FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events CrazyAL Retrospective Show Walk-through, Sat Oct 21st... pg4
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
CrazyAL Retrospective Show Walk-through, Sat Oct 21st... pg4
TravelingJones

Posted: 2006-10-15 4:07 pm   Permalink

Great pic's thanks for sharing the show! ...newly exposed to the wonders of Crazy Al's many talents, I kneel with humbled mien.

Onward to another 10 C'Al!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-16 3:29 pm   Permalink

Wow what a night. The whole drive out I was wondering how long the line was going to be, and hoping the rock line wouldn't have started again. Well I was pleasantly surprised to find only 4 people in line, in fact I walked in and went right past the register where the King Tikis were being sold. I was a little overwhelmed with the what else was in the store having never been there. So I got my mug, then met up with Dr.TikiMojo across the street to make a tiki mug trade and also get my Gecko wall sconce, and then I cruised the store/gallery while enjoying the tunes. Smokin' Menehunes were Outstanding! And the King Tiki mug is my new favorite...absolutely amazing job Crazy Al!!

Now for a bit off topic...

The whole drive home east on the 210 I enjoyed a nice lightning display only to realize later that that particular thunderstorm was located just north of my house near the Cajon Pass. I got home to Berdoo at 11:30 anxious to show my sick girlfriend the loot and rub it about what she missed out on, only to find my neighborhood is flooded, complete with stalled cars in front of my house. No damage to my house, but the rushing water was about 2 feet deep at the gutter and my sidewalks were 6" deep rivers. My entire backyard had 2" of water on it. Once I got the car parked on high ground and made it into the house with the goods my smile came right back. Fortunately nothing was ruined in the backyard but once everything had dryed out I had quite a muddy mess to clean up.

[ This Message was edited by: Berdoo John 2006-10-16 15:34 ]

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-17 2:39 pm   Permalink

Happy hour at Tiki Ti? Do you really need to ask????? Now if I can just get you to bring me my freakin' mugs I'll be able to sip a Ray's Mistake from #2. Great show! We had a blast. See ya Sat.

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-17 3:49 pm   Permalink

that's right TikiTi Sat. and your favorite Mug
ARTIST's WALK-THROUGH
CrazyAL Retrospective Show
&
New Product release

SAT. OCT. 21st
4:30 PM
'La Luz De Jesus Gallery'
4633 Hollywood Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90027
Phone 323-666-7667

I will give a guided walk through of the 'Bone Productions' display case and discussion of the various tikis of the show.
Extra edited items of the show will be displayed as well.
ALSO:
I'll be releasing the first of my NEW 'Tiki Drawer Pulls'.
Get these that afternoon and save the shipping. These items may not be sold to retail shops, and only available through mail order.
New 'Adrift' CrazyAL T's of Tiki #2!!
Signing of Tiki Magazines, and Otto's Tiki Art Books, Ape CD's
all will be available.

See You at The TIKI TI Happy Hour Afterwards!!!!!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-17 3:54 pm   Permalink

I'm all over that Al, since I missed the big show last Fri.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-18 06:56 am   Permalink

Wow!

What a great show! Thanks for all the pictures.

Al, it has been great to see you grow as a tiki artist over that past 6 or so years. Your work is fun and varied. And the process as entertainment with APE (as well as on your own) ads to the excitment and unique quality of your work.

The show at La Luz is great recognition for your talents and dedication.

I remember one of Shags first shows at La Luz. I hope that your renowned as a tiki artist follows a similar path and widespread recognition.

Also, thanks for the friendship and shared shenanigans over the years.

Balmy regards,

TB

P.S. Denny's haircut looks really good!

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-18 08:58 am   Permalink

-TB
P.S. Denny's haircut looks really good!-

is that some kind of 'back-handed' Southern hospitality???
Are you saying i should trim the hedges???? or what?????

the 'Lobster Maraca Man' Rules!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-21 09:41 am   Permalink

see you all at 4:30!

if you are picking up your pre-paid #1mug... drop me a reminder before 2:30....

squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-21 12:01 pm   Permalink

Wouldn't miss it!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-21 12:17 pm   Permalink

I am thinkin I'll be there!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-21 1:06 pm   Permalink

I have to go! Squid owes me $5 and a ciggie!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-21 9:00 pm   Permalink

Squid ROCKS!!!!!!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-21 9:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks Al! That was really great to hear all those behind-the-scenes stories. Nice to know that we've all had to go through similar trials and tribulations to get to where we are. (uh...where am I?) Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! You've come a long way baby!

Let's do it again in another 10.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-21 9:50 pm   Permalink

Al, did you make those Hula Dolls?? Pretty Sswheat.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 09:21 am   Permalink

Thanks again all!! for coming out.. i got a little long winded with stories like this.

Hulas where my first semi-'mass-production'... Along with tikis and tiki mugs, they didn't exist in stores ten years ago either. I was asked to make a few re-pros that sold for $60 each. The 'real' stuff was only found in Midwest garage sales or at CA swap-meets for $50-250. I couldn't make them fast enough at $60 each... Hulas where featured on a few national Ad TV spots and became a pre-Bobble head crazy for a year or two... 10 years later you can finally buy a 'pretty' or nice looking hula nodder for $8-10 in any store in the US... I sell very-very few of my $30 'hand painted & assembled' production model these days.

here are some archival web pages.
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/hw01n2.html
and
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/hw03n4.html
current page
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/hw05n6.html

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2006-10-22 09:24 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation