FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Do you remember.....
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Do you remember.....
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 01:35 am   Permalink

TRILOGY OF TERROR!

Do you remember seeing this movie when it came out in 1975? It scared the crap out of me, but I thought it was great!

I won't let my little one see this for a looooong time. I don't want her to associate that freakin' Zuni doll and our tiki items.

Oh, that damn Zuni doll...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000JXVQ/qid=1040977280/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/104-0087033-3000715

ScaredCaddyDaddy

[ This Message was edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2002-12-29 03:03 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 07:34 am   Permalink

Yeah, I remember watching this as a kid. It scared the living hell out of me! I believe there's a company who manufactures a reproduction of this doll, which I thought would be cool to have but I'm sure my 3yr old would really freak out. Didn't someone post a link to an eBay auction of the original movie prop doll a few months back?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-12-27 08:33 am   Permalink

Oh my! Why did you go opening that "dark" closet up? It took me 10 years to get over that, now I'm gonna have to see it again, and start all over.

That last scene left indelible scars....

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 7:28 pm   Permalink

Wow! I am so excited that there are others who remember this movie! I was a little kid and really hyped up to see the part about the Zuni doll, but I couldn't stay awake, I keep nodding off on the couch. The next day I was seriously annoyed at myself and my mom told me that the doll went berserk and chased Karen Black all over the place and then got stuffed in the oven. (is this true, is that how she killed the doll? or was my mom making this up to placate me)Someone told me that this movie is on cable TV alot, I would definately like to see it again.

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 9:44 pm   Permalink

Over at Electric Sheep
www.e-sheep.com/terrors/
They remember "Trilogy of Terror". About 25 years ago I saw the Zuni Fetish Doll on display at Universal Studios. I remember all my freinds talked about that movie for years.
It was scary.

"Then, one night in 1975, I made the biggest mistake of my life"

"The third story of the trilogy, "Amelia," is a brilliant meditation on self-determination and personal transformation. But to a seven-year-old it was only about one thing: a woman being hunted through her apartment by an 18-inch Zuni warrior fetish doll wielding a steak knife. That doll, I was later to learn, permanently scarred the psyche of Generation X, and I was no exception."

[ This Message was edited by: alnshely on 2002-12-27 22:41 ]

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 9:53 pm   Permalink

i've never heard of this movie, but im gonna have to rent it .It sounds freaky good.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 10:26 pm   Permalink

TikiGoddess, the original link (to Amazon) I have on my post shows the video for sale. Buy it, watch it.....with the lights out....if you dare...

SuperScaredCaddyDaddy

[ This Message was edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2002-12-28 00:46 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 10:42 pm   Permalink

Your right SCD, no spoilers edit your post too.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-27 10:50 pm   Permalink

I remember seeing that movie at the drive-in. Remember those days when you went in you pjs and took you pillow and junk. I also remeber a movie about some old lady who's husband was always riding her for not being organized. In the end she organized him real good. Remember Harry?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-29 10:02 am   Permalink

Quote:
About 25 years ago I saw the Zuni Fetish Doll on display at Universal Studios

Al, I remember that too! I was about 9 years old and looking up at that thing through a glass case.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 10:06 pm   Permalink

This is definately a rip off with Shirley Jones. Circ.1984
Black Devil Doll From Hell
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1800037159

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 05:01 am   Permalink

In september you can buy your own Zuni Fetish Doll.... IF YOU DARE!!!!

http://www.forbiddenplanetstore.com/acatalog/NECA.html#aC3841

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 07:18 am   Permalink

Oh yeah, I remember seeing this at the theatre! People were heckling and laughing at the Zuni episode, it was so bad.... but bad in a funny way!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 9:05 pm   Permalink

Whats the story on this little guy?

Is this a rip off in design or a original doll (I mean action figure) from the movie? I don't have a refined eye, but my guess is rip off...

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki 2005-07-07 21:09 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-12 08:01 am   Permalink

Last nite I watched TRILOGY OF TERROR, which I rented from Netflix. I finally got to see Karen Black be chased by the Zuni doll, and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I watched it 3 times in a row and Im gonna watch it again tonite. Im so glad all these 70s movies and Tv shows are on DVD now so I can tie up my own mental loose ends.

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation