[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki In The Classroom
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki In The Classroom
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-13 7:37 pm   Permalink

In the effort to promote Tiki Awareness to the Youth of America I have created a Tiki Paradise in my Classroom. My students love Tiki! They draw tikis, play musical chairs to Ape & King Kukulele, and all have Tiki Themed Birthday Parties. Thanks to Little Lost Tiki they even have Tiki Coloring Book Pages to Color. May the Spirit of Aloha & Tiki Live Forever. WOOOHOOO!

Circle Time Bulletin Board

Tiki Tropical Tunes

Tiki-rrific Kinders Good Behavior Chart

The Little Book Shack

ARRRT...

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-09-13 19:52 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 10:01 am   Permalink

Very very cool!!!!

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 10:01 am   Permalink

This is refreshing. What grade is this class?

Rev Bamboo Ben would pay more attention to Arrrt if he attended (lol)

Nice

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 10:57 am   Permalink

Great job! I'm going to make sure my wife see's this. She's a first grade teacher.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-14 11:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-14 10:01, McTiki wrote:
This is refreshing. What grade is this class?

Rev Bamboo Ben would pay more attention to Arrrt if he attended (lol)

Nice

Mahalo

McTiki

Kindergarten

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 3:46 pm   Permalink

Aloha WooHoo!
I had no idea how tiki-intensive your classroom was! Great job! My favorite is the ARRRRRRT Pirate! Glad the children have such a great lady for a teacher! Just think, you are helping spread the Tiki-lore and love to the next generation! Kudos to you! Ken

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2006-09-15 08:06 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-15 12:52 am   Permalink

Man.....why couldn't my Kindergarten teacher been as cool as you?? Mine yelled at me after getting lost on my way home from school. Such a B*tch she was. Wonder if she's dead yet.....hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Cool classroom.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
net-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-15 11:30 am   Permalink

Thats really cool wish i had that back when i was in school. I loved arrrrrrrrrt!!!

View Profile of net-tiki Send a personal message to net-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-29 4:37 pm   Permalink

That is really kool. Today I taught my 3rd graders how to draw various tiki. Some of their drawings looked pretty sweet. I look forward to seeing what they can do as the year progresses.

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-13 4:49 pm   Permalink

Lucky kids! Bet we all wish we got a start like this...

Thought Id add a pic here of a few tiki Masterworks by my 4 1/2yr old daughter Kenna (she signs her work 'Kena'! I dont know, artists...)

Came home one day & started my regular online browse of auction sites to find her first painting listed (thanks to Mum!), she got 2 bids & the piece went to Australia, cool eh?

She now has plans for global domination... hahaha

These are all her own designs, apparently inspired from watching her 'master carver' (her words) Dad, who she sees regularly drawing such things... If this is anything to go by, I would say they are derived from traditional Maori (greenstone/pounamu) Hei-tiki.

Ahh, so proud! (at least it covers the price of materials & aint TV!!!) Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-29 3:52 pm   Permalink

This year the kids in my class will be inspired by the works of The One and Only...Derek Yaniger. WoooHoooo!

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-08-29 16:17 ]

Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-06 12:54 am   Permalink

The kids must be lovin' their tiki classroom! How fun, I wish I would have had a room this much fun when I was a kid. I bet WooHoo is the Bomb teacher to have! Have a Tiki Fabulous year WooHoo!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
YankeeAirPirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-06 04:57 am   Permalink

I love it! Like living in a cartoon.

I hope your students' parents love it too. Don't want the busybody types ruining it for the kids. My mom was a teacher for most of my life and she's told me some stories!

View Profile of YankeeAirPirate Send a personal message to YankeeAirPirate  Email YankeeAirPirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-06 05:21 am   Permalink

Wow...you put some great effort into the tiki decor for the kids. GREAT JOB!!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-06 07:25 am   Permalink

"In the effort to promote Tiki Awareness to the Youth of America ..."

LOL...Tiki Awareness....I love it.

Do you serve them Hawaiian Punch in Tiki mugs ?

What a fun classroom for kids to be in.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation