FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana There is no Andy Landry. This reads like the Enquirer.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
There is no Andy Landry. This reads like the Enquirer.
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 3:37 pm   Permalink

TO ANYONE WHO READS THIS IN THE FUTURE: IT TURNED OUT THAT THE PHOTOS SENT OF ANDY LANDRY WERE STOLEN FROM A WEB PAGE IN SCOTLAND FOR SCOTTISH CLOWN DOCTORS WHO CARE FOR ILL CHILDREN. THERE IS NO DEAD HUSBAND KILLED IN IRAQ AND NO ANDY LANDRY DYING OF CANCER. THE MOTIVES ARE UNCLEAR. ONE THING WE DID LEARN IS THAT THIS TIKI COMMUNITY IS GENEROUS AND CARING. WE ARE A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE. Wendy

Hi Andy, to discover tikis and love them when you are so young (Have you had your 9th birthday?) is very special. I think that most of us that write on Tiki Central are at least in high school. As for myself I've just become a senior citizen at 55 so we discovered our love of tikis at a much older age.

I'm sure that we all want to welcome you to Tiki Central. Your mom can register you so that you can write to anyone you want to. I'd love to be first on your list. I heard that your hospital room was decorated with the tikis that we sent to you and that you are wearing your necklace from Benzart. I'm so happy that you are done with chemotherapy and that you are home.

So far your tiki buddies are danlovestikis, Joanne1055, Kohalacharms, Hewey, James of Pocketiki, and today Atomic Chick said she's going to join us in decorating your room now that you are home.

I know you are having a really hard time and I want you to know that you have a lot of new friends. I'm hoping that the list will grow bigger. So I'm inviting anyone who reads this to email me so I can tell them how to become one of your tiki buddies.

We love you Andy, keep smiling for your mom, smiling makes good stuff travel though your body to help keep you well, a tiki told me that. We will talk soon, Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2006-09-25 18:48 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 4:48 pm   Permalink

Aloha from England Andy! Sian & I are proud to be considered your new tiki buddies. We both hope you enjoy POCKETIKI and the other tiki 'bits 'n' bobs' we sent. Has the package arrived yet? You really do have a great tiki buddy in Wendy & Dan(lovestikis), the lady, and she is a lady, has a really BIG heart! I've just been a little sick myself Andy and it made me appreciate what a brave 'young man' you really are! We admire your spirit, like Wendy says, 'Keep smiling', especially for your mom (we say mum here in England)'. We saw your picture recently, the one with you and the clowns, you looked really happy, remember that day if you are ever feeling down and also remember how their smiles made you and the people around you happy too! It seems like your tiki buddies are sharing their love of tikis with you Andy, that's pretty cool! If you would like to draw a tiki for my magazine I'd be honoured to put it in the next issue! There's a challenge for you. Maybe you could be America's answer to TIKI RACER?!

Take care Andy! Love from James & Sian x

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 4:53 pm   Permalink

aloha andy. i hope you got the box of goodies i sent. get well soon!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 7:59 pm   Permalink

Aloha Andy,

Welcome to Tiki Central. There's so much information on Tiki here that I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Wendy is right, many of us are older than high school, but we're all supportive of your interest and love of Tiki. I'm glad that you're able to get home after treatment. Get well soon. We'd love to see pictures of your newly decorated Tiki room. Hang in there and give your mom a hug. She's a very nice lady. --Barbara, feel free to jump in on tiki talk as well. Welcome.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 8:39 pm   Permalink

Hi, Andy...They call me Basement Kahuna around here but the name my parents and God gave me is Dave. I'm glad to hear you are home, too. And it sounds like you do what your doctors and your mom and dad need you to do...that's important all of your life. Always know that there are people out there that care about you, love you, need you, and want you to get well soon. You have a lot of tiki carving to do when you grow up! We all look forward to hearing from you and that you're feeling 100 percent good.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 8:45 pm   Permalink

Hello Andy, Welcome to Tiki Central from me and everyone. I'm sort of a beginner at studying the ways of the tiki, but I know that tikis are fun and good for you too. All the best.

procinema29

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 9:56 pm   Permalink

Hey There Andy, I'm going to try to post the photo of you and the clown that was at the hospital the first day you were there. I think all your tiki buddies would like to see you even if you are older now. Your mom said you were six in this photo. Did you have your 9th birthday yet? Lots of love, Wendy[image removed]_________________

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - image removed - 2006-09-21 02:12 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-09 07:09 am   Permalink

Hi Andy,
I am glad you are home. I hope you feel better real soon. We all want you to get well so you can make one of the tiki events they talk about around here. A family outing would be fun. There are alot of talented people around here who shine in the world of ''tiki''. I think it's very cool you discovered tikis at such an early age. Hope to chat with you soon.
Ken

[ This Message was edited by: moondog426 2006-09-09 07:11 ]

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-09 08:03 am   Permalink

Hi Andy, one of your tiki buddies Hewey today told me he shipped a box with a surprise for you. It's surfer art that he did just for you. He is the guy who started all of us wanting to be your tiki buddies by contacting Benzart about a necklace for you. Ben contacted me and I contacted your mom. Email is wonderful because we can talk to people all over the world. You have a new tiki buddy in England who is friends with James and Sian of Pocketiki who will contact you too.

Are you going to draw a tiki for the magazine? It's ok to copy a tiki that you have and just do something to it to make it different. Since you also like surfing you could have the tiki on a surfboard or holding one. A surfing tiki! Or any other idea you have would be great. Your mom has a copy of the magazine so the address should be in there, if not let me know and I'll send it to you.

Hang in ther buddy, more good things to come your way, love, Wendy

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-09 08:52 am   Permalink

Hey Andy, Welcome to Tiki Central Tiki Buddy! I am Really glad to hear you are at home after your last treatments. I think you are an Inspiration to all of us Old Fuddy-Duddy's. I'm glad you got my package and it sounds like you got a Lot of other packages too. When you are ready to start carving, let me know and I will try to get a carving lesson to you. Feel free to email me any time if you want to talk or trasde pictures or anything else. YTour momma is a great lady, you are so lucky to have her for a mother.
Cheers for now,
Benzart

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-09 4:07 pm   Permalink

Andy,

Welcome to TC. I go by Gman here, but you can call me Greg. I am writing to you from Florida and I hope that you are much more comfortable at home. I am sending all sorts of positive energy your way, and I hope it helps and makes you smile. Please feel free to send me PM's to talk carving or general silliness whenever you feel like it. If Danlovestikis send me a mailing address, I will send you a tiki pendant I carved to wear also.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-09 4:27 pm   Permalink

here's the package i put together for andy. happy birthday, surfer dude!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-09 4:32 pm   Permalink

Hey Andy welcome to TC. I just wanted to say a quick hello to you and your mom. I hope you get well soon. Keep in touch with us here at TC, we love company.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-09 5:14 pm   Permalink

Just a note to thank everyone who has requested Andy's address and will be sending fun gifts. If you just heard about this send me a personal message and I'll tell you how to participate.

So Andy keep watching your regular mail delivery there are fun things coming your way from all your new tiki buddies. Hugs from Dan and Wendy

ps we sent another box today, one of the things you can play with in bed, you throw them in the air and it sounds like a rattle snake!

ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-09 9:17 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ookoo lady 2006-09-21 08:02 ]

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation