas
6p.m. - 12 a.m.

The Tikis and Terrors Safari Company presents:
The Spooky Luau Group Art Show
(a continuation, with new additions of the
Tikis and Terrors II: the 2006 Lost Expedition)

Idols, Artifacts, Curios and Oddities
collected and catalogued by surviving expedition members

Signed numbered edition giclee prints of artist <b>Heather Watts’ paintings Insert Coin" and Offerings” will be for sale at this show along with works by Kirsten Easthope, Derek Yaniger, Crazy Al, Squid, Kalynn Cambell, Tom "THOR" Thordarson, Sam Gambino, David Lozeau, Steven "Tiki Racer" Foote, Mark Swanson, Tiki Tony, Ernie Keen, D.W. Frydendall, Johnny "Pinstriper" Steur, Susannah Mosher, Dispikable Pirates, Eric Zerkel, Ken Ruzic, Adriana Galvez, Joe Vitale, Dave Burke, Dave Silva, Tiki King, The Pizz, Gris Grimly, Tiki-Ray, Kirby, Louis Hansell, Mike Sosnowski, Scott Tolleson, Brad Parker "TikiShark"...and more...

[ This Message was edited by: DJLee 2006-10-06 14:35 ]

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-10-07 3:47 pm   Permalink

See ya'll tonight.

GROG

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-07 6:05 pm   Permalink

ernie, fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful and different.......I am blown away by how amazing that is...

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-08 09:08 am   Permalink

WOOOHOOO!! Revenge is a Must See Extraordinary Pirate Shop.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-08 10:24 am   Permalink

It was great meeting everyone! Squid, Mrs. Squid, Sam, Ken, Kirby, Grog, Dark Tiki, Dark Tiki's Mom, and everyone else whos name I forgot, all the folks who showed up - Teri, Scott, Vic, Kev, Doc Skinner, Eric, and my best buddy the Pakistani Prince. Plus thanks to the fine wenches running the REVENGE! Pirate Store! ARRRRRHH!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-10-08 11:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-07 18:05, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
ernie, fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful and different.......I am blown away by how amazing that is...

Amy

Thanks Amy.
GROG can bring it to your party if you'd like to see it in person.

Thanks Christian and Revenge Treasures(awesome store!) for having the Spooky Luau show. You've managed to get a great bunch of extremely talented, super-nice artists together for this show.Plus Kirby.And thank you to the people who came out to see the show.

Brad, GROG REALLY looking forward to seeing your show in November.It was good you hung the glowing shark painting up high.GROG could barely see the numbers in the areas where you
didn't get your paint completely opaque.

GROG really enjoyed hanging with the artists, plus Kirby, and seeing your awesome work. It's very inspiring stuff. Makes GROG want to paint, and GROG extremely lazy
artist. Maybe if GROG watch TV awhile the feeling will go away. Ken, you are a machine.GROG not know how you do it.
GROG can't beleieve how reasonable you guys have your stuff priced.GROG tempted to buy one of each from everybody, and GROG is cheap bastard, as Kirby will attest.

GROG will have to see if GROG can get GROG's lazy ass going and crank out a pirate drawing for Christian's coloring book.

Awesome stuff you guys!

GROG

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-08 11:05 pm   Permalink

Hey Gang!
Fun Show-Amazing Talent and Brain Pool! Mahalos Christian and Crystal and your mom and everyone who participated,the artists,the store staff, and the attendees.I'd like to thank the Academy....blah!blah! Well here's some pictures of some of the amazing art and hijinx that night...

The Show will be up until the 21st (i think!) so give the place a visit!
It'll Swash yer buckles!

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-10 11:48 am   Permalink

That was a fun show!!...It was great to finally meet Squid and family and see Kirby, Ernie, LLT and Dark Tiki again. Along with the great art there is some really cool pirate swag...

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-11 08:58 am   Permalink

Aloha!
Went to the Enchanted Devas myspace and found this special photo from the Spooky Luau. I will post it without permission,so I hope Woohoo isn't angry with me! Here's a shot for the ages...
Darktiki/Squid/Little Lost Tiki/and I'm not sure how GROG got in the picture, but that's him!
That "thumbs up" is CLASSIC!

Please Feel Free to remove our heads and photoshop them on animal bodies or something!

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2006-10-11 09:35 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation