FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Ernie Menehune LUAU in Tucson on Sept 30th, 2006
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Ernie Menehune LUAU in Tucson on Sept 30th, 2006
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-13 9:55 pm   Permalink

Aloha Everyone!

Ernie Menehune (yes, THAT Ernie Menehune) will be hosting his very own luau at Menehune Village on Saturday, September 30th, 2006 in beautiful Tucson Arizona!

Please note that this is NOT the show that Ernie has at the Kon Tiki, but rather the annual luau that he hosts at his tropical desert oasis, Menehune Village.

It's a full scale luau with hula dancers, drumers, a kalua pig and Ernie...heck even Elvis shows up for this one!

But, it's BYOMT (that's bring-your-own-mai-tai for the acronymicly impaired), but never fear, Plaza Liquors has everything you need for this event!

Soccer Tiki, WooHoo Wahine, tiki-tina, bamboo boyd and the Cheeky Half's will be there (rumor has it even the geico gecko will be there...sorry, inside joke), so c'mon and join the party!

Tickets are $20 per person and include everything but the bevvies, and they're a-goin' fast, so if you are interested in experiencing one of the best, most authentic Polynesian luaus around, please contact Ernie's keyboard player, Larry Armstrong for tickets. He can be reached at (520)490-3279.

Need more convincing? Check out this great thread by the cheeky half's (or is that halves?):
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=20483&forum=1

Experience one of the true legends live and in person before it's too late!

Hope to see you there!

P.S. And if'n you can't make it to this luau, never fear, Ernie next show at the Kon Tiki is scheduled for the last Sunday of October!

Mahalo!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-tina 2006-09-13 22:40 ]

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-18 7:05 pm   Permalink

WooooHooooooo! Sounds like another Tiki-rrific Weekend in Tucson

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-20 8:43 pm   Permalink

WOOOOOOHOOOOO! Tucson are you ready for another Tiki Weekend?? SoccerTiki and I just booked our flight. See you in 9 days

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 1:48 pm   Permalink

I've got to call Larry and see if there are more tickets, but Becca and I will likely be there, unless she has to work that day. Can't wait!

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-21 4:50 pm   Permalink

I guess its time for another LUAU!!!!!!!!!!! I/we are looking forward to going back to Tucson!!!!!! Can't wait to have a few drinks at the Kon Tiki with our AZ friends!!! Cheeky Half-Tell Louie and Marcos to get ready to WooooHoooOOOOO!
Can't wait to see Ernie Menehune in his Menehune Village!!!!!!!
Air SoccerTiki lands in Tucson Friday around 1:30pm according to my WooHooo Travel Agent!!!!

9 more days!!!!!

WoooooooooHoooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-22 6:06 pm   Permalink

WoooHooooo! Do you think this would be a good place to sip Mai Tai's under a Palm Tree??? www.lodgeonthedesert.com

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-25 6:41 pm   Permalink

TGIF @ Kon Tiki Friday Night. Hope to see everyone there

TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-26 12:07 pm   Permalink

I had the pleasure of meeting Ernie Menehune at the Menehune Ranch and Village yesterday. What a delightful man and fabulous entertainer! For those fortunate enough to attend the Annual Luau this weekend...what a treat is in store, I'm extremely jealous that I cannot attend!

Mahaloz to Cheeky Half for providing contact information to reach Ernie and a lovely evening afterwards at Kon Tiki!

Here are photo's of Ernie Menehune at Menehune Village doing a television commercial spot for the U.S. Armed Forces.

Evening at Kon Tiki

ALOHA Ernie!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-27 5:11 pm   Permalink

Hey Cheeky Half & the MR.! Is that the table we'll be partying at this weekend???? WooHooWahine and I stoked and ready to party Tucson Style!!!! I talked to Louie today and he says the bar is stocked! The Luau at Ernie's is gonna be awesome! Get some sleep in advance!
48 hours!!!!
WooooHoooooOOOOOOOoooooo!
SoccerTiki

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-27 10:29 pm   Permalink

Fri Sat Sun
Mostly Sunny Mostly Sunny Partly Cloudy
Low: 66 High: 96 Low: 66 High: 97 Low: 70 High: 95

What great weather for a luau in Tucson!!!!!!!!

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-28 7:09 pm   Permalink

WOOOOHOOO! Tomorrow night at this time we will be at The Kon Tiki. Can't wait to see the Arizona Ohana

cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 08:11 am   Permalink

TravelingJones, we had a great time hanging out with you at the KT. Hopefully you will flip, flop, flip this way again. We are going to print out those photos and give them to Ernie at the luau.

We've been really busy with the mosaic thing lately so we haven't had a chance to check in with tc and keep updated on this thread. We have a van for transport to and from the luau, Louie has double stocked the bar and Marcos is ready and anxiously awaiting everyone's arrival.

The Mr is a bit under the weather so I'm loading him up with Advil and echinacea tea. Hopefully I can revive him enough, so that he will be able to come out and play tonight.

See you soon!

cheeky half

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 2:02 pm   Permalink

Woo!

Looking forward to seeing you all tonight. Are we meeting for drinks or dinner? What time are we meeting? I'm guessing around 7pm. If someone can give me a call, I'd appreciate it, as I'm not going to be near a computer at all for the rest of the day. 520-390-8245 is my cell.

Thanks!

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-29 8:23 pm   Permalink

To all those attending the Menehune LUAU...CHEERS! I'll be there in aloha spirit!!!

Cheeky half, B-12 in the arse of the other cheeky half...gotta get'em going in time for the hula contest!

Shaka Y'all!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-01 4:31 pm   Permalink

WOOOOHOOOO! What an adventure we had in Tucson. Mucho Mahalo to The Cheeky Half Ohana for being such great hosts. Here's some pics of our Adventure:

We loaded the Tiki Mobile in search of The Menehune Ranch

Soccer Tiki with our cooler full of Lapu Lapu's

We received a ALOHA from the Ohana

Next we were greeted by the Tikis

Here's our Host for the evening

Some pics of The Menehune Ranch

Everyone had a Tiki-rrific Time

Even Elvis showed up?????

The Show:

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation