FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Carmine Verandah
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-12-01 11:44 am   Permalink

My congratulations and adulations to Zulu and the lovely Mrs. Magoo for a most splendoriferous cocktail party! They really know how to show hospitality in excess.

My companion and I were truly well entertained -- the awe-inspiring tiki basement, the mind-boggling refreshments (particularly the unforgettable Astro-Weenie Tree and the edibly toxic Undescended Twinkies) and all the wonderful folks -- including that swell surprise guest Charles Phoenix -- and, not the least of it, those humongous pitchers of Suffering Bastard and other alky delights.

Even Zulu's mother-in-law (chic in glowing red Christmas tree light earrings) and the Magoos' adorable blonde daughters got into the act. I must say, it warmed the cockles of La Verandah's heart to see the eldest angel go behind the bar and announce in her sweet little voice:

"Daddeee, we're almost out of ice!"

[ This Message was edited by: Carmine Verandah 2007-12-01 11:45 ]

View Profile of Carmine Verandah Send a personal message to Carmine Verandah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-01 6:12 pm   Permalink

Fezzes off to the House of Zulu and the Kona Luani! That was one for the record books!

Thanks for the wonderful evening!

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-01 8:16 pm   Permalink

Thank you for the nice comments. However, it is really easy to host a fun event with this great group of people.

I was glad to see some new faces, we always enjoy meeting meeting new tikiphiles.

Here a few pictures from the evening.

Charles Phoenix at the Astro Weenie Tree.

Helz and PopTiki behind the bar.

Tiki Fink's cool holiday pants and Monty inspects his drink.

Matterhorn and Vivian VaVoom at the bar.

Members of the Denver Tiki Tribe.

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-02 09:40 am   Permalink

Thank you Zulu and Mrs.

Great party, great evening. Met lots of folks and had a great time. Nothing better than being at a great party with great people and have a celeb or two show up.

Zulu Rules.

pop

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-04 4:29 pm   Permalink

I'm sorry I miseed your party Zulu.....sounds like another fantastic time has slipped by. Good Job.

But the old Gemini restraunt on 43rd and Wadsorth is for sale. And I know I'm not the only one to see this place, we used to go here for breakfast but it just screams TIKI BAR! Its even an inclined A-frame that sits free by itself in an ocean of parking on a busy street. Its the nearest thing we have anywhere to an old style tiki temple. Gawd......somebody with more money and time than me buy this place and let me carve you a truck load of tikis!

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-04 9:23 pm   Permalink

Zulu,

Thanks again for an awsome party! It was the highlight of the year.

Dale,

Funny you should mention that. I've been looking at that place for months, and when Pop was down for the party last weekend I took him over there and showed it to him. I actually even think I mentioned it to Zulu and Fink. This place needs 40 different rums, a crapload of bamboo...and us.

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-05 06:29 am   Permalink

40 different rums, a crapload of bamboo and us.......amen brother.

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-05 08:41 am   Permalink

Now all I have to do is win the lottery.

That place really does look awesome.

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Carmine Verandah
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-12-05 1:59 pm   Permalink

Ahhhh, the Gemini is one of the fav eateries for dining out with the spousal unit. I especially adored that the interior had not apparently been remodeled since 1979. Not that it was shabby, it simply reeked of the age of macrame and granola. Many of the entrees on the menu are named for astrological signs, a little Age of Aquarius theme going.

And, yes, I can see it as tiki hangout -- there's a separate bar area that would be perfect.

Dear, dear, t'would be a ripe pity to lose it...

View Profile of Carmine Verandah Send a personal message to Carmine Verandah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-06 1:46 pm   Permalink

I honestly think thats the first time I've heard "ripe pity" on Tiki Central.
And its completely COOL! We need more verbage like this. Makes for good readin'
And if "makes for good readin'" doesn't make me sound like the Colorado / South Dakota boy I am than I don't know what does.

But yeah....it still has that 70's vibe on the inside and had numerous plants and cozy corners. And its all still there for us to massage into a little slice of paradise! Anyone call the Number on the sign yet? How much do they want for this little gem before it gets torn down or turned into another damned starbucks?!

Thats it.....I'm calling tomorrow. I know a queen of darkness bar goddess in Idaho I could talk into managing it for me. I just have to give her a class on tiki and all thats required. Oh Baby.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Dale 2007-12-06 13:48 ]

Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-06 2:11 pm   Permalink

I got dibs on the Bar!!!

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-06 3:55 pm   Permalink

You need a manager, I will quit TB and do that instead. Done my fair share of bar managing. Could even set up a BASIC poly pop menu. You wouldn't want to get too deep into food if you can help it. No profit and it's a pain in the ass. Take it from an ex chef. It would be sooo cool if we could pool together for a LLC and make this fly.

Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-06 7:45 pm   Permalink

Fink,

You manage the place, I'll blow the dust of my MBA and get the LLC and all the biz stuff done (and we can pull the drink menu together), Dale and Zulu can get to work on the decor, Matterhorn working up the house collection of artifacts....I think we got the crew.

(and I can have us an LLC tomorrow for $50)

I'm just sayin'...

Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-07 4:16 pm   Permalink

SO......the asking price....they're just asking.....a cool MILLION! Well not quite.....$995,000.00! Or we could lease.....7500 a month triple net....whatever that means. I called them today and told them I had to talk with "some people" before I got a call back.

So we're looking at about having to sell a 1000 mai-tais or so a month just to cover the rent. And a lot more to pay for bills...salaries and supplies.

And I'm sure they'd take less....especially if it just sits for a few months and starts to get moldy. But man.....we would still need somebody with deep pockets to get this thing off the ground.

After that I say hell yeah....Fink and Helz can steer this ship if they want to. Ya got my vote. And fink is right....Stay away from the food and keep it clean and to a minimum. But from the last time I looked into it. Ya gotta serve a minimum of snacks or something if ya want a cabaret liquor license. Which is what we'd need.

So....any ideas?

Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-07 4:26 pm   Permalink

Helz......I'll cover the $50 and cough up a least three large tikis if you and Fink can get this thing moving.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation