FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Your holy grail...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Your holy grail...
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-25 4:14 pm   Permalink

So whats is that one item that you are dying to find and have? Possibly that velvet leeteg painting, or those killer witco stools, or maybe evan that elusive viscious virgin mug? So what the item that keep you scouring those thrift store?

Me personally it's gotta be one of those lamps that ol laney girl snap up.The one with the starfish in it, man what I wouldnt do for one of those.Im sure some one will come up with something that will make me change my mind, but for the moment, thats what keeps me going, finding one of those bad boys at my local store for 5 bucks,HA.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-25 9:59 pm   Permalink

A Mark Thomas Outrigger mug.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-26 09:14 am   Permalink

My Holy Grail is actually a wish-list of items that I will never obtain!

Kahiki Moai
Flanking the entrance to my house.

Wall of Tropical Fish
In the entrance foyer.

Kahiki Fireplace
On the main wall in my Polynesian room.

Pitcairn Neon Googie Sign
Mounted on the wall opposite of the Kahiki fireplace.

Kon-Tiki Neon Sign
In my tropical backyard oasis just before you enter the grotto.

1961 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible
In the garage.

And the piece-de-resistance...

Big Daddy Olu - In MY front yard!

HEY, A GUY CAN DREAM RIGHT?!

* * * The Polynesian Popster * * *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-12-26 09:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-12-26 09:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-12-26 09:26 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-26 10:05 am   Permalink

Keep house hunting, pop, maybe you'll find all this in a house! It's not healthy to want so much you can't have!
Seriously, the things I really want are a Witco fountain and the Firedancers Art piece to go with my lamp. Most of the fun is finding tikis at a killer price so I take what I can get. I did drop some dough on my witco bars as a gift to myself for selling my condo. I earned it! The few mugs I really want are my Mom's and she wont let me have them until she dies. They have memories and stories attached which make them far more valueable than the high prices they could fetch on ebay.
Non-tiki wise I want a '59 Cadi. Eldo. convert.or a '53 Cadi. Eldo. convert. like my Dad had (good luck finding the '53) I'll keep dreaming!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-26 10:52 am   Permalink

I know... my holy grail stuff is just beyond fantasy. Now, realistically, my holy grail stuff would include things like an original Mai Kai or Kahiki Mystery Drink bowl. Still, I'm too cheap to dish out the cash required to obtain one.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-26 11:58 am   Permalink

I agree - my holy grail is a Mauna Loa mug, which can be aquired for about 200 of my Canadian dollars on Ebay. But to me, that would take all the fun out if it. The point of a holy grail is really the long, arduous crusade of looking for it - not the simple handing over of scads of cash!!!

So, I continue to scour thrift stores from Toronto to Toledo....

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-26 1:47 pm   Permalink

Well, it's not exactly a Holy Grail, but I keep looking for a pair of those silly little glasses with ribs around the botton that many tiki places served a drink in called a Deep Sea Diver, or a Skin Diver, or a Pearl Diver or some kind o' diver or other. I've always figured they would be super easy to find, but Nooooo. Finding these glasses is driving me crazy.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-26 1:51 pm   Permalink

I want this mug from the Kona Hawaii. It's not all that rare, but, I like it.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-26 2:04 pm   Permalink

That's one my Mom has. I saved it from her paintbrushes and pens. I want that one too but have to wait for her to die. I like having my Mom around more but if she upsets me..... Last one sold on ebay for $75+ I hope I don't run into Al at a tiki yard sale! It's on!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-26 4:34 pm   Permalink

There is a Tiki still life painted by August Holland that is my holiest of grails.

It depicts a Tiki holding a bowl, and light from inside the bowl is illuminating the tiki. He is standing to one side of a bowl of fruit, and the background is a blue wash with tikis subtly placed in the design. The foreground is a reflective surface with the tiki and background being present as reflections.

I WANT THE ORIGINAL!!!

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-12-26 4:59 pm   Permalink

Laney,

I hope nothing happens to your mom, kinda unexpectedly, if ya know what I mean (wink, wink).

OC Homicide might not understand all the posts refering to items you desire of hers but must wait until her passing to get!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-26 5:46 pm   Permalink

'Nuff Said??

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 12:09 am   Permalink

I'm still scouring the net and the thrift stores for the elusive polynesian, alabaster, ibex moai as seen here at the Trader Vics in Beverly Hilly with LapuRocker. Still easily the most sought after and rarest tiki collectable.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
divychic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 06:44 am   Permalink

I hear ya GeekyTiki that was also on my wish list along with the puffer fish light set. I can handle on a print thou. But I'm in hog heaven when I find anything at the thrift store-here in Bradenton, Florida you're extremely lucky to find much at all. The snowbirds don't bring much when their here except the essentials to stay at their condos.

View Profile of divychic Send a personal message to divychic  Email divychic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 11:07 am   Permalink

I want a crisp photo of a stylish beehived early 60's beauty drinking out of that damn headhunter mug at Ren Clark's. The ultimate image of modern primitivism!
It must exist somewhere somehow. I mean would you not have posed with that mug for giggles at the time?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation