FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-17 12:09 pm   Permalink

Aloha, members of the Denver tiki tribe.

My name is ZuluMagoo, creator and publisher of the Rocky Mountain Tiki Newsletter. This thread is open to all news and information as it relates to local tiki happenings, events, etc.

If you would like to subscribe to the free newsletter (published via email as a .pdf file), drop me an email at RockyMountainTiki at yahoo.com

ZuluMagoo

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-17 12:40 pm   Permalink

Here is a photo from Tiki Fink Theatre a few weeks. I shot this from behind the group, "It Came From Hell" is showing on the movie screen in front. It was a very entertaining interactive evening with good friends, great drinks and lots of heckeling.

Thanks again Fink for hosting a fantastic event.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-17 12:45 pm   Permalink

Saturday, October 21st, 2006

The Rocky Mountain Tiki Newsletter presents:
"Tiki on the Town" - A Night at the Original Castaways!

Road trip to Colorado's lost and forgotten tiki establishment - The Original Castaways (www.castaways.com). Opened in 1971, this hidden gem, still displaying it's original decor, is nestled at the foot of Pikes Peak in Manitou Springs, just a quick 1 hour drive south of Denver. If you have not visited The Castaways, it is definitely worth the short drive (only 60 miles).

Join us for dinner, drinks, friends and fun! For those who wish to make it an overnight trip, or don't want to drive home after a few tiki drinks, there are hotel rooms available at the adjacent Castaways Hotel.

Meet at 4:30 in the parking lot of the Red Robin restaurant at the Park Meadows Mall (I-25 and County Line Road)to carpool. The Red Robin is located on the east side of the mall in the outer parking lot. Maps and directions to the Castaways will be available then. The carpool convoy will leave at 4:45, so don't be late. We will be arriving at the Castaways around 6:00ish.

Please RSVP to ZuluMagoo so I can get a general headcount for this event. Aloha - See you all there.

The ZuluMobile minivan has room for 4-5 carpool passengers and we will be screening Elvis in 'Blue Hawaii' on the DVD player during the trip. Should be fun.

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 10:40 am   Permalink

Zulu:

Sounds fantastic!! We are definitely in! Any excuse to Tiki and go to Manatou is a good one! Thanks for putting this together!

T.F.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-09-18 10:41 ]

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 11:16 am   Permalink

sounds like alotof fun!
Wish I had time to git on down that way!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-20 11:45 am   Permalink

I also put this in the other thread, I'm putting it here too.
I've put it everywhere in the past before I got married, cause I was just a TRAMP!
Anyway, I'd like to know of any Colo. tiki artists besides myself and Doppleganger Studios for a Winter/spring show party I'd like to do.
P.m. if ya know of any others and we'll get drunk and look at art!

Luv yer guts......Mr. Dale

p.s. Zulu.....prints of yer flyers would be great too!

---Happy Skull-ptures---

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Dale 2006-09-20 11:46 ]

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-20 3:41 pm   Permalink

Mr. Dale,

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you yet but definitely am looking forward to the opportunity. I by no means consider myself an artist but I think it might be fun to at least try to do something, and I'm sure I could talk Pop into it too.

Pop's stuff

My messings...

...If nothing else, I could lend you my big Bob.

[And by posting on this thread v. the other one, I am in no way being partisan or involved in this little spat, I just don't want to post twice...and...well nevermind]

[ This Message was edited by: HelzTiki 2006-09-20 15:41 ]

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 07:03 am   Permalink

Right on Helz......
I've seen your stuff before on 'creating' but I never noticed your location. Thats great news.
I don't know when or where just yet, its an idea just hatching in my bald skull, but I'll figure it out and let you know. Could you p.m. yer phone # or something and I'll make sure you are included. This is gonna be great!
Thanks, Mr. Dale

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 07:18 am   Permalink

Hey Helztiki- the carvings are great and the large Tiki Bob is awesome. My wife now wants one!! We definitely need to visit your tiki lounge soon to visit him!

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 09:05 am   Permalink

Dale:

My old gallery is going to close and my next art show was thereby cancelled. I would love to do some work for a Tiki show. Just wonderin' where you are thinking about doing this.

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 09:21 am   Permalink

Dale - I am taking care of your 5' moai (tiki #4? from your collection) that you carved for TikiBill. He is available for a show and would look great back with your other carvings.

Bill also has several larger carvings from C.C. Rider (but he is from the Palm Springs area) that would look great.

Zulu

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-23 7:46 pm   Permalink

I have vrey good Denver art scene connections and even if we have to buy a show spot it would be cool to do this on Santa Fe Blvd. This way we can have exposure on first Friday. Who knows, there may be a way to get the Art Bus involved with a mobile luau.

Let's seriously discuss!!!

T.F.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-09-23 19:47 ]

Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-28 4:30 pm   Permalink

Whoa.....this is cool.....it was just an idea forming itself into a plan. But now its gonna go.
I was thinking January or Feb. What ya all think? That would give enough time for me and everyone else to get stuff done. It takes a LOT longer now.
Santa Fe or Tennyson First Friday would be great, and yeah, even if we have to rent that would o.k. But from past experiences it brings liquor laws and insurance and stuff into the thing. But something will happen by then.
Also, I was thinking just Colo. stuff. Theres enough tiki art in the rest of the world without them moving in here. Okie Doke? I like em all, but I like us better.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Dale 2006-10-04 11:16 ]

Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-30 2:40 pm   Permalink

Matterhorn,

It's not really a tiki lounge, just a twinkle in my eye at this point, but soon (Thus the current name of "The UNenchanted Tiki Room"). But even if, you're definitely welcome to come on over and meet Bob..

Dale,

I've talked to Pop a bit and he thinks he'd be up for it, and I'm not sure I'm of that caliber, but I'd give it a run, so let me know

and Aloha to all the other Denver folks!

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-30 8:01 pm   Permalink

Helz - I sent you a PM with my cell phone number. Give me a call when you and Rita are down at the Hukilau and we could get together for a drink in the Wreck Bar. We have tickets for the early seating on Sat. nite at the Mai Kai, when are you guys going? We will also be spending some time at the Hukilau merchandise booth in the Bazaar as volunteers.

Zulu

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation