FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Songs about Cocktails and Drinking
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Songs about Cocktails and Drinking
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-01 09:14 am   Permalink

The night they invented champgne from Gigi. And Mr booze from Robin and the seven hoods. Sinatra, Crosby, Sammy, Martin. Great song!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-02 5:32 pm   Permalink

There's the Art Van Damme LP's "Martini Time" and "Manhattan Time" (nice covers, too), and Kay Adams' "Alcohol And Tears" - which you might want to stay away from as it's more on the depressing side with songs like the title track, "I Let A Stranger (Buy The Wine)", "Bottle Baby", and "Who'll Buy The Wine"... gad, I need a drink just from looking at it...

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 1:59 pm   Permalink

"Lil' Ol' Winedrinker me"-Dean Martin
"Bubbles in my Beer" Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys
There's a great song called "Rye Whiskey" (country tune) that has the lyrics
"If the ocean were whiskey and I was a duck,
I'd dive to the bottom and never come UP!" Don't know who sang it tho!
"Old Man Mosey" by Louis Prima involves some debauchary with said title character...
That's all for now, Cherry! Can't wait to see the finished list!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mytdawg

Posted: 2006-10-06 6:55 pm   Permalink

Hi (waves) I'd like to suggest a couple newer songs that might fit the concept depending on musical tastes

Hey bartender - The Blues Brothers

Baby & Me & the bottle makes three - Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

One Bourbon, one scotch, one beer and I drink alone - George Thorogood (maybe not, just a suggestion)

and one I think you will like from the requested time period, my main purpose was to suggest this song.

Bottle of wine - The Fireballs

View Profile of mytdawg Send a personal message to mytdawg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-17 11:44 am   Permalink

Cherry-

2 more from Sinatra- "I believe in You" -in which he sings of gin & vemouth & also "I get a kick out of you" -which of course contains the classic line "I get no kick from Champagne"

and 1 from Dino, the wonderful "Hey, brother, Pour the wine"

CHEERS!

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 03:22 am   Permalink

Thank you EVERYONE for all of your help with this thread. You can see the final results on this thread:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=22152

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 08:50 am   Permalink

"Bottle of Wine" by the Fireballs....("when you gonna, let me get sober")....oh about 67or so....Doc Watson also with "Bottle of Wine"(whole different take)...."Pink Champagne" by Joe liggins....early 50's....."Pizza and Beer" by Luis Prima....."Married to the Bottle" by The Johnson Boys (1985) "Booze It" by Ray Campi...."Hot Toddy" by a lot of different artists....."Scotch on the Rocks" by The Band of the Black Watch...Ballad of Thunder Road" by Robert Mitchum...Dee Dee Sharp "The Bottle or Me" "Bottom of the Fifth" by Charlie Louvin .....Merle Haggard did "The Bottle Let Me Down" .......Clint Eastwood (yep! Roddy Yeats) and Ray Charles doing "Beers to You"!!...James Brown did "The Drunk" (1965)....Eddie Harris (great sax!) did "Drunk Man".....Joan Armatrading did "Water With the Wine"...."Wine,Women and Song" by Smokey Robinson .....wasn't "Lets GO Get Stoned" (Ray Charles) and "Everybody must Get Stoned" (Bob Dylan) as much about drink as alternative highs?....there's sooo many more but I gotta get to work!!

One more!.."Hey Bartender"...Floyd Dixon,Blues Brothers, Blue "Bo Bo" Blazer.(the best one!)

I type so slowly there was bound to be ( Whoa!" Tequila Sunrise" Eagles!) some overlap!

[ This Message was edited by: Hula Cat 2007-04-12 08:56 ]

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 09:04 am   Permalink

This is one of my favorite CDs of all time

I got my copy autographed after we played football with the bands roadies outside a bowling alley in Green Bay, Wisconsin. They use to be such a good band until Dave fell in love with an actress...(sigh)

Sorry Cheri, I didn't mean to hijack your thread

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mouse Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 6:40 pm   Permalink

How bout "I Got Loaded" by:....oh hell,I can't think of who did it! Think it's sumpin from the 40s/50s.............Remy

View Profile of Mouse Art Send a personal message to Mouse Art  Goto the website of Mouse Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 03:04 am   Permalink

Peppermint Harris, I think.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mouse Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 11:42 am   Permalink

Yeah pappy, I think that WAS the guy. Tanks....R.

View Profile of Mouse Art Send a personal message to Mouse Art  Goto the website of Mouse Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 4:52 pm   Permalink

the Pepper Harris "I Got Loaded"was 1950.......there's one " (I Got Loaded At) Smokey Joe"s" by Thurston Harris around 1958 that's a fine song.....and "Bottoms Up" by Carl and Pearl Butler (late 60's-early 70's?)

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 10:05 am   Permalink

on serious note: "A Case of You" by Joni Mitchel and a beautiful cover of that song by Diana Krall/

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 1:48 pm   Permalink

How about "Okole Maluna aka Bottoms up"
by the Mai Kai Gents

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mashuka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-17 5:08 pm   Permalink

Then there's "Okolehau" by Augie Colon.

View Profile of Mashuka Send a personal message to Mashuka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation