[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki In The Classroom
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Tiki In The Classroom
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-03 9:27 pm   Permalink

Karen, my wife is a kindergarten instructional aide so this thread caught my eye when I first saw it a couple of years ago - but I had no idea who you were then. Now that I know you it seems so much more real Keep up the good work and HAVE FUN!!!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-11 10:21 pm   Permalink

You go, WooHoo Girl!

What a splendid idea and way of presenting!

Educating a future generation of Tikiphiles!

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-14 08:48 am   Permalink

This is great to see. Thanks.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-25 08:59 am   Permalink

One of my kinders from last year created this over the summer for me. He brought it to me the first day of school!

Front:

Back:

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2010-09-26 09:07 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-25 6:29 pm   Permalink

That is a pretty rad mug there. I need to get the kids in my class to start designing, pouring,
and glazing mugs. It will be like homework only I would make money off of it. Nike
will have nothing on me...

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-26 08:45 am   Permalink

Teaching and Tiki there ain't nothing better. This is the type of illustration my Thai kids had to suffer during our culture special on New Zealand.

I don't know what age your kiddies are but teach them the Haka Dance, it's a great way to start a Monday watching 30 six year olds doing the battle dance of the Maoris.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-29 8:10 pm   Permalink

Another Tiki Inspired Bulletin Board in my classroom...

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-25 6:42 pm   Permalink

What can you make with 100 popsicle sticks?? Created by a 2nd Grader at my school...

Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-03-26 12:30 am   Permalink

2nd grader?? WOW! Very cool, looks like you have a bunch of great kidz and you must be an awesome teacher.. I have a ceramics teacher customer that comes every year to buy mugs from our shop and she brings pictures of what the kidz did in her class. It is so cool to see what the kidz come up with..

"TikiPop" On Instagram

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-26 08:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-25 18:42, WooHooWahine wrote:
What can you make with 100 popsicle sticks?? Created by a 2nd Grader at my school...

That is so awesome! I had popcycle sticks all the time growing up (my dad worked for Darigold) and NEVER put together such a nice little surf shack! Grass roof too! Even has the sandy beach! Budding little future TC artist?! Get 'em young!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-26 09:12 am   Permalink

Watch out Uncle Trav!!!!!

Karen, what an impact you are making on your students! This is from a child you had 2 years ago? That's like 15 years in adult-time and the seed you planted is still growing strong.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-26 09:29 am   Permalink

This is just super cool, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-28 11:33 pm   Permalink

Something to share with the kids.

http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Live_the_Life/Learn_All_About_Hula.jsp
(there are two videos...one for the boys and one for the girls)

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation