FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts I've finished Gecko's tribute statue with shrunken head.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
I've finished Gecko's tribute statue with shrunken head.
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-08 9:47 pm   Permalink

For fun I've started a mug of Gecko. It just has a base coat right now. On the other side is his face as a shrunken head. I'm learning how to add photos and this is a practice post for me. What do you think can you recognize him at this point? Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2006-09-29 18:26 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-08 10:25 pm   Permalink

Ok now I'm going to try to post the shrunken head side. They both have far to go this is just the first base coat. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-09 01:50 am   Permalink

Wendy, this is way too creepppyyy....can't wait to see the progress. Aloha

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-09 07:21 am   Permalink

Wendy, I agree, this IS Creepy, Beautiful job on the Gecko side! The Shrunken head side is too realistic looking, you sure it is only clay? Excellent job!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-09 09:40 am   Permalink

I live for these comments, thanks guys. I can't wait until I make Gecko's mini me come to life! I'll keep you posted on the progress. Hey everyone please check out Andy Landry loves tikis. I bet there are a lot of extras in everyones collections that could liven up his bedroom. Please.

Let me know if you need their address, Wendy

ps His dad was killed in Iraq in 2005, his mom has been through the worst hell has to offer.

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-09 11:10 am   Permalink

Too Cool That mug looks just like Gecko. That shrunken head reminds me of few people I know too!

Thanks for postin' them thar pics.
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-09 11:46 am   Permalink

so which side is gecko? k'den!

[ This Message was edited by: kingstiedye 2006-09-09 12:13 ]

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-09 5:18 pm   Permalink

Trula wild man!
Are ya makin jus da one or will ya be castin um?
I'd buy dat!
Dat is if I weren't out bid by da king!
One day I got's to meet da king and figure out who's always gettin da GECKO mugs outa my hands!

Anyhow, has GECKO seen dat mug yet?
It's a beauty alright!

"There are mugs fer collectin and mugs fer drinkin. A fool is he who hands his favorite mug to a drinkin friend!"
Dr.TikiMojo

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-09 9:49 pm   Permalink

Hey, that is really nice work. It is TOO CREEPY for sure. The shrunken head part that is. Keep us posted so we can see the finished piece. I also want to know if there will be just one. SWEET.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-16 7:53 pm   Permalink

Hi Everyone, I spent today emailing my buddy Gecko while working on the mug of his mug. It's mostly done except for his face which is still a base coat. I tried to paint the body in Gecko style since this is a tribute to my favorite artist. So what do you think, is there something I need to work on besides his face? I also am showing a painting I did for Dan on a pineapple bowl. I've done several and last night on general tiki I saw another artist doing them as well. You can find his by searching pineapple bowl. Thanks for looking, Wendy

IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-16 9:31 pm   Permalink

Oh man...if I saw that in the dark, I'd RUN. Great art.

View Profile of IsleConch Send a personal message to IsleConch  Email IsleConch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 02:49 am   Permalink

Wendy, when can I get one of those? I have an electric turntable that I can mount a weather-proof version(virgin?) of that to scare... umm I mean to keep the neighborhood pets and children out of the yard. Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-29 6:38 pm   Permalink

Here is my statue that is a likeness of Gecko. Whenever I do a person I see the imperfections in my work. But a teacher once told me that if you try to make everything perfect you will never finish anything. So the time to say it's done has come. Wendy

kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 7:16 pm   Permalink

wow!!! now that it's done , it's an incredible likeness. this is one of the craziest things i've ever seen and i love it! great work, wendy!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-29 8:40 pm   Permalink

Off the charts, DLT! Photo-finished fo'sho...you captured his flesh BUT not his soul! All aces girlfriend, the shrunk'in head side still has me freaking out abit...the Karen Black movie (Trilogy of Terror) with the lil' killer cannibal doll nightmare comes to mind

...BUT I'm just wrestling with my own inner demons!!!

Great Job!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation