FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events CrazyAL Retrospective Show Walk-through, Sat Oct 21st... pg4
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
CrazyAL Retrospective Show Walk-through, Sat Oct 21st... pg4
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 12:17 pm   Permalink

thanks for all who came out to Long Beach and supported the locals, dropping by my both although i was not there, to check out what was new and old.

Let's do it again in Hollywood!!! Fri Oct 13th at 8:00PM
'la Luz de Jesus Gallery'
4633 Hollywood Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90027
Phone 323-666-7667 Fax 323-663-0243
800-YRU-POOP

Enjoy a fantastic set of old school Hawaiian jams with
THE SMOKE'N MENEHUNES!!!!!
at my.........
Ten Year Retrospective Show commemorating
CrazyAL Tiki#3 "King Tiki" sculpted Ten Years Ago in October......."21st Century Tiki Show" 10/04/96

a note from Otto V.S.
"In 1996 I co-curated "20th Century Tiki" at La Luz de Jesus Gallery. It was the first Tiki art gallery show ever and spawned many others around the country. The success of that show and the publicity it generated sparked the current Tiki art movement. Meanwhile I had met Crazy Al and had been following his career as a creator of miniatures and a budding Tiki carver. It is no accident that Al's inclusion in that show has led to his 10-year retrospective happening at La Luz in October. His obvious talent and singular creations makes him stand out from the crowd."

I hope to see you all on another Fri in Oct. at La Luz, Oct.13th, where Tiki#3 Mug will debut at my retrospective show.
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/ALshow.html

The King is "10 inches tall" Oh'my! and holds a wap'in 28oz!!

Only 50 hand painted two toned mugs will be made. Available only through La Luz De Jesus Gallery starting Oct 13th,'06.

For the 'King', I've developed a 'Royal Gold' Glazing technique of Purple and Gold. At first it appears to be a tiki brown but then the hues of purple and gold show through.
(no metallic colors have been used)

There will also be available an edition of 100 without the two toned extra application.

Spacial Glazing, Resin Bone and War Club Miniature add-on's... I'm still working out the kinks and pricing.... I think my Bone is two Big... or at least to Long.....might need a trip to the Rabi..

Don't knock Holden till you walk a mile in his 'Chon-es'... making cool crap is slow go and frustrating. But worth it!?!
I think a just paid out a record for a 'per-price' on production. Why do people look at you cock-eyed when you ask them to make it look like the original sculpt......?
Creating a tiki mug that looks like a 'tiki' and not a 'mug' is a bitch, at least to make it some what affordable.

Stay tuned for more details..........

Five More Tikis! of the past ten years... to delicate to brave the elements of LB... will be on hand and never before seen Bone Production artifacts and CrazyAL Crap on display...

And new Product.. me hopes... like these

AND!!!!.................................

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2006-09-20 23:13 ]

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2006-09-28 09:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2006-09-28 09:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2006-10-02 07:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2006-10-17 15:51 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2006-09-09 12:18 pm   Permalink

Another "Can't Miss" event!!!! la luz de Jesus is a great gallery. Tons of fun stuff throughout the store! I saw Al's Tikis at the Long Beach Tiki Fest...It will be great to see them inside with all the good lighting! Tiki Ti is just down the street....Makes for a great evening!
WoooooHooooooOOOOO!

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-10-12 10:44 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-09 7:24 pm   Permalink

Crazy AL,

Your work is inspirational! I really liked the feature o you in TIKI MAGAZINE. Here's my question, how did you acquire all your Tikis back for the retrospective. Did you have a current list of contact information on everyone who has purchased one of your tikis? It sounds like a huge task!

Brad~
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)
[img]http://tikiroom.com/img/5514x538c224a.jpg[

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-10 4:47 pm   Permalink

it was a bit of an ordeal, but mostly because folks freaked out that there tiki would be missing... retrospectives happen all the time in museum and gallery shows, but i guess tikis have a bit more connected to those who own them.

this was a trip to N.Cal to retrieve vintage APE tikis and others....

I planned the road trip to SF during the SF Pub Craw, so it was not all that bad.

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-10 9:09 pm   Permalink

When do we get out tikis back?!?

Arrrr!!!

Anything for uncle C'Al.!!

The La Luz show is gonna be da kine!!!!!!!

Do not miss it!!!!

Party at Svens house after Tiki Ti closes ?

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-11 2:23 pm   Permalink

Even if Sven isn't around???
sweet, does he have a pool??
ha ha ha
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-11 10:49 pm   Permalink

Da Big T- Dude was one of my first costomers... hanging out at the HB Surf Museum watching Shag play in the Tiki Tones in the parking lot!! had to replace at least one key chain of his in the past ten years......

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-12 8:36 pm   Permalink

Al,
Yeah I bought a Shag/Lono tiki pendant from you also.
I know I still have it somewhere around here, just wish I could find it and sport it at an event.
Congrats on all the great work and sucess over the Years Al.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

we gonna hit the Tiki Ti before and after???

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2006-09-12 20:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2006-09-12 20:39 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-19 9:42 pm   Permalink

Al, cool stuff and congrats. I left you personal meesage Tuesday night . Call me , Tiki-Ray

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-28 09:57 am   Permalink

i got the glaze worked out for the Oct 13th show!! now i just have to get them all done in time.......eeeek

pics and explanation up top

AND!!!! the SMOKE'N MENEHUNES!!!!!! TOOOO!

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2006-09-28 10:26 ]

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-28 11:37 am   Permalink

Oh yeah, we are going to be there for sure! I am looking forward to this, and of course, we consider it an honor!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-28 1:46 pm   Permalink

Ten years later and now you are hitting us with three years worth of work all at once. That was the plan all along.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rdtikidog
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-30 08:42 am   Permalink

is anybody going early? i've got to have one of those slamming mugs. i've been to the store "Wacko" that the gallery is connected to, and seen the gallery but never been to an opening there.

View Profile of rdtikidog Send a personal message to rdtikidog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-01 11:40 am   Permalink

We are really looking forward to coming to this great show, and seeing the Amazing Al in action!! Tiki Ti's sounds great after, any excuse for a few cocktails!!!
Looking forward to meeting a few of you guys and hanging out.
See you then!
Sue and Dave.

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-01 3:09 pm   Permalink

Good luck with the show Al, let me know when the regular version of #3 is ready to go on your site. Those door handles are the business - I think I'll need a pair for my rock cupboard!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation