FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki La Mariana for sale! Only 3 million!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
La Mariana for sale! Only 3 million!
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-07 08:01 am   Permalink

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060907/NEWS01/609080328/1001

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
net-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-07 11:15 am   Permalink

This story reminded me that I just got some of the mai tai bowls Gecko did for this bar. I wrote to him and he wrote back this:

Net-tiki howzit my braddah, long time I neva get to talk to my ohana from tc....running a resin and tiki mug business and being da only employee does not allow me to much time fo talk story anymore....just fo right now, I'll get back on there soon.

I had to adjust da shipping for everyone because my ebay lister put da wrong shipping cuz. It's only $15 for 2 mugs, not $20. K'den my braddah, t'anks planty, tell dem braddahs from tc I miss'um!! oh, I get some nice new desings at da end of da month including a buy it now limited edition mug that will be on ebay so when they go dat's it.

Shaka braddah Net!!!

You gotta love it when Gecko says braddah. Anyways the bowls look very nice, I cant wait to get them in my gubby little hands.

View Profile of net-tiki Send a personal message to net-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-07 3:57 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2008-09-16 14:18 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-07 4:15 pm   Permalink

Tell SHAG to buy this thing.....NOW!!!!!!!!!!

I heard tikiskip is looking for a new restaurant too!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-07 5:59 pm   Permalink

Ms. Annette, what a special lady and the oasis she created! It can never be replaced, it is her glow and warmth passed to each visitor. Hopefully the gods will smile upon her and the La Mariana to find the right person/s to carry her torch! Beautiful are my thoughts of time there, I hope to return soon.
Serene.

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-07 7:17 pm   Permalink

Alex I'll take bottom feeders for $200.00. Who said " Mug collectors are the bottom feeders of tiki"? Anyone?

Jeff If I had 3 MILLON bucks I would Not be looking for another restaurant,
Unless it was to eat in!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
net-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-07 7:35 pm   Permalink

Bay Park Buzzy! What do I win!

[ This Message was edited by: net-tiki 2006-09-07 19:36 ]

View Profile of net-tiki Send a personal message to net-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-08 06:38 am   Permalink

Since you are from California you will get one free math class.
Because Buzzy says you can't do simple mathematics.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 08:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-07 19:17, tikiskip wrote:

Jeff If I had 3 MILLON bucks I would Not be looking for another restaurant,
Unless it was to eat in!

I guess your right.

If you had 3 million dollars to blow this would be a good deal though. Just look at all the cool artifacts you could add to your home. Crap, you would need another home too!! HA!!

Oh well,

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 08:24 am   Permalink

If you could move in upstairs, good deal. But just for the restaurant, and knowing they have this contingent lease coming up is a big issue. If you convert more of it to your home and just sort of have the business to allow you to live there, it might work out. $3 million for a big home like that is likely not a lot...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 09:06 am   Permalink

La Mariana is the last "true" Tiki lounge in this tropical paradise of Hawaii, .....
Paradise??
O.K. maybe "crack" is the new island "economy" in a place where a "family member" will daily rape another family member, and repeat offending thugs stomp on the heads of unconscious bike riders in Waianae ...as if it were just another baby luau.
That is precisely why Hawaii needs La Mariana.
Tiki's restaurant in Waikiki is lame except for some sparse- (but great Gecko) art. And I can't even think of another Tiki lounge in Hawaii.
So since it is a "known fact" that everyone in California is a mogul in the entertainment industry, and a rich bizillionaire, somebody, (somebody please!) hold off your penis enhancement surgery and cough up a measly 3 million from the back seat of your Hummer, and at least move La Mariana off of stinkin' Sand Island Road and closer to my house in Kailua.
Ahhhh, Kailua .....where there are still rainbows, and happy faces and unicorns............

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 09:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-08 09:06, HelloTiki wrote:
La Mariana is the last "true" Tiki lounge in this tropical paradise of Hawaii, .....
Paradise??
O.K. maybe "crack" is the new island "economy" in a place where a "family member" will daily rape another family member, and repeat offending thugs stomp on the heads of unconscious bike riders in Waianae ...as if it were just another baby luau.
That is precisely why Hawaii needs La Mariana.
Tiki's restaurant in Waikiki is lame except for some sparse- (but great Gecko) art. And I can't even think of another Tiki lounge in Hawaii.
So since it is a "known fact" that everyone in California is a mogul in the entertainment industry, and a rich bizillionaire, somebody, (somebody please!) hold off your penis enhancement surgery and cough up a measly 3 million from the back seat of your Hummer, and at least move La Mariana off of stinkin' Sand Island Road and closer to my house in Kailua.
Ahhhh, Kailua .....where there are still rainbows, and happy faces and unicorns............

Hmmmm, you have a good point. A fixer upper in CA (SF) is about 1 million...house in CA or wonderful tiki establishment in Nirvana. Jeez, if I had the cash it wouldn't be hard choice. I'm with HelloTiki...CA billionaires, awesome opportunity here!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 10:54 am   Permalink

Okay! If I win the $114 Million Mega Lotto Jackpot tonight, La Mariana is mine! If not, I hope somebody comes up with the dough before she dies and the state takes over.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 2:37 pm   Permalink

My last trip to Oahu was about the same time I became a TC member, and I didn't even know about La Mariana. With our annual trips to Maui, we have been bypassing Honolulu (for some obvious reasons). BUT I feel we must make a side trip to Honolulu to visit La Mariana before it is sold and any changes made. Our next trip to Maui is planned mid to late November. I would love to meet Annette and Gecko there!

- Myke

[ This Message was edited by: tikiwinebear 2006-09-08 14:38 ]

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 8:33 pm   Permalink

Buy it Myke! What da heck?!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation